Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    thats true, but with stats you can prove it. Puke and piss is subjective.

Science found the benefits of electrolytes, proper nutrition, amino acids, etcc... Things like this can bring you to the next level, and sometimes the next level is .001 seconds.
    there is also another stat that we were taught " Peoples bodies max out at when they use around 70-80% of there energy which means we always have more to give, you learn to push through that during training which clearly these guys don't and there could be your .001 .

listen your never gonna agree cause your clearly a sports science dude, but pro athletes are pampered sissys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mook-life View Post
    there is also another stat that we were taught " Peoples bodies max out at when they use around 70-80% of there energy which means we always have more to give, you learn to push through that during training which clearly these guys don't and there could be your .001 .

listen your never gonna agree cause your clearly a sports science dude, but pro athletes are pampered sissys
    No, I agree 100% they are pampered sissys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the amount of people on here with inside info is staggering. I am not doubting anyones legitamcy for one second, but it's crazy the amount of people popping up with "sources" info. Add this to reporters, bloggers etc who also have the inside scoop- it's insane really.I can't recall any club team I have supported both professional and semi pro ever having this many leaks. Either the front office is more porous than my colander, or people on here have very influential friends, maybe bit of both........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    the amount of people on here with inside info is staggering. I am not doubting anyones legitamcy for one second, but it's crazy the amount of people popping up with "sources" info. Add this to reporters, bloggers etc who also have the inside scoop- it's insane really.I can't recall any club team I have supported both professional and semi pro ever having this many leaks. Either the front office is more porous than my colander, or people on here have very influential friends, maybe bit of both........
    Here's the thing, "inside information" is everywhere with this team, you don't even have to go looking for it. I used to live down by the stadium, and I'd fairly routinely come across stuff. Check your PM's, I send you a couple of examples which I don't really want to post publicly, but don't mind sharing via PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    "Firing" a guy of that profile isn't simple. I believe what happened was a firing for all intents and purposes.
    I have believed this from the beginning, although I thought it was more the typical MLSE power play. This is Larry T's shop, and Tim got rid of his guys. With the Bell/Rogers relationship strained, Larry's power has resurfaced, and he has reassertion his control. Suspicions of unauthorized spending would be a good pretext. Tim saying "the plan was always that I would only stay a couple of years never made sense to me"
    Last edited by MightyDM; 10-30-2014 at 01:25 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LT didn't get his way on the Argos. And that strain thing has yet to be seen in what is happening within MLSE.

LT is not in control.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds true that Nelsen pushed them hard, he had high standards - Premier League success and an undefeated run in the World Cup, both that came through graft as a player. He seemed to rate highest players that thrived under hard work, and it does possibly account for the injuries. A bit hard to accept that there was too much discontent though. For example, he was scrupulous in defending the team in public, as in his comments that they lost because " they were getting in comfortable positions defensively" (instead of the hard work needed to succeed). No one could say he was pointing at a particular player, although they all knew who he meant. I think the biggest problem with Nelsen was that he couldn't figure out how to use Bradley, with his prodigious work rate but desire to do it all, which often left the defence exposed. Warner's acquisition was designed to address this, but didn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    LT didn't get his way on the Argos. And that strain thing has yet to be seen in what is happening within MLSE.

LT is not in control.
    yup, he isn't. But he is enough in control to get rid of Tim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Here's the thing, "inside information" is everywhere with this team, you don't even have to go looking for it. I used to live down by the stadium, and I'd fairly routinely come across stuff. Check your PM's, I send you a couple of examples which I don't really want to post publicly, but don't mind sharing via PM.
    There's probably a few reasons for this...
    First, the competitive organized soccer community is smaller and tighter than many other sports in Ontario.
    A lot of hardcore TFC fans are involved in the soccer community in some way, and thus connections are inevitable.

That doesn't happen as often in some other sports.
    Your average Leafs fan has no real connection to the actual hockey scene in Ontario.
    They aren't directly involved with a junior team or provincial youth hockey association the way many TFC fans are involved in Ontario's soccer world.

The other factor is that most TFC players (and most other people involved with the team) are closer to the average person in Toronto than your typical multi-millionaire athletes in other pro sports.
    They live in and are part of the same communities as their fans.

A TFC players might get their hair cut at the same shitty Top-Cuts you go to.
    A trainer may be a regular at the same divey restaurant you frequent.
    A player might live in a tiny one bedroom condo in the same building as you...

Basically, there are more opportunities for the lives of TFC people to intersect those of the average TFC fan compared the uber-rich athletes of other pro sports, driving their lambos home to the Bridlepath.

I've run into many TFC players and coaches all over town... I've very rarely run into any Leafs or Jays.
    Last edited by gdg_9; 10-30-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    There's probably a few reasons for this...
    First, the competitive organized soccer community is smaller and tighter than many other sports in Ontario.
    A lot of hardcore TFC fans are involved in the soccer community in some way, and thus connections are inevitable.
    Not the case for me. This stuff always came through channels unrelated to the soccer community.

The other factor is that most TFC players (and most other people involved with the team) are closer to the average person in Toronto than your typical multi-millionaire athletes in other pro sports.
    They live in and are part of the same communities as their fans.

A TFC players might get their hair cut at the same shitty Top-Cuts you go to.
    A trainer may be a regular at the same divey restaurant you frequent.
    A player might live in a tiny one bedroom condo in the same building as you...

Basically, there are more opportunities for the lives of TFC people to intersect those of the average TFC fan compared the uber-rich athletes of other pro sports, driving their lambos home to the Bridlepath.

I've run into many TFC players and coaches all over town... I've very rarely run into any Leafs or Jays.
    This second part though, 100% true (for me at least).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post

Good point

I have never run into a Jay now that you mention it.
    Leafs once or twice, Raptors more so in night clubs when I was younger, TFC & Argos at the local Metro,Ikea, and gym lol