Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Dont be ridiculous. The player was offside well before the touch. Flag up. Typical MLS shitshow. Do you actually support this club or are you on here just to bait us?
    read the rules
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/foot...en_neutral.pdf

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent, who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save), is not considered to have gained an advantage.

Page 108, Law 11

Oduro deliberately headed the ball
    thats a bollocks interpretation of that rule. The rule means if you pass it to a guy in an offside position - like a back pass - not if you try to block it. Come on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yohan, all of Twitter disagrees with you, including some very knowledgeable people...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

read the rules
    Seriously, have you ever played, refereed, coached, and/or attended a game? There is not even an issue there, that is not what the rule means at all. Look up the offside rule and quote that. You will see why you are wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mercifully the end!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats a bollocks interpretation of that rule. The rule means if you pass it to a guy in an offside position - like a back pass - not if you try to block it. Come on.
    Oduro is making a deliberate attempt on the ball. it's like heading as a pass. just my interpretation
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is the end my friend.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

read the rules

Ur opinion depends on the interpretation of whether Oduro meant to head the ball.

99.99% of the time, that is called.

And when the flag goes up, players expect that call to be made.

Most will disagree with you. You might....might....be giving Salazar an out.

He doesn't deserve it.

You are entitled to your opinion on this.

But you are wrong

In my eyes.

In the eyes of others on here.

And the eyes of most people watching that game, including every single person on the TV and the pundits on twitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/foot...en_neutral.pdf

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent, who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save), is not considered to have gained an advantage.

Page 108, Law 11

Oduro deliberately headed the ball
    \isn't he offside \9and thats when the play stops) the moment the ball leaves the passers foot, so doesn't matter that Oduro touched it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oduro is making a deliberate attempt on the ball. it's like heading as a pass. just my interpretation
    It is possible to read the rule that way. It's just that no one, in the history of this sport, in millions of games, has. That's all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But. We deserved to lose. I like Vanney, as a person, but not a convincing start. Worse than every other interim coach we have ever had.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 10-25-2014 at 08:59 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is possible to read the rule that way. It's just that no one, in the history of this sport, in millions of games, has. That's all.
    did you think this goal was offside too? IMO pretty much identical play

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's fitting that the season ends with Caldwell getting away with an obvious hand ball.

It helped us early in the season. So much so we thought we were good. 30+ games later the truth is seen.

We are BY FAR the worst team in this league since we joined it. That's shameful.

Lets make super Caldwell captain again. Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Dude, stop "supporting" this club. It makes you look really bad when it causes you such apparent grief. I mean, all this bitching and shit talking, yet you're still here. ^

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit call changed everything.

BUT

Defence was shaky and probably should have given up at least one more including a stone cold penalty.

Both Morrow and Bloom had an awful game; can we blame the sidelines? Not up to their usual standards.

Bendik played well, with a couple of great saves. The Joe Bendik project continues.

Caldwell - either he stops his hands in the air thing or he goes. Oh, who am I kidding, he goes. Nice guy, but we should get in a couple of CD's who will be here for another 4-7 years.

Henry - athletic as usual but really nothing to write home about. Still not great passing the ball (mind you, nobody gave him much to pass at). Hope he learns to pass better whereever he goes. If he stays around, he HAS to step up better. He let guys go past him on that one play where they had a 2 on none - it was shocking and unprofessional.

Bradley does better in the 4-3-3. Need to stick to that or a 4-2-3-1. Some great passes, and some really bad ones. Kinda like the World Cup for him and Jones (who is a beast - he and Nguyen should take this team to the final).

Bekker - tries hard but is timid and can't pass. Not physical enough for this league, I think. And not good enough at finding space. #2 AM if we get a DM.

Warner - needs better midfielders to hide his shortcomings. A #2 DM for next season.

Oduro - useless when people play behind him. A defensive liability. Can't pass, can't shoot, can't cross. He's a one trick pony - speed that requires service. Let him go, please.

Lovitz - for a rookie, not bad. But NER nullified his speed by playing deep. That means he needs to find spaces - he doesn't do that yet. A project worth continuing but I'd like to see him pushed by somebody other then Jackson for that spot.

Gilberto - runs around everywhere but never quite gets there. Man would be great if/when we get a decent attacking playmaker type.

Vanney tried something. Tactically, we got it right. But, the ability to find spaces is so lacking on this team, the 4-3-3 deflated in the second half. Should have subbed Oduro on the 60. Then, the return to 4-4-2 didn't work.

Moore runs around and might settle in as a decent forward but he's not a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 type forward. Needs to adjust or be let go.

All in all, if we consider this a preseason game for next season, I'd say that was a start but we need a number of changes to force teams like NER to step up a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exactly proves our point. When the ball was kicked by Bernier, Hutchison was onside. When the ball was kicked by the American, he (Hutchison) was in an offside position but for the rule you quote.

that is different than today, where the NE player was offside when the ball was kicked originally. It then does not matter because the offside rule says you can not gain an advantage by being offside. It's as if in this replay Hutchison was standing in front of the goal keeper when the ball was kicked.

i am sorry, but you are wildly off base here. Routine call every where in the world, except MLS.

on the other hand, so was the hand ball against Caldwell.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    I think it's fitting that the season ends with Caldwell getting away with an obvious hand ball.

It helped us early in the season. So much so we thought we were good. 30+ games later the truth is seen.

We are BY FAR the worst team in this league since we joined it. That's shameful.

Lets make super Caldwell captain again. Lol
    I'm upset too, but this is wrong.

Last year's team will never be topped in the "worst TFC team ever" derby. I mean, last by 10 points, they retired that wooden spoon!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Just picture the argos logo in place of the Pats logo for a look into #tfc's future. They sure as fuck aren't adding 8,000 seats for soccer fans!
    Of course TFC won't be playing back to back games with the Argos. The Pats are at home tomorrow vs. the Bears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    ^ Dude, stop "supporting" this club. It makes you look really bad when it causes you such apparent grief. I mean, all this bitching and shit talking, yet you're still here. ^
    Here we go again with "support" shit talk.

Thanks for for sounding like people for the last 6 years.

The he club looks bad. Not those of us who follow them.

I have every reason to bitch and shit talk. They've given us many reasons for a long time. If you wanna push the frustration they put in to you, on to me...feel free.

But that won't stop me from calling out those at fault. And that's the club and all those who refuse to see our shortcomings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hutchinson was onside when the initial ball was played...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I'm upset too, but this is wrong.

Last year's team will never be topped in the "worst TFC team ever" derby. I mean, last by 10 points, they retired that wooden spoon!
    Lol sorry I should have been more clear. I didn't mean this seasons team is the worst ever. I just meant that since 2007 we are the worst, in general. By far.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol sorry I should have been more clear. I didn't mean this seasons team is the worst ever. I just meant that since 2007 we are the worst, in general. By far.
    Yes, we all know that.

What's that got to do with the price of cheese?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Oduro deflection doesn't matter. Even De Vos has said as much and you know he's bag on TFC if he could
    According to Greg Sutton, PM and he looked at each other after the HT whistle and PM made the offside signal to Sutts.

Of course it was offside.

If TFC had gained control off the ball and passed it back to a Revs player in an offside position, that would NOT be offside. It was a deflection. Yohan, a deflection is not the same as an intentional pass.

If it were, we'd have players going offside all the time with teammates trying to bounce the ball off defenders legs.
    Last edited by Blizzard; 10-25-2014 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Left out the word NOT! :(

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad its over. This has been, by far, the most disappointing season. Defoe was and is, grossly overrated. There are a dozen better strikers in MLS, and most want to play. Bradley is a glorified J DeGuzman. No offence at all. Gilberto is a good. All the remaining players are expendable, none are good enough to start on a playoff bound team. What a fucking joke.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    According to Greg Sutton, PM and he looked at each other after the HT whistle and PM made the offside signal to Sutts.

Of course it was offside.

If TFC had gained control off the ball and passed it back to a Revs player in an offside position, that would be offside. It was a deflection. Yohan, a deflection is not the same as an intentional pass.

If it were, we'd have players going offside all the time with teammates trying to bounce the ball off defenders legs.
    again, I argue that Oduro was making a deliberate attempt at the ball, thus not a deflection. Deflection to me is unintentional. Oduro was making a clear effort to head the ball.

Anyways, there is this presentation, for more food for thought (esp slide 25)
    http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afde...e_en_47383.pdf

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post

This could be a game plan when we see this ref on the opposing team sheet, oops I mean officials list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

again, I argue that Oduro was making a deliberate attempt at the ball, thus not a deflection. Deflection to me is unintentional. Oduro was making a clear effort to head the ball.

Anyways, there is this presentation, for more food for thought (esp slide 25)
    http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afde...e_en_47383.pdf
    Just to clarify, I left out NOT re a TFC backpass. The TFC possession would have, for all intents and purposes, re-set the play in that respect. A deflection is not possession.

I'm not sure how slide 25 helps your cause in this discussion.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Blizzard; 10-25-2014 at 11:03 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, that is beyond debate.

The interesting question is, are we the worst team in world football in that stretch? That'd be an interesting offseason thread. I used to think RC Strasbourg were worse, but now, I don't know. (They went from Ligue 1 to the 4th division in 4 years from 2008-2011, but have since been promoted, and are now a decent 3rd division team).
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Not today! He's been hustling today defensively.
    and crap offensively............tired of so so talent in the midfield , we carry the ball to long and lose it , then we kick it to no one (Bekker) and lose it....horrendous to watch ...tired of wearing blinkers just because they are my team ,....esp after watching a real game with Van.......they make us look sick........can't hate them their team is moving forward and by far the best in Canada.....
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'd like to see this 4-3-3 with a right winger who actually moves around rather then waiting for the ball, a decent DM type and a decent AM type.

Osorio might be the AM type. Oduro is not the winger. And Morrow is not the DM.
    I get this , question what is Bradley ?......or every team now criticizes him for playing too deep , I'm at a loss where he should play , or wants to play ????? I really don't know where he will be successful ?....is it the team around him , or him?....TFC seems so unorganized .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana