0 Thread(s)

Default Matchday 34: TFC at New Englnd Sat., 7:30pm

V New England

not that it matters league wise, but it would be nice to go out with a win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But just in case you're worried about missing out on all the other action in the world of sport, here are a few others that are playing at the same time:

O Higgins vs. Huachipatocl

Luverdense vs. Oestebr

Vila Nova FC vs. Sampaio Correa

IJF Judo World Junior Championships

International Snooker Championship

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll actually be at the Montreal Impact game for work. So I suppose my season has one game left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    V New England

not that it matters league wise, but it would be nice to go out with a win
    or hope houston wins, we lose, and improve our draft position

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And everyone should be a San Jose fan too. We have to get Chivas as low as possible for our 1st pick. Damn Limpact tie was the worst outcome possible as they will have 3rd overall pick now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Bale is out. But Ramos is fit.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    or hope houston wins, we lose, and improve our draft position
    This post sums up everything I hate about the draft system. It is now in out teams best interest not to win. That should never be the case.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to have prom/rel in this league. Not that it effects us now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And DeRo is suspended.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    This post sums up everything I hate about the draft system. It is now in out teams best interest not to win. That should never be the case.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last game of the season. Of course I'll be watching. Of course I'll be down at Joe's.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 7m7 minutes ago Vanney says hagglund won't play Saturday. #tfc

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 8m8 minutes ago
    Vanney says Bradley will be fit to play Saturday. #tfc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I see it, this is a game that will be a proving ground to those players on the fringe - who wants to stay around badly enough and will play their hearts out? Regardless, it won't be enough as NER will be fine-tuning their roster with an eye to the playoffs. I forsee a NER win or a 0-0 draw.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 8m8 minutes ago
    Vanney says Bradley will be fit to play Saturday. #tfc
    Jesus H Christ, everybody is out but Bradley? And Vanney wants to play him? On that astroturf? In a totally meaningless game?

What the hell does Bez think his job is?

Bradley's job in life is not to take stupid career risks in order to help Vanney keep his job.

Bradley had better tear a hangnail between now and Saturday.

No wonder Klinsmann is pissed.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-23-2014 at 05:26 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Jesus H Christ, everybody is out but Bradley? And Vanney wants to play him? On that astroturf? In a totally meaningless game?

Bradley's job in life is not to take stupid career risks in order to help Vanney keep his job.

Bez is grasping at any straw to present a positive light. At least with a win, he can say 'look, our pts total is better than previous best, so we are on right track'.

Dude knows he's on a very short leash. And he's playing the politician game to the max. In a lot of ways, he's worse than Mo Johnston
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Bez is grasping at any straw to present a positive light. At least with a win, he can say 'look, our pts total is better than previous best, so we are on right track'.
    No, he can't. Even if they win, their points-per-game stat is still worse than 2009 (1.3 ppg). Even if they win in NE they can't beat that number. It's a shame with all that talent that they still couldn't beat the high-water mark for the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    No, he can't. Even if they win, their points-per-game stat is still worse than 2009 (1.3 ppg). Even if they win in NE they can't beat that number. It's a shame with all that talent that they still couldn't beat the high-water mark for the club.
    The average person won't dig into that. Highest total points will go on the marketing material.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the States, this is being sold as Jones vs. Bradley.

He's going to play people.

This is life with a big US MNT DP. Get used to it.

He's not just ours.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

.........and who are backing him the academy.....whats left?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    .........and who are backing him the academy.....whats left?
    Nguyen is sitting, apparently. No point risking him with the playoffs coming up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    In the States, this is being sold as Jones vs. Bradley.

He's going to play people.

This is life with a big US MNT DP. Get used to it.

He's not just ours.
    Yup, Revs have sold over 30,000 tickets for it and may open the upper decks at Foxboro for it.

From an optics point of view, they cant give Bradley the game off. It would look too bad given the Defoe situation IMO.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're really into that points per game. It didn't help us in the standings that year and that's how I mark the club. The record is the record. If its the best total so be it. We just all take away from it with how much they had to spend to still not do enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Yup, Revs have sold over 30,000 tickets for it and may open the upper decks at Foxboro for it.

From an optics point of view, they cant give Bradley the game off. It would look too bad given the Defoe situation IMO.
    30k people are going to watch 2 bench warmer squads + bradley vs jones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    You're really into that points per game. It didn't help us in the standings that year and that's how I mark the club. The record is the record. If its the best total so be it. We just all take away from it with how much they had to spend to still not do enough.
    It didn't help us in the standings this year, either. I guess I do have an agenda - I don't want anything (such as saying this was their best season ever) to be able to gloss over the terrible job that TFC management has done this season. I want to see them called out at next week's press conferences and held accountable for their actions, if only for my own catharisis after dealing with this season.

I do wonder if TFC 2009 would have won more if there were an extra 4 games that season instead of 30.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It didn't help us in the standings this year, either. I guess I do have an agenda - I don't want anything (such as saying this was their best season ever) to be able to gloss over the terrible job that TFC management has done this season. I want to see them called out at next week's press conferences and held accountable for their actions, if only for my own catharisis after dealing with this season.

I do wonder if TFC 2009 would have won more if there were an extra 4 games that season instead of 30.
    I wouldn't worry about it, mate. Them getting the most points ever in their spotted history isn't going to unbreak the promise they made to us about playoffs.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

Dude knows he's on a very short leash. And he's playing the politician game to the max. In a lot of ways, he's worse than Mo Johnston
    Now saying that is just plain cruel. Plus I'd be hard-pressed to imagine anyone in North American footy more slimy than old Judas (or have you forgotten that old Celtic/Rangers thing?). Plus I doubt that some of the corrupt things whispered about Mo would apply to Bez. Political? You have to be to be a GM. Show me one that isn't (unless he's just a capologist and contracts guy like Lagerway at RSL).

Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-24-2014 at 09:28 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reason to go to this game? Maybe you'll get to hold the board and stand between the coaches!!!

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2014/10/...ed-arrest.html

Needed, 4th official for this game.
    Imagine that. A referee involved in a fraud scandal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That should be their problem. MLS has to decide whether it wants to be a real league or a David Beeckham tour style dog and pony show.

You buy a ticket to a meaningless last game of the regular season, you get what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Now saying that is just plain cruel. Plus I'd be hard-pressed to imagine anyone in North American footy more slimy than old Judas (or have you forgotten that old Celtic/Rangers thing?). Plus I doubt that some of the corrupt things whispered about Mo would apply to Bez. Political? You have to be to be a GM. Show me one that isn't (unless he's just a capologist and contracts guy like Lagerway at RSL).

How on earth are we reasoning Legerway to be "just a capologist", especially if the comparison is basically an inferior version of the same thing?
    Last edited by ag futbol; 10-24-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    That should be their problem. MLS has to decide whether it wants to be a real league or a David Beeckham tour style dog and pony show.

You buy a ticket to a meaningless last game of the regular season, you get what you get.

I wasn't saying that he has to play because the Revs sold 30,000 tickets but from a TFC optics pov.

Given Bradley hasn't trained all week due to Doctors appointments if he didn't play on Saturday you don't think that some of the fan base would be rushing to conclusions and there would be more speculation and controversy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't saying that he has to play because the Revs sold 30,000 tickets but from a TFC optics pov.

Given Bradley hasn't trained all week due to Doctors appointments if he didn't play on Saturday you don't think that some of the fan base would be rushing to conclusions and there would be more speculation and controversy?
    Not suggesting you're onside with it, just venting my fustration.

You'd be surprised how dumb the crowd can be when the single focus of marketing is a couple of stars without regard for the game / league itself. Fans outside toronto booed / were hugely upset when they showed up and David Beckham couldn't play due to injury. Nothing MLS could do, they marketed the game in advance and becks was injured after. The under intelligent masses did not care.