Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Of course he has. That's just the way TFC luck goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Well that is the "no fun" news of the day. Fallback strangeness move would be to use a Chivas USA dispersal draft to pick Nathan Sturgis or Eric Avila....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If MLS raises it's salary cap by one million next season I worry that since every MLS club will be scrambling to get talent with this new budget TFC will overspend on 2 or 3 mediocre players paying them ~$300,000 - $400,00 and give them multiple year contracts and really hurt TFC's cap situation for years to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Bez isn't that stupid, is he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to a starting squad next year is a true maze.
    1;The College draft is 1st on the agenda 4picks maybe we would get 1 starter.
    2;Chivas maybe 1 throw away player.
    3;Who is protected from the draft;
    --------------------------------Bendik-----------------------------------------
    Creavalle--------Haggland----------------?-------------------Morrow
    --?------------Osario----------------Bradley-----------------?
    -------------------------?-----------Gilberto------------
    4;According to the internet trolls;
    Bloom(Orlando)--Henry (Europe)---Defoe(England)---Gilberto(I hope not)
    These players are going or gone.
    5;Who else is worth keeping;(MAYBE)
    Warner--Lovitz--Roberts--Weideman--Dike--Aparacio--Jackson--Dero--.Manella--Hamilton
    6;Who is disposable;
    Konopka--Hall--Richter--Orr--Caldwell--Moore--Bekker--Odoro
    7;Until all of the cards are stacked,shuffled and dealt out in January will we know how we end up.
    8;Is Vaney the coach to take us to the promised land(a crystal ball would be great.)

Things to ponder for next season;1;2 expansion teams who will be no slouches
    2;Houston and Kansas go to the west.
    3;More money for players.
    4;Every team will be better than this year.
    5;THIS MEANS WE HAVE TO IMPROVE BY 4 FOLD TO GET INTO THE PLAY-OFFS
    6;50 POINTS WILL BE NEEDED(Just for 4/5 spot.)
    Take this and run with it folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the biggest thing to be done is whats happening with bezbatchenko and vanney. bez as a lawyer and capologist should not be GM, not after his firing stunt and on air comments. It showed his inexperience and frankly he's the man driving the whole ship. I believe our biggest move has got to be bringing in a coach with a history of winning, preferably with north american experience. This really is the million dollar question because I cant think of too many names, but it absolutely cant be vanney. As for players, I think gilberto gets another year. he's young powerfull and promising if nothing else. we would be stabbing our selves in the leg to get rid of him now. luke moore with 6 goals gets another chance, there were a few times this year where I wondered where the hell did this guy come from lol. hamilton is another one with alot of promise. I like jackson and oduro but thats just me, jackson is even more undisiplined that henry and morgan put togethor. I expect alot to come from bright dike or another devastating injury but keeping in mind his caps with the nigerian national team, he could be a very important piece for us next year. dero was not given enough playing time under nelson (500 min) he is our "gary roberts" or at least he is what they keep telling us caldwell is to the team. keep bradley as long as he wants to stay in canada and other than say...creavalle, osorio, hagglund, bendik, and manny. I couldnt care if I woke up and they had all been traded away. but please give us a real winning coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stability is the key to success in MLS. We have had neither (stability nor success). Players need to be developed by the club and allowed to succeed here. Just take a look at some of the guys we once had:
    Joao Plata (RSL): 13G
    Max Urutti (POR): 9G
    Luis Silva: (DCU): 11G

Hypothetically, these guys could all be playing together for TFC. Although realistically, Kevin Payne shipped out Plata and Silva in favour of Urutti and Laba, but still Urutti and Laba is better than most of what we have. Oh, and they're all U25.

No one could have predicted the Bloody Big Disaster of 2014, but the lead up to it (sacking Kevin Payne, shipping out Urruti and Laba, and eventually firing Ryan Nelsen) has set us back yet again.

The closest we ever got to the playoffs was 2009 - if you don't recall, a win vs NYRB, the worst team in the league that year, would have put us into the playoffs. 2009 was the 3rd year under Mo Johnston's leadership.

Since then:
    2010 - Preki was a mistake. Mo's mob gets handed their walking papers.
    2011-2012 - Aron Wimter's Total Football experiment turns into Total Mess with Mariner
    2013 - Kevin Payne (unsuccessfully) chases world-renowned talent. Signs Max Urutti instead. Says we need to build from within.
    2014 - Bloody Big Gong-Show

It's no coincidence.

That said, I think Vanney and Bezbatchenko need to go. lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I am concerned next season is over already. We are keeping Vanney and that will do it. I expect a ton of turnover and as usual a few players being dumped that shouldn't be. I know Vanney is inheriting Nelsen's roster and it's being used as a crutch to defend our poor play down the stretch but this squad, who may have given up on Nelsen, were still playoff bound and playing tougher on both ends of the pitch than they were under Vanney. Vanney may know X's and O's and maybe he is a great tactician weven though I have seen nothing to support that but he is no motivator. With the season on the line for the past month and a bit he couldn't even muster the dead cat bounce that most new managers get. Even Mariner got that. If we even had a brief one we'd be playoff bound now. Of course it's on the players for not being 'up' for these matches and not all on the manager but it's obvious we have a mentally weak squad and they needed the prodding. We clearly need a motivator and a tactician if we keep the core together. Vanney isn't both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bezbachenko should work with scouts, and signings. not allowed to touch anything but the cash register.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We may get 4 first round pics but will any of them be any good? The Chivas pick that everyone is saying is going to be 3rd could be as high as 7th if you do the math. 7th! WTF are we going to do with picks above 1 or 2 given MLSE's track record...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    We may get 4 first round pics but will any of them be any good? The Chivas pick that everyone is saying is going to be 3rd could be as high as 7th if you do the math. 7th! WTF are we going to do with picks above 1 or 2 given MLSE's track record...
    I don't think you can blame the board at MLSE for our draft record but I know what you mean.

So what are we going to do with these picks? Waste them. No question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the fourth pick?
    I know of Portland's, Chivas' and our own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle from the Frei trade.

And we did pretty well scooping up Hagglund and Lovitz this year, i'd be fairly optimistic about this years draft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    What's the fourth pick?
    I know of Portland's, Chivas' and our own.
    Seattle from the Frei trade (although it is described as conditional, as is our second round pick to KC).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anybody have a list of who's under contract for next year, preferably with how long their contract is until too?
    I talked with Hagglund for a bit, he wants to be back here next season.

and I also would like the keep Oduro, speedy player who draws free kicks and can create something from using his speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    Our first priority needs to be a CB.
    we need a replacement for Defoe.
    we need a partner for Bradley if Osorio isnt going to play with him (not Warner or Bekker)
    we need some wingers. Jackson and Oduro or Osorio on the wing hasn't gone too well this year.

Not impossible to fix, but no faith they can do it.

We will have some money if some players get sold/released (cough DeRo)
    There are so many options out there. I'd bet they'd get some decent ideas just by going to Gilberto and saying (in Portuguese) "Who do you know in S.A. who will give us a dominating performance at the AM, always get you the ball, and wants to play here?" Let the flood gates open. Once the word gets around to agents down there that we're looking, TFC will have significant options. MLS has basically done that via contacts in the past to get interest from the likes of Valeri and Morales, so there's no reason we can't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    MLS has basically done that via contacts in the past to get interest from the likes of Valeri and Morales, so there's no reason we can't.
    The main and only reason we can't is that we're us and that's enough to ensure something this logical will not happen here. Dunce caps 4 life.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    So are you suggesting we get rid of (or lose) both Henry and Hagglund? Agree that we need to improve at CB, but Hagglund way surpassed expectations, and despite a few bonehead moves Henry has at least played as well as I expected this season (including a few key tackles today). At the least one or both should be kept for depth.
    Agree Henry i don't is good enough for Europe to be making much more then he is here so why not stay in Toronto for his home team, could be a good MLS regular, Hagglund similar to Henry solid MLSer in the future but need toe stay with us and it'll be a bit... experienced CB's needed

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    I guess Jloome beat me to a thread about the rebuild, but here's my players to build on for next year based on the current lineup and players signed.

----------------------------------1.[X]----------------------------------
    --------------------------------2. Bendik--------------------------------
    ----------------------------------3.[X]----------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1.[X]----------------1.[X]------------1. Henry----------1.Morrow
    2.Bloom-----------2.Haggalund---------2.[X]--------------2.Morgan
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------1.Jackson-----------1.Bradley--------------------
    ------------------2.Creavalle-----------2.Warner---------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1.Moore----------------------1.Defoe------------------------1.[X]-
    2.Osorio-----------------------2.[X]-------------------------2.Bekker
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------1.Gilberto-----------------------------
    --------------------------------2.Oduro-------------------------------

Loaned Out:

1. Roberts
    2. Aparacio
    3. Manella
    4. Lovitz

Released:

1. Konopka
    2. Dike
    3. Wiedeman
    4. Hall
    5. Richter
    6. Orr
    7. Caldwell
    No... lol just so much wrong with this, i agree with what Prizby said about it, aside from Henry and Osorio i think they'll be here next year.

Gilberto - From what i gathered after the shitpact game when i talked to Gilbby and Gilb's translator he is very much staying on his end, I'm assuming with head office selling Defoe in january he's staying on there end as well, He seemed excited to stay and his translator seemed very sure he wasn't going any where.

Henry - Seemed a bit off but that dosnt mean he's not staying... i think he was a little down about Hag's taking his starter spot. It would be a big mistake to let him go cause Nick had a great rookie year, i could see Hagglund and Henry as the future .. not the present but henry could even be a good wingback. either way i think he's staying but needs some confidence and a fair crack at some games.

DeRosario - I think he did alright but just 100,000 alright if that, id like to see him stay at his currently games level, he didn't play terrible but not even squad rotation... a spare at best
    Caldwell - We need a upgrade to pair with him and help Henry and Hagglund grow... i'd like him to stay and see it next year but could also see someone else coming in more experienced and take his spot awayWhen it comes to our wings, Jackson is gone i think, Oduro maybe not... at least not till we get someone a lot better, Lovitz was a nice addition i see him getting a bit more time next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doucet3 View Post
    not the present but henry could even be a good wingback. either way i think he's staying but needs some confidence and a fair crack at some games.
    Henry is definitely not a wing back. Did you see his performance with Canada? Can' cross. Unsure what to do on the attack. He is a STUD centre defender. He is dominant 1 on 1 and can cover ground to work well with a good back four.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    Henry is definitely not a wing back. Did you see his performance with Canada? Can' cross. Unsure what to do on the attack. He is a STUD centre defender. He is dominant 1 on 1 and can cover ground to work well with a good back four.
    Nope. Henry looks like he should be a stud, but he is way too aggressive. Constantly overcommits. Doesn't let the play come to him.

I thought Nelsen would do wonders for Henry, but he hasn't improved much in two years.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Nope. Henry looks like he should be a stud, but he is way too aggressive. Constantly overcommits. Doesn't let the play come to him.

I thought Nelsen would do wonders for Henry, but he hasn't improved much in two years.
    Henry improved immensly this year in his ability to beat guys 1 on 1 for the ball and his ability to attack the ball in the air. He's still slightly behind in his positioning and over-commitment but that's something that takes a while for a lot of CB's to get.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    Well that is the "no fun" news of the day. Fallback strangeness move would be to use a Chivas USA dispersal draft to pick Nathan Sturgis or Eric Avila....
    Avila is going to Mexico (sorry, i wouldnt have minded him either)

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we keep this team similar but cut some dead wait like many are saying and are just a couple players away, and to put it bluntly and out there we need a MLS veteran CB, 2 Wingers, AM, Striker, and a C(D)M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post

May have been posted by someone else, goin thru the thread chronologically.

Pretty sure Avila is going to Mexico (Santos Laguna)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by levyashin View Post
    --------------------------------Bendik-----------------------------------------
    Creavalle--------Haggland----------------?-------------------Morrow
    --?------------Osario----------------Bradley-----------------?
    -------------------------?-----------Gilberto------------
    i wouldnt be surprised if 2 of the players above are gone this off season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Kevin View Post
    Does anybody have a list of who's under contract for next year, preferably with how long their contract is until too?
    I talked with Hagglund for a bit, he wants to be back here next season.

and I also would like the keep Oduro, speedy player who draws free kicks and can create something from using his speed.
    Caldwell is guaranteed; but you are allowed 1 buy-out a year; i think with 1 year left, the need for experience, the unlikelihood of tfc ever finding 2 starting caliber cbs on the open market in the winter, tfc will keep him unless he goes in the expansion draft

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    i wouldnt be surprised if 2 of the players above are gone this off season
    I bet Yohan has a list of MLS players we should target.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I don't think you can blame the board at MLSE for our draft record but I know what you mean.

So what are we going to do with these picks? Waste them. No question.
    Of course I didn't mean to put blame on them directly however, I was going for more of...any team owned by MLSE has issues drafting well given good pics, not always (DeRozan), but just seems more than normal. With MLSE owned teams having a propensity to suck, you'd think we'd own multiple titles with just our draft picks by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Of course I didn't mean to put blame on them directly however, I was going for more of...any team owned by MLSE has issues drafting well given good pics, not always (DeRozan), but just seems more than normal. With MLSE owned teams having a propensity to suck, you'd think we'd own multiple titles with just our draft picks by now.
    MLSE teams never suck enough to bottom out and get the best draft picks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    MLSE teams never suck enough to bottom out and get the best draft picks.
    As a Raptors fan of many season I have a problem with this statement