0 Thread(s)

I'd put Corey Ashe in there as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    I'd put Corey Ashe in there as well.
    He would cost us a lot and we already have Morrow who plays the same position and is probably pretty similar in skills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    He would cost us a lot and we already have Morrow who plays the same position and is probably pretty similar in skills.
    His salary was 160k this year. We could move Morrow to CB who was excellent in Chicago (then again, they have no big no. 9). It could fix a number of issues we have though especially if he plays alongside Caldwell because he's good on the ball and sound defensively. I'm not a fan of him when he goes forward.

It must be an option for Vanney as he builds for next year.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 10-22-2014 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This might just be wild speculation, but could Kyle Bekker be converted to a RB ?
    I suspect that the midfield spots are going to be further congested with signings/draft picks/trades in the offseason...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    This might just be wild speculation, but could Kyle Bekker be converted to a RB ?
    I suspect that the midfield spots are going to be further congested with signings/draft picks/trades in the offseason...
    Bekker's tackling doens't inspire confidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am actually hoping management is able to keep all 3 of our DPs. Both Defoe and Bradley have been in season for over a year since they were playing in Europe before coming to MLS. I think if they had an off-season they may be able to help this team more. Both of them have lingering health issues, Defoe with his groin and Bradley with his foot issues. Hopefully they can get better over the winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a big question mark to me. If Harry Redknapp isn't at QPR pushing for Defoe, is Tony Fernandes still willing to make the deal he was willing to make back in August. I doubt it. Defoe is going to find it hard to find a deal as sweet as that one. How much of a pay cut would Defoe accept to get out?

edit: I get Redknapp and Hodgson confused. Well, they are basically the same person in two different bodies.
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 10-23-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    It's a big question mark to me. If Roy Hodgson isn't at QPR pushing for Defoe, is Tony Fernandes still willing to make the deal he was willing to make back in August. I doubt it. Defoe is going to find it hard to find a deal as sweet as that one. How much of a pay cut would Defoe accept to get out?
    I think you mean Harry Redknapp, but I understand and agree with your argument . Defoe was away when he should have been here. He was silent when he should have been vocal. Still I think too many factors keep him here for the seasons ahead. Even if he were so keen to go back that he was willing to take a pay cut, would his agent go along with such a deal?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Defoe capable of being the top man in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1? He ain't got the mind to go farther back and start passing. (although he's a darn good passer of the ball for this league)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    It's a big question mark to me. If Roy Hodgson isn't at QPR pushing for Defoe, is Tony Fernandes still willing to make the deal he was willing to make back in August. I doubt it. Defoe is going to find it hard to find a deal as sweet as that one. How much of a pay cut would Defoe accept to get out?
    Defoe hasd waaay more suitors than just QPR.. Hull City and Leicester come to mind.

If he's fit we'll get at least $9m for him from one club or another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Bekker's tackling doens't inspire confidence.
    Bekker's got no Fucking aggression what so ever. Bench strength or trade him, imho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wu Lei is a solid player but has 0% chance of coming here. They've already rejected bids from European teams (Molde made an offer 2 years ago when Solskjaer was still coach, FC Copenhagen bid this pre-season and were rejected). Their owner values him as being able to play for top tier teams in Europe - which I don't think can happen personally - so he's probably not going to come here barring a massive transfer offer. Not going to happen because despite his clear ability and his record, he's an unproven player in an inferior league.

Usami's valued pretty highly by Gamba and is trying to break into the Japanese NT, though he's pretty down the pecking order. Given that he's had European experience, it's probably not likely that he'll end up in MLS any time soon.

I'd love to see either of them here for some Asian content but honestly it's probably safer and cheaper to go with the typical South American imports than from Asia, where players are grossly overvalued.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fushida View Post
    Wu Lei is a solid player but has 0% chance of coming here. They've already rejected bids from European teams (Molde made an offer 2 years ago when Solskjaer was still coach, FC Copenhagen bid this pre-season and were rejected). Their owner values him as being able to play for top tier teams in Europe - which I don't think can happen personally - so he's probably not going to come here barring a massive transfer offer. Not going to happen because despite his clear ability and his record, he's an unproven player in an inferior league.

Usami's valued pretty highly by Gamba and is trying to break into the Japanese NT, though he's pretty down the pecking order. Given that he's had European experience, it's probably not likely that he'll end up in MLS any time soon.

I'd love to see either of them here for some Asian content but honestly it's probably safer and cheaper to go with the typical South American imports than from Asia, where players are grossly overvalued.
    Yeah, I know, but I think both would make good DPs, at least at the cheaper level. Wu scores big goals and would be a great draw a the box office, as well; he's never going to be a regular starter at a major club; if they think that they're nuts. But at MLS level he'd be very effective. I figured they'd want a ton for him but I don't know how the contract system works there, and whether he'll be out of contract at some point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    His salary was 160k this year. We could move Morrow to CB who was excellent in Chicago (then again, they have no big no. 9). It could fix a number of issues we have though especially if he plays alongside Caldwell because he's good on the ball and sound defensively. I'm not a fan of him when he goes forward.

It must be an option for Vanney as he builds for next year.
    morrow was awful at CB against DC United...he is a much, much better left back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    morrow was awful at CB against DC United...he is a much, much better left back
    He is certainly better at LB and I wouldn't move him to CB permanently, but I thought he was amazing that game despite a 3 -0 loss. I actually think that was the game where I concluded Morrow was the best defender we have at the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    I think you mean Harry Redknapp, but I understand and agree with your argument . Defoe was away when he should have been here. He was silent when he should have been vocal. Still I think too many factors keep him here for the seasons ahead. Even if he were so keen to go back that he was willing to take a pay cut, would his agent go along with such a deal?
    yes, brain fart on Hodgson/Redknapp, my bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to add Ricardo Goulart to that list of CAMS

also what about poaching Marcelo Sarvas from LA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want three players gone: Defoe, Bekker, and Creavalle. I think we can build a solid team with most of our current players. End the locker room bullshit, find a competent replacement for Leiweke, and finally stick with a squad (and a coach) so we can build some chemistry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Seattle would be willing to part with Jalil Anibaba. Stuck behind Zach Scott and Chad Marshall at CB, and they have Djimi Traore as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    I want three players gone: Defoe, Bekker, and Creavalle. I think we can build a solid team with most of our current players. End the locker room bullshit, find a competent replacement for Leiweke, and finally stick with a squad (and a coach) so we can build some chemistry.
    Bekker gets waaaay too much shit on these forums he's a solid technical player imo

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Bekker gets waaaay too much shit on these forums he's a solid technical player imo
    Bekker is about useful as a third tit
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Bekker is about useful as a third tit
    Why? Because he doesn't have the work rate of a mule? Seriously we get too hung up over players that run around like headless chickens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He isn't tough enough for this league and doesn't have the skills or IQ to make up for that, his presence on the pitch is minimal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why? Because he doesn't have the work rate of a mule? Seriously we get too hung up over players that run around like headless chickens
    because he has no clue what to do when he has the ball and off the ball. he plays scared and lacks footy IQ. zero composure with the ball. anyone can make a pass if they have enough time
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today they were playing a tilted 4-3-3 that required him to read where the space was between the NE midfield and defence, and move into it to allow Bradley an outlet under pressure. He consistently had NO IDEA where he was supposed to be on the pitch. His workrate was good, his technique is good, but he can't read the play. Not "he can't read it quickly enough", but "he can't read" anything but straight up and down. His support play is atrocious. He's such a great passer -- so why does he end out passing five yards backwards almost every time? Because he's never showing for the ball quickly enough to give himself time to turn and make a play.

I think he could come good eventually but he shouldn't be starting yet, not even a little.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bekker did run around alot today, so that obviously was not the problem today.

As said in the game thread, Bekker thinks way too slow, and rarely knows where his teammates are before he receives he ball. He screwed up numerous promising plays today as a result.

Many other games, he just does not seem to give a shit. Perhaps he thinks he's better than he really is -- and thinks he doesn't need to try hard as a result.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Bekker did run around alot today, so that obviously was not the problem today.

As said in the game thread, Bekker thinks way too slow, and rarely knows where his teammates are before he receives he ball. He screwed up numerous promising plays today as a result.

Many other games, he just does not seem to give a shit. Perhaps he thinks he's better than he really is -- and thinks he doesn't need to try hard as a result.
    And since our manager for the future sees him as a starter and/or significant sub during our must win match segment, does that make our manager an idiot? Almost everyone on here knows Bekker is out of his depth but the guy who watches him hours and hours on the training pitch and on match video thinks he can help, so what does that say honestly?

It says next season ended already. So who do you all got for manager #10 come June?
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 10-25-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bekker should be with our USL team next year. Not hating on the guy, it seriously is where he should be. That's his level right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    And since our manager for the future sees him as a starter and/or significant sub during our must win match segment, does that make our manager an idiot? Almost everyone on here knows Bekker is out of his depth but the guy who watches him hours and hours on the training pitch and on match video thinks he can help, so what does that say honestly?

It says next season ended already. So who do you all got for manager #10 come June?
    Any idiot would know then that we only have 2 "natural" no. 10s, Bekker and Osorio. Natural in quotations as they're supposed to be more creative midfielders.

Bekker should be with our USL team next year. Not hating on the guy, it seriously is where he should be. That's his level right now.

I thought he would excel in a 4-3-3 system playing his natural position but he just not good enough. I'd be surprised if he has a contract next year. I do hope Vanney continues the 4-3-3 route. Get some goal scoring wingers, get a proper attacking and defensive mid.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    And since our manager for the future sees him as a starter and/or significant sub during our must win match segment, does that make our manager an idiot?....

I'm not sure Bekker is the preferred sub off the bench if Vanney gets what he wants from the off season. If we get an AM next season and Bekker still plays significant minutes as the added attacking strength, then I'll be yelling like you.

He's not good enough and plugs up the works.