Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    I'll be renewing, and I will until the day they bury me.

I supported the Toronto Metros Croatia, the Toronto Blizzard and now Toronto FC. I got on the waiting list before the first game, expecting to be able to get seasons tickets the 2nd year, and when I saw what was happening in the south stand at the very first game, I realized that I had completely underestimated the passion in the stands.

It took a few years of "ransom" packs before getting into a Supporters Section (127) and moved into 112 a couple of years ago.

Frankly, I love being in 112. The passion, the camaraderie, and (mostly) there's something good that happened on the field to talk about after the game at the pub. I go to all the games that I can: Voyageurs Cup, CCL, Canada games, even the occasional friendly. I go with my best friend, his girl friend and my son...even my wife joins us on occasion.

At times, it can be very frustrating supporting TFC, but I'm still happy that there is a team to support.

And until such a time as either I'm not here or the team is not here, I will continue to be a supporter.
    great post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    You also have to wonder about a coach unable to get any new manager bounce at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    This is my view, as well.. but, if I'm being fair, for six of those ten games, Vanney has almost no preparation time to work with. Going from a weekend match, to midweek and back to a weekend match is always difficult, when it comes to a coach trying to impress upon a struggling side his way of playing -- more so, when there's been as much turmoil at the club as there was when he'd been handed the reigns. You expect to see busy stretches like this at a big club, but, as a coach, you will normally have had time to ready yourself and the players for it (something Bez might not have accounted for, which builds a case for leaving Nelsen in charge, until the playoffs are mathematically no longer possible).

I mean, right out of the gates, Vanney was given two or three days to prepare for Philly. Now, remember: the first and last session after and before a game, respectively, will always be light and limited; maybe leaves Vanney with one decent day of training, to make any difference. As a new coach, you sometimes get a bump in positive results, as the players look to make their first impressions -- in some ways, I think the players also expect this, and look forward to it, with the change seen as refreshing (having previously been in a rut).. but, that becomes FAR less likely during a congested stretch, as the players simply have little left in the tank, to raise their game with. Now, when the bump in results that was maybe hoped for doesn't come, it has a chain-reaction on the belief of the players in the new manager, making it that bit more of a mountain for Vanney to climb. All of this puts things in perspective, a bit, for me.

Having said that, I'm sure I'd be well pleased if, as you say, we hit a home run on the next guy to come in (ticks all the right boxes).. but, if I'm honest, I won't be committing suicide, should they stick with Vanney, and give him a proper go at it, for reasons I've stated, above.
    This.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I was a day one SSH who spent a lot of money by most people's standards here (I had 4 dark greys, then 4 reds). Gave them all up at end of 2012.

Now go to 3-4 games a year, otherwise watch on TV. When I go, a friend here invites me, or I wait until 2-3 days before, to be sure the dates work, and that the forecast is good. I'll sit anywhere, can find seats for $20-25 here or on stubhub. If I need to pay big scalpers prices for a big game, I will, hasn't happened yet.

Been happier about my involvement with TFC ever since I started doing this. With the stadium expansion, I see this strategy being that much easier to do.

Of course, there are others like me, a lot I think, and this will drive a reaction. Given these pathetic TFC TV ratings, and the field expansion, I wonder if we will start seeing a lot of TFC home games on PPV. Like maybe all of them.
    Totally agree with this approach. This has been the last year I get tickets.

There have been just way too many hours spent at BMO, watching them bumble around down there on the pitch, thinking to myself "why on earth did I just not watch this on TV?"

We've got an OK group to get to games at the pub, and the time investment (1 hour to get there and 1 hour to get back and then 2 hours of watching) is too great, especially with kids in the picture now.

I will wait for the big games I want to see in person during the perfect-weather days/evenings of June, July and August and then go to those. The rest will be my cable package going to work for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that if you're sitting in yellow's and light grey sections, the prices are somewhat reasonable, so I will likely renew again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still think I will renew but if they raise the prices then they have a lot of balls. This is going to take a PR super storm to pull that spin off without revolt. I probably still will anyway but I find myself getting too trapped in the negative mindset, especially at BMO, where disappointment has been running high for a few years. At least back in the true crap days we had a reasonable shot at home points. Now not so much. I find I am always looking for the negative and never get too up about anything we do on the pitch as I expect it to always blow up in our faces. Unfortunately for us, more often than not, this usually happens and I think my spirit has almost been broken enough to never be able to enjoy a match at BMO without expecting dread and failure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm renewing... I love this club & love going to matches at BMO...

Hell, I refer to it as "my favourite place on earth"...

I'd just love to see a winner one day...

Sadly, its becoming like the Leafs - where I truly believe I will be dead before they win a Stanley Cup...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see no good reason to get season tickets. I go to almost every game when I'm in the city and can always find tickets here for $15-20. Sometimes even for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think the TFC FO takes any notice of threads like these?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    I see no good reason to get season tickets. I go to almost every game when I'm in the city and can always find tickets here for $15-20. Sometimes even for free.
    I see plenty of good reasons... In fact, I think my reasons are good, and simple...

I love going - I go to every game - I love sitting with the people around me (aka same seats each game) - I love the SSH benefits, swag, events, - and my seats work out to $13.40 per ticket (cheaper than $15-20)...

Those are my good reasons...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carts View Post
    I'm renewing... I love this club & love going to matches at BMO...

Hell, I refer to it as "my favourite place on earth"...

I'd just love to see a winner one day...

Sadly, its becoming like the Leafs - where I truly believe I will be dead before they win a Stanley Cup...
    Love BMO, even when the team sucks it's live football.
    As for the Leafs, my favorite saying is "I was pretty much in diapers the last time they won the cup...I'll probably be back in diapers the next time they win it"

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Still think I will renew but if they raise the prices then they have a lot of balls. This is going to take a PR super storm to pull that spin off without revolt. I probably still will anyway but I find myself getting too trapped in the negative mindset, especially at BMO, where disappointment has been running high for a few years. At least back in the true crap days we had a reasonable shot at home points. Now not so much. I find I am always looking for the negative and never get too up about anything we do on the pitch as I expect it to always blow up in our faces. Unfortunately for us, more often than not, this usually happens and I think my spirit has almost been broken enough to never be able to enjoy a match at BMO without expecting dread and failure.
    Its like your read my mind, LOL
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    i'm likely going to watch next year in HD. All the games are free.
    I've seen every game this season including CCL. Of course I live outside of Ontario so I don't have any choice.

But if I did live in Ontario, I'd take a wait and see approach... mainly to see if the ticket prices go up and by how much.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Do you think the TFC FO takes any notice of threads like these?

No. Do you post here to "send a message" to the FO? I don't. I would suggest a more direct approach to get their attention, starting with phoning your ticket rep.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here's a loaded question.

If TFC were winning, would ticket price factor into your decision as much?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Here's a loaded question.

If TFC were winning, would ticket price factor into your decision as much?
    For me yes. But somehow its twisted into most minds that winning makes it okay to raise the prices. TFC would be getting a boost in additional ticket sales for post season matches. Winning does equal more money in its most basic form. Accepting a ticket raise in seasons because they get into playoffs is a real problem IMO.

Its like when they put performance bonus clauses in players contract. They sit there all smug saying 'if you socre the goals you get the cash' yet on this side of the fence they just milk us for all we are worth.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see a price freeze. There is no point to them raising prices at all, it would only create a backlash with a fanbase that has supported you through 8 years of this.

There adding 8k for seats in stage one of the expansion. Sell them.

Show us how you are moving the team forward and that it is a long term thing and not a flash in the pan with the Defoe's of the world.

I'll still be back. Period.

I love this team, I love this group, I believe in what we stand for and most of all I very much believe in this:

We are the voice in the stands
    filled with passion, pride and purpose
    for every minute of every game.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, there better be another price freeze, for sure.
    Keep the cost low and try to sell the new seats being added.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    For me yes. But somehow its twisted into most minds that winning makes it okay to raise the prices. TFC would be getting a boost in additional ticket sales for post season matches. Winning does equal more money in its most basic form. Accepting a ticket raise in seasons because they get into playoffs is a real problem IMO.

Its like when they put performance bonus clauses in players contract. They sit there all smug saying 'if you socre the goals you get the cash' yet on this side of the fence they just milk us for all we are worth.
    For me price is part of the equation. While I do not think that winning, should automatically result in raised prices. Certainly losing and raising prices is very difficult to justify, while winning and raising prices, may be justifiable, both because they can claims that you should pay more for a better product, and because the winning may have resulted from more investment. But yes, I do not think that winning alone will always justify price hikes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro

Vanney says he's had talks with Bez and that he expects to be coach at start of 2015 season. #TFC

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 2h2 hours ago According to stats handed to me by #TFC just now, the Reds have lost 96 man games due to injury. Dike 20 of those 96.

Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-14-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it will be very interesting to see how long it takes them to start pushing SSH sales. I know it's started slowly, but I think what's happened in the past month likely altered everything in terms of marketing and pricing for next year. To me I think it will be interesting to see how Leiweke factors into this decision. He is still President, and I don't think they will have found a replacement for him before this decision is finalized and before they announce pricing, marketing, etc... Thus it will be interesting if the Board tries to raise prices only to have him vocally back us, or whether we will see anything from him in his final months - i.e. commenting on his promise to make the playoffs. My guess is Bez will be the poster boy moving forward and will be up to him and the PR department to figure out how they are going to spin this one.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 2h2 hours ago According to stats handed to me by #TFC just now, the Reds have lost 96 man games due to injury. Dike 20 of those 96.

I'd like to see the same stat for 2012, and you can replace Dike with Koevermans if you like. Since we're using injuries as an excuse.
    Last edited by TOBOR !; 10-14-2014 at 01:26 PM.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking the same thing Tobor.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BTW, Aron's currently in charge of the Dutch U19's and doing alright, it seems : http://www.uefa.com/under19/news/newsid=2161639.html
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see ML$E doing 3 things to increase revenue:

1: Increase ticket prices for the "Newer" people but not for those that got grandfathered pricing last year and keep that concept with 2 level pricing. This one keeps long term people buying to prevent the increase if they want to get back in later and they can let the spread grow a bit.
    2: Sell tickets in the new seats. This one goes without saying but will definitely increase revenue a lot.
    3: Bring up food/beverages to Leafs/Raptors standards. After all, a Rickards is a "premium" brand at the ACC and warrants the $16.50 price.....yeeaaaa...

After they sell Defoe back they should be ok with the increased revenue from above.

As for the OP, I'll probably renew my tickets but I'm going to do the wait and see thing first. Since it looks like my daughter isn't really interested in being in the supporter section I may look at moving out to the new upper east side, again, have to wait and see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    I can see ML$E doing 3 things to increase revenue:

1: Increase ticket prices for the "Newer" people but not for those that got grandfathered pricing last year and keep that concept with 2 level pricing. This one keeps long term people buying to prevent the increase if they want to get back in later and they can let the spread grow a bit.
    2: Sell tickets in the new seats. This one goes without saying but will definitely increase revenue a lot.
    3: Bring up food/beverages to Leafs/Raptors standards. After all, a Rickards is a "premium" brand at the ACC and warrants the $16.50 price.....yeeaaaa...

After they sell Defoe back they should be ok with the increased revenue from above.

As for the OP, I'll probably renew my tickets but I'm going to do the wait and see thing first. Since it looks like my daughter isn't really interested in being in the supporter section I may look at moving out to the new upper east side, again, have to wait and see.
    Definitely could see at least two of those things happening.
    All I can say is "don't be surprised by anything MLSE does"
    #1 - they are already getting people on the "season wait list" to drop either $50 or $250 NON REFUNDABLE deposits
    #2 - these said deposits aren't even for a specific seat
    #3 - these deposits aren't even for a specific SECTION
    #4 - The Toronto Maple Leafs....I'll leave that point as it is....could list about 20 things here

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have concern over where the team is going, but more than anything I want a commitment to investing in a squad and building a team vs. blowing everything up again then trying to put it together as the season flows. We just got schooled on how things can backfire when you try and buy a team.

There are some good pieces that have either been drafted, brought up or brought in. I want to see more about tactics, style and future growth.

I will remain a seasons ticket holder and supporter of the team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    Now, THAT'S support.

Also: dope avatar! ^^
    We pay nothing in the supporters section for season tickets. I think we pay $190 but after I take away the discount for the free jersey (1 person in our group of 3 pays $80 for it, $40 savings each) and I sell the raptors tickets (got $90 this year, $30 savings each), I only paid $120 for my seats. I missed plenty of games this season due to work and I was always able to sell my tickets for $15-20 so in the end I was paying essentially nothing for this season. I love this team and more importantly I love standing in misery with all of you guys. There is something unique about football and the role community has within it. Will I ever get tired of poor Big Newf's anguish? Absolutely not.

I don't judge other people for not renewing, its your money and your time, do with it as you please. Going to these games for me means an afternoon out with two of my best friends and a bunch of supporters I've known for years now. I also live in Liberty Village so my commute is a 8 minute walk.

And Julique, I love this avatar. Whom ever created did such an incredible job and its an example of where I'd like to see TFC's branding go. We're the only team in the world that wears Red/Onyx. That is something special to me and we should drop the light grey/white forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    We pay nothing in the supporters section for season tickets. I think we pay $190 but after I take away the discount for the free jersey (1 person in our group of 3 pays $80 for it, $40 savings each) and I sell the raptors tickets (got $90 this year, $30 savings each), I only paid $120 for my seats. I missed plenty of games this season due to work and I was always able to sell my tickets for $15-20 so in the end I was paying essentially nothing for this season. I love this team and more importantly I love standing in misery with all of you guys. There is something unique about football and the role community has within it. Will I ever get tired of poor Big Newf's anguish? Absolutely not.

I don't judge other people for not renewing, its your money and your time, do with it as you please. Going to these games for me means an afternoon out with two of my best friends and a bunch of supporters I've known for years now. I also live in Liberty Village so my commute is a 8 minute walk.

That sums it up perfectly for existing seat holders. How can you go wrong at that price?!

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will continue to support this team through thick and thin!
    This year was truly dissapointing for sure, I really thought we might make it in to the playoffs this year, but once again it did/will not happen!
    My tickets at the top of 110 work out to about $12 per game...so I see no reason not to keep them, I enjoy summer afternoons/evenings at BMO with friends and all of the SSH benefits etc. and beleive it or not I still enjoy watching this team. There have been a couple of games this year Houston (4-2 game) and Portland that saw BMO rock just like the early days!!
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I promised myself when I put my $50 down all those years ago (before a ball was kicked in anger... or fun) that I would give it 10 years as a season seat holder, then reassess. But I'm in 115 so tickets aren't a drain on my finances. I don't care about wins or losses, but I care about seeing a plan for growth. Thus they have two seasons to show me that they have a sustainable plan moving forward that will lead to player and club development.

So yes I'll be renewing (at least for two more seasons), irrespective of results on the pitch.

But ssh or not, I'll always be a supporter of this club.