Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    Is anyone else bothered by the insulting amount of advertising they do? I want to support the club as much as I can but I feel like I'm berated with sponsors and needless silly games at every available moment.
    Do i like it? No i don't but as long as they use those means as a way to make money and keep my ticket price down i can deal with it. Once the ticket prices rise and we are berated with advertising it will bother me much more.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they`ll raise the prices in the cheaper seats at least 10% , ( or more ), they have to even things out as already mentioned in another thread and they will lower they higher priced seats accordingly . Not my idea but they do have to lessen the gap btwn high and low end prices . And our yellows and light greys are cheap comparatively speaking for all the games we get . I for one do not expect something for nothing . especially if I criticize their organization as I do .I feel one should at least go to a few games , if one is to really care for a team .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I am heavily debating on not renewing for next season. Will have to think about it, but I only made it to like 5 games this season anyways due to work, so with expansion, I'm pretty sure I can pick up a ticket whenever I want to go. I'll laugh if TFC FO raises price. With current level of apathy, TFC might have to lower season ticket price even lower than Season 1 prices.

Tim B and Vanney has to go. I think they have potential to be good MLS GM and coach, but I don't have the patience to watch another bunch of rookies go through on the job training. Both of them are responsible for the disaster that was this season and I have no confidence in them.

TFC will need to show me that they are serious. No more FO dramas. No more rookie coaches. I'll be willing to be patient in 2015, as long TFC shows progress and be competitive. I don't expect miracles, but I am sick of dramas and incompetence. And FFS, build a proper roster, and not expect to buy their way into playoffs.
    I agree with this post , also.....I must mention I desperately seek professionalism within MLSE . Like Rob Ford if they drop prices we`ll get what we pay for ....ya ya time for the inserted funny, but we still need to pay for a major coach . I really hope this thread doesn't turn into I`ll never buy another ticket again , name calling extravaganza . If I stop buying tickets I have no need to write that info down in a post to prove to everyone how better I am in my concept of what is good soccer , and how that makes a superior soccer fan . This is Toronto and it is all we have , for better or worse .

This is of course only directed at a few posters , articulating one`s reasons for the team`s downturn is far better reading than F*** them I`ll never return with the ensuing bitterness ......
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    Is anyone else bothered by the insulting amount of advertising they do? I want to support the club as much as I can but I feel like I'm berated with sponsors and needless silly games at every available moment.

Section 221 Row 11 never got its free piece of pizza on Wednesday.

The horror....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the last 5 years I have left BMO more often than not being disappointed. Transportation hassle, high ticket/Go Train/Beer cost, dull play, iffy weather (though surprisingly good this year) and of course the terrible results. Why continue to sink precious weekend time and money in when can just do for every game like I did with Saturday's NY Redbull game. PVR to watch at convenient time and fast forward through the boring and down 3-0 bits. There you go TFC game in 45 mins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm definitely renewing but am dropping my pair in 133 to the cheapest single I can get anywhere in the stadium. Miss too many games, hate the fact majority of games are during daylight, go train or gas and parking too expensive...the list goes on. Being stuck with unsellable tickets is biggest factor, a single will do me just fine.
    Last edited by habstfc; 10-13-2014 at 12:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A thread like this is going to be biased towards the disgruntled.

I am married to this team. After eight turbulent years, I still feel that having a pro football club to call my own is a dream come true. I also feel that having a stadium on the CNE grounds, the place where my father took me to CFL games starting back in the 60's, is a central part of my life.

I live in Acton, Halton Hills. Getting to the games is not easy, but game day is not built around convenience. It is built around pilgrimage. The glory of football is that you can't replace being there. It may be easier on you to pvr or wait for the highlights or get a single ticket now and then.....but easy on you is important when you order pizza, not when you love a football team. I have a wonderful friend who supports Man City and talks about being there game after game, year after year during the Man City wilderness years. He inspires me.
    I will be back for 2015. Those who read my blog know that I struggle with the quality of the team and have an idea or two on how to improve. Yet, I could not imagine being anywhere else come game time....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a day one SSH who spent a lot of money by most people's standards here (I had 4 dark greys, then 4 reds). Gave them all up at end of 2012.

Now go to 3-4 games a year, otherwise watch on TV. When I go, a friend here invites me, or I wait until 2-3 days before, to be sure the dates work, and that the forecast is good. I'll sit anywhere, can find seats for $20-25 here or on stubhub. If I need to pay big scalpers prices for a big game, I will, hasn't happened yet.

Been happier about my involvement with TFC ever since I started doing this. With the stadium expansion, I see this strategy being that much easier to do.

Of course, there are others like me, a lot I think, and this will drive a reaction. Given these pathetic TFC TV ratings, and the field expansion, I wonder if we will start seeing a lot of TFC home games on PPV. Like maybe all of them.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-13-2014 at 08:12 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny many are mentioning the cost of transportation. We come from Woodstock, and, like the post above it is all about the journey. As far as Go train cost...we drive to Oakville, and, five of us (three under 18) can ride, return, for. $31. No complaints about that...the parking + extra gas would be almost the same.
    The live experience is so much better than watching on tv.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You live for the games like the Portland one this season and the Columbus one last season. (I think if we asked this question after the Portland game, there would be a different response).

And I like watching decent enough played live games. Its fun to watch Bradley think, new guys come in, Osorio beat his chest, Hagglund jump so high and Morrow control his side. Then, there is something about sitting among a crowd outdoors jumping to its feet with a potential score that is fun to be in.

That's why I'll renew.

I've decided to make a conscious decision to live for the good play, not get angry at the bad, and enjoy a good game of footie at the highest level I can see locally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it funny the Customer Service angle vs the state of the team angle that is at play.

It's well within their capability to get the former right regardless of what can be done on field.

It;s a unique experience as far as Toronto sports goes and they would be wise to remember that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be a great statement if every fan walked out at half time of the final game to make message to the FO that this isnt acceptable football

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team can still make the playoffs. I'd rather fill the stadium before kick off, crush limp act, and show the boys on the field that we are with them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    The team can still make the playoffs. I'd rather fill the stadium before kick off, crush limp act, and show the boys on the field that we are with them
    If we are three points out of the playoffs i definitely do understand the support for the team but if not i still believe there should be a protest by leaving at half time, as the game would mean absolutely nothing. We had a chance to win a championship but our best squad wasnt dressed, and because people were saying that we were going for post season; looks like were going to miss out on both

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Protests are a waste of energy, and are a collective response where none is required.

Just get seasons tickets, or don't. It's a free country.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are a supporters group, not a protest group. There will be no protest.
    We are disappointed how things are going.
    But what would a protest show?
    they know that we aren't happy.

Vote with your dollars.
    Call the club.

If you're looking for a "protest" you've come to the wrong place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see too many question marks and not much hope for the future at this point, so I'm leaning against buying season's tickets again (I've had 'em since the first season, although I skipped last year before buying in again). I may go to some games next year.

I see no point to protesting. The team is what it is and the results speak for themselves. Protesting only hurts the players, who are doing their best (with a possible exception). Buying tickets or not gets the message across just fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    A thread like this is going to be biased towards the disgruntled.

I am married to this team. After eight turbulent years, I still feel that having a pro football club to call my own is a dream come true. I also feel that having a stadium on the CNE grounds, the place where my father took me to CFL games starting back in the 60's, is a central part of my life.

I live in Acton, Halton Hills. Getting to the games is not easy, but game day is not built around convenience. It is built around pilgrimage. The glory of football is that you can't replace being there. It may be easier on you to pvr or wait for the highlights or get a single ticket now and then.....but easy on you is important when you order pizza, not when you love a football team. I have a wonderful friend who supports Man City and talks about being there game after game, year after year during the Man City wilderness years. He inspires me.
    I will be back for 2015. Those who read my blog know that I struggle with the quality of the team and have an idea or two on how to improve. Yet, I could not imagine being anywhere else come game time....
    +1
    its all about this...but maybe we should all stay home so the TV ratings will improve..

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I find the "pilgrimage" angle to be one of ideals and it's great if that fits your lifestyle.

Practically speaking, based on my circumstances, I won't opt in for season tickets at the current price point for the same reasons that I opted out. I have other pilgrimages to make on weekends and they involve my kids so that beats TFC. I paid for tickets I couldn't use and couldn't sell. Therefore, spent much more than I needed to.

What would get me to renew? Creating value for having season tickets. Here's how:

* A leveling of the prices across the stadium. Yellows $200 to Reds (Centre Line) $500 for season ticket holders.
    * A program that allows me to exchange tickets for games that I can't go to for extra tickets for games that I can. LA has this
    * 3 Bonus games including playoff tickets included in my package at no additional charge. Again, LA has this.

And though it doesn't benefit me as a non-season ticket holder currently, jack the prices up for single games tickets to double what season ticket holders pay.

Why would this make sense?

There are two markets. The supporter/fan and the casual/fan that wants to be at "events"

The supporter/fan market is clearly telling them that people don't see the value in TFC season tickets at the price points they are offering. People are willing to sit in sections with poorer sight lines (and bugs) to save money. Relocation will be another exercise with most people looking to save money and vacate the middle sections.

At the same time, new season ticket holders will have to purchase at these expensive price points. Is there really a stomach for that now? Will they bring in another Defoe? C'mon. It didn't work. Those people bought but aren't actually going to games. If renewals were 90%, I'd be floored. And even at 90%, that's 1,700 seats that will be empty.

So level the prices and more people will stay. More will stay in the middle. And maybe some opt in for the first time. It will look full. People will perceive value.

The casual fan isn't interested in going to every game as evidenced by the in seat attendance over the last few months. Despite Defoe. Despite actually being in a playoff spot at the time. But they will go to certain games (Season opener, when Henry comes to town, Friendlies, etc). So, jack their single game tickets prices up. That creates an interesting resale market for season ticket holders that can offer tickets at face value and it would still be more economical than buying from the box office. For high demand games, TFC makes money by way of increased revenue per seat.

And if a casual fan does this more than 5 times a year, season tickets start to look pretty interesting.

MLSE only keeps half of ticket revenue anyways. Get people in stadium Make it full. Sell your concessions. And create some value for the season ticket holder.
    Last edited by Pookie; 10-13-2014 at 10:49 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the surface it's a simple question, renewing yes or no.
    But there are several factors which influence the decision for people.

I'm renewing for sure, simply because I enjoy having something to look forward to on Saturdays.
    Paying renewal rates in light grey, and once you throw in the free jersey (with BMO Mastercard), I still think you are getting a great deal for the money.

But it says a lot when you are totally evaluating a value of the purchase without factoring in the product on the field.

At this point, I don't think even the scalpers will buy up that new level of east side seats without some major off-season signings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought I would look and see what availability is a meaningful regular season game for a good team. The LA-Seattle game on Sunday is a good proxy for what would happen if you didn't have SSH tickets and the team were good someday.

Higher price seats are available across the board (starting at $72 plus service charge). None of the cheaper seats are available. Same for StubHub.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-13-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to pick up season tickets after three seasons without. Why??? While I think that ultimately the season was another disaster, the present FO tried, and I will give them another season. For me Tim does not have to go, I believe he is committed to winning, despite the Vanney failure.

What I need to see is the hiring of an experienced coach, who will get the most out of his troops no matter what he is given. Tim B, can help the new coach built for the future.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    It would be a great statement if every fan walked out at half time of the final game to make message to the FO that this isnt acceptable football
    Let me know when you can get every fan to do any one thing together. I believe this is the first protest drop of the season. I mean not counting fb which is every week. Protest count at one...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it right to be content with a team that seems stationary or even in the process for moving backwards; every team has made the playoffs except for us; would it be possible to understand why; the same pattern continues and that shows that the management team doesn't understand what it takes to run a football club; its more than fans in the seats and $$$ in the pockets

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I am going to pick up season tickets after three seasons without. Why??? While I think that ultimately the season was another disaster, the present FO tried, and I will give them another season. For me Tim does not have to go, I believe he is committed to winning, despite the Vanney failure.

What I need to see is the hiring of an experienced coach, who will get the most out of his troops no matter what he is given. Tim B, can help the new coach built for the future.
    I can see this line of thinking. The team improved this year.

I feel certain that Vanney and Bez are a pair though. Vanney will stay if Bez stays. There is no one to say otherwise until/unless new President appointed, at which point all bets are off.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-13-2014 at 11:16 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I find the "pilgrimage" angle to be one of ideals and it's great if that fits your lifestyle.

Practically speaking, based on my circumstances, I won't opt in for season tickets at the current price point for the same reasons that I opted out. I have other pilgrimages to make on weekends and they involve my kids so that beats TFC. I paid for tickets I couldn't use and couldn't sell. Therefore, spent much more than I needed to.

What would get me to renew? Creating value for having season tickets. Here's how:

* A leveling of the prices across the stadium. Yellows $200 to Reds (Centre Line) $500 for season ticket holders.
    * A program that allows me to exchange tickets for games that I can't go to for extra tickets for games that I can. LA has this
    * 3 Bonus games including playoff tickets included in my package at no additional charge. Again, LA has this.

And though it doesn't benefit me as a non-season ticket holder currently, jack the prices up for single games tickets to double what season ticket holders pay.

There are two markets. The supporter/fan and the casual/fan that wants to be at "events"

The supporter/fan market is clearly telling them that people don't see the value in TFC season tickets at the price points they are offering. People are willing to sit in sections with poorer sight lines (and bugs) to save money. Relocation will be another exercise with most people looking to save money and vacate the middle sections.

At the same time, new season ticket holders will have to purchase at these expensive price points. Is there really a stomach for that now? Will they bring in another Defoe? C'mon. It didn't work. Those people bought but aren't actually going to games. If renewals were 90%, I'd be floored. And even at 90%, that's 1,700 seats that will be empty.

So level the prices and more people will stay. More will stay in the middle. And maybe some opt in for the first time. It will look full. People will perceive value.

The casual fan isn't interested in going to every game as evidenced by the in seat attendance over the last few months. Despite Defoe. Despite actually being in a playoff spot at the time. But they will go to certain games (Season opener, when Henry comes to town, Friendlies, etc). So, jack their single game tickets prices up. That creates an interesting resale market for season ticket holders that can offer tickets at face value and it would still be more economical than buying from the box office. For high demand games, TFC makes money by way of increased revenue per seat.

And if a casual fan does this more than 5 times a year, season tickets start to look pretty interesting.

MLSE only keeps half of ticket revenue anyways. Get people in stadium Make it full. Sell your concessions. And create some value for the season ticket holder.

Love this post. Research accomplished and personal points for renewal made. I hope they get closer to that to suit your needs.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with this is that you will get thousands of scalpers/others making/creating a market. TFC will never sell a seat for 2x SSH cost because all sales will be in aftermarket for less.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given that most here are in yellow ... why do you advocate increasing our ticket prices? We paid only $190 last season - which for the 19 games averages $10 a game.

jack the prices up for single games tickets to double what season ticket holders pay.
    Don't you mean reduce prices for single games to double what season ticket holders pay? If it was double, our tickets would be $20 on average - including all fees. The single price for the next is $42. I don't think I've seen any tickets on sale from TFC at $20 this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be renewing.

Had a funny experience after the Houston game. The guy beside me and I were talking about how much this team sucks, all the stupid nonsensical decisions (like firing a coach with 10 games to go in a playoff race), how shit Jackson is, Bekker's stupid hair cut, how we rarely get anything out of set plays, the wind, how Vanney just sits there on the bench like a bump on a log, the rain the came just in time for Defoe's penalty miss, not making the playoffs yet again after they seemed such a sure thing two months ago, etc. Then he said "see you in two weeks?" I said "yup."

About says it all.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Problem with this is that you will get thousands of scalpers/others making/creating a market. TFC will never sell a seat for 2x SSH cost because all sales will be in aftermarket for less.
    That might happen. Particularly for games that don't sell out. But for select games, like Friendlies, they would stand to make a lot with this "Dynamic" ticket pricing.

If all the tickets get sold, they don't seem to mind the aftermarket (ie. Stubhub or your local classified ads) as those rates would typically be above cost and their inventories are already gone.

Now, for regular games I don't think anyone expects 30,000 fans on average to go. There will be plenty of tickets unsold.

They could already create a new business model based on the resale market by simply opening up the ticket exchange… at marked up rates… to the general public in the days leading up to the game. Step 1 is to sell their inventory at 2xSSH cost. If that doesn't happen, Step 2 is to profit from the margin between the season ticket holder face value and the aftermarket price they establish, along with a transaction fee of course. They won't make their 2 x SSH price but 80% of that price is better than 0% on an unsold ticket.

By opening up the exchange they create value for season tickets holders here too. Season ticket holders get access to the exchange before anyone else does. This would be great for high demand games. And when it does open up… say 5 days before a match, unsold tickets would have a better chance at being scooped up.