Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Serious Post: What will convince you to renew your TFC SSH next season.

This was my first season being a SSH for TFC and yes, it had some positives, but to many negatives for obvious reasons, but like most people I am pretty sure I won't be renewing my SSH unless something pretty significant happens, so what do you think MLSE should do. Seat refunds, free games for next year, lower prices, free swag, are all things that need to be considered to get close to selling 30000 seats. Defoe is half the reason SS sold this season and I don't know if marketing the hell out of a player will work again. I have always been to at least 5+ games a year but this time we failed and we should have been good, TFC is loosing out terribly with the common soccer fan in Toronto, and I am really just to pissed to have full support for this team again, so what do you think will and should happen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as they don't raise prices without a reasonable explanation (that I agree with and is within my budget) I'll renew. I'm curious if they will do something to offset the lack of voyageurs cup games next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hiring at least experience coach and signing quality players is what it will take for me to renew my seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    As long as they don't raise prices without a reasonable explanation (that I agree with and is within my budget) I'll renew. I'm curious if they will do something to offset the lack of voyageurs cup games next year.
    You mean CCL games, V-Cup will be played in summer time. So except busy summer for Canadian MLS teams next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A call from the team, offering up somebody that I may freely explain all the things you've ever wanted to tell the team.

Even MLSE couldn't get that guy insured for the job.

So I'll take refund for this year as we were promised and told to write down "playoffs". I booked my vacation around the first round.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received a dozen emails from MLSE this past January, urging me to return as a season ticket holder. Rather than buy four seats, I took just one. I sold half the games to a RPB supporter, and went to a few games before the team returned to its roots, that is, mediocrity and insipid football. I have a ticket for the final game, and, in protest, will be mailing it back to MLSE head office next week with a letter detailing how much I am sick of their ruination of this club. Roma or Juventus would have to be purchased and moved here before I go to another game at BMO.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad the OP specified this is a serious post. I've only seen 8 other threads like it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I'm glad the OP specified this is a serious post. I've only seen 8 other threads like it.
    only 8?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am heavily debating on not renewing for next season. Will have to think about it, but I only made it to like 5 games this season anyways due to work, so with expansion, I'm pretty sure I can pick up a ticket whenever I want to go. I'll laugh if TFC FO raises price. With current level of apathy, TFC might have to lower season ticket price even lower than Season 1 prices.

Tim B and Vanney has to go. I think they have potential to be good MLS GM and coach, but I don't have the patience to watch another bunch of rookies go through on the job training. Both of them are responsible for the disaster that was this season and I have no confidence in them.

TFC will need to show me that they are serious. No more FO dramas. No more rookie coaches. I'll be willing to be patient in 2015, as long TFC shows progress and be competitive. I don't expect miracles, but I am sick of dramas and incompetence. And FFS, build a proper roster, and not expect to buy their way into playoffs.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my mind I have already renewed.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I am heavily debating on not renewing for next season. Will have to think about it, but I only made it to like 5 games this season anyways due to work, so with expansion, I'm pretty sure I can pick up a ticket whenever I want to go. I'll laugh if TFC FO raises price. With current level of apathy, TFC might have to lower season ticket price even lower than Season 1 prices.

Tim B and Vanney has to go. I think they have potential to be good MLS GM and coach, but I don't have the patience to watch another bunch of rookies go through on the job training. Both of them are responsible for the disaster that was this season and I have no confidence in them.

TFC will need to show me that they are serious. No more FO dramas. No more rookie coaches. I'll be willing to be patient in 2015, as long TFC shows progress and be competitive. I don't expect miracles, but I am sick of dramas and incompetence. And FFS, build a proper roster, and not expect to buy their way into playoffs.

When die hards are questioning renewing like in this thread, that's when tfc should really be worried. This ain't pretty. They better do something, no more stop gap big deals, or fake marketing ploys. Do some real scouting, put the team on the right track with sensible economical signings. Take stock of what they have, make some decisions.They are always trying to recapture the hype of the first season, that isn't come back anytime soon. Build a team. Scouting is key though, I hope they stop with this throwing dollars around just for the sake of it.
    Last edited by azorean; 10-12-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TFC should be issuing a refund to SSH this year. They promised playoffs and we got squat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=551151

This would make me happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only way I do not renew is if they put the price up too high for season ticket or go train tickets . A great guys once said " If you can't support the team when were losing , don't support the team when we are winning" !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    In my mind I have already renewed.
    yup I'm already ready to move out of the supporter section to a better sec if I can not move down to the 1st to 4 row in 114

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not happy with the season again,but I will be back.i support the team win or lose.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im not happy with the season again,but I will be back.i support the team win or lose.
    ____+1
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    yup I'm already ready to move out of the supporter section to a better sec if I can not move down to the 1st to 4 row in 114
    It only goes to a certain extent though, if they are constantly bad than whats the point anymore, promise after promise and still nothing, I like the idea of that microchip in the jersey for the Tampa Bay Lightning SSH, they need something clever to win us back, if you can't win over the fin generation of fans, than the future looks bad...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can't promise playoffs. So the promise has to be something that is tangible or material.

I thought it was so completely cheap last year that the get a new jersey by signing up for a credit card, or raptors tickets for signing up by a certain date made me mad. I've got 7 season's tickets an you give me the same thing as you give someone with 1 ticket.

Just seems like they don't give a shit. I can take losing, I can't take being taken for granted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be buying seasons again next year to get the rights in 112. Question is will I use them, or try to sell them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    Just bumping this because of the name of the lightning's CEO. amazing. I missed that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've already decided to renew. The value is good as long as long as prices don't go up too much (I don't see how they could with more seats being added). Isn't this also the best TFC has ever done? Sad but true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Me too.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As usual, I'm gonna wait and see how things develop before I renew. What are prices gonna be like? What are they gonna throw in to entice me this time around?

For me it's all a matter of value. I don't need tickets to support the team. I can pick them up from a friend or try the walk-up window on gameday, or just watch the match from a pub with a group. But if the prices remain relatively low and I feel that the club wants to at least put an effort into winning, I'll likely renew.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the first year that I am considering not renewing. I probably will but if they jack up the prices or keep Vanney (Bez less so) then I will probably be out. If we do a fire sale and dump half the squad for 3rd round picks and allocation then I am totally out. I also would appreciate a non-BS or spin apology on what happened this season. I don't want that playoff promise thing glossed over and I also don't want to see the fact that we have our highest point total ever be the 'big deal' for this year. I don't want to talked to like some rube getting ready to shell out for his snake oil. Just talk to us like we have some sense and show us some respect. Out of everyone, we deserve it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Discount bring the price down
    2. No sales man smoke and mirrors like the blood big deal
    3. Player moves to build a solid base for the next 3 years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be back. Even if your kid fails remedial art each and every school year, you still have to love and support him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    the only way I do not renew is if they put the price up too high for season ticket or go train tickets . A great guys once said " If you can't support the team when were losing , don't support the team when we are winning" !!
    TFC needs to do better job working with GO transit both in prices and increase of train/bus service to make it easier to get to the game and leave right after the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be back, any ticket increase that may have been planned are likely being scrapped after last nights game.

I would not want to be an mlse ticket rep right now. TFC adding 8,000 seats with little demand for extra seats, they will be desperate to just hold onto the customers they have.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone else bothered by the insulting amount of advertising they do? I want to support the club as much as I can but I feel like I'm berated with sponsors and needless silly games at every available moment.