Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    isnt Tim L sort of bulletproof right now? I mean I think Tim B has more to gain by chucking shit and more to lose by not.
    Tim L is bulletproof in terms of this job, but not necessarily for whatever he's angling for in the future. Plus, it could also be a simple ego thing, if he's pissed about the situation.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Imagine if TFC had gotten David Villa... He alone would draw another 5000 fans per game - i'm not kidding. The spanish are crazy for soccer here.
    Well you picked the wrong god damn username. This rests on your shoulders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Imagine if TFC had gotten David Villa... He alone would draw another 5000 fans per game - i'm not kidding. The spanish are crazy for soccer here.
    History of this league suggests otherwise. The impact of named DPs on attendance is vastly over estimated. Outside of Blanco and Beckham, it never works that way.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    History of this league suggests otherwise. The impact of named DPs on attendance is vastly over estimated. Outside of Blanco and Beckham, it never works that way.
    I think the attendance wasn't the main concern but the initial season ticket boost. The casual that shows up for the DP does it once or twice depending on results and we know how that story went.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How you people can support this crap for 8 years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2008 View Post
    I think the supporters that are left are the ones who value having a profesional soccer team at the highest level available in the city. We remember what it was like prior to 2007. At least having a last place team you get to see the talent and the league developing. We also hang on to a thread of hope that somehow by random chance we might get lucky and fix this team. Though in reality if it was random we would have made the play-offs at least once. Instead the franchise actively self destructs to ensure an outcome.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And thanks for stopping by...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is for the same reason that we support the leafs and they have sell outs year after year. They know we will keep coming back. The only thing that will make change is if we stop coming. Now all that being said I believe they thought if they did not make the splash they did when they did this franchise was doomed. They could see that the fans were pissed and it was affecting their STH and walk ups etc. I do believe they tried but here we are again out of the play offs feeling like we got screwed again. What will they do now to entice us back?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    MLSE is furious that TFC missed the playoffs, and Bez especially is trying to survive. No one is going to man up and take the blame. If anything, Defoe and Nelsen are going to get a lot of poo flung at them.
    Are we sure it's going to be flung and not deflected?! Because that would make a HUGE difference in determining whether or not what they're saying is.. offside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2014/1...ctober-28-2014

Gilberto's answer to the question of Defoe is very telling. The translator didnt do it justice. It was answered more like "I dont think about it AT ALL, I could care less". The asnwer was so quick, he seemed sick of talking about Defoe.