Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The General called into the USMNT

Jurgen Klinsmann has called in The General for their friendly in Florida vs. Honduras as one of six roster changes from last night in Hartford. Will be a busy week for him with tonight's game in NYC and next Saturday vs. Montreal.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He can decline the call-up right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    He better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He already skipped the last call, I don't see him missing this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    he won't. i have a feeling this was a compromise between USMNT and MLS/TFC
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He must be going.

The issue isn't Klinsmann per se. There is immense pressure for the stars to help sell tickets to these games.

The whole international friendly system has gone berserk, the dollars are bigger than what the clubs earn. The bulk of the Brazil and Argentina first choice teams are playing in Beijing today.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meanwhile, Osorio is going to miss playing against Colombia who are playing in RBNY stadium couple of days after TFC game.

What a joke!

If TFC doesn't stand up, then TFC can't bitch about Canada calling up guys next time around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    He must be going.

The issue isn't Klinsmann per se. There is immense pressure for the stars to help sell tickets to these games.

The whole international friendly system has gone berserk, the dollars are bigger than what the clubs earn. The bulk of the Brazil and Argentina first choice teams are playing in Beijing today.
    Well it can also a good thing in that the World Cup should be better in the long run with better chemistry amongst the squads.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it becoming a bit over the top for anyone else, calling Bradley "The General," at every opportunity? I don't know -- it's been starting to feel a bit gimmicky, not mixing it up, like, at all (into caricature territory, now).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Well it can also a good thing in that the World Cup should be better in the long run with better chemistry amongst the squads.
    That's true.

What I am talking about is the free ride for national teams. The players don't get paid by the national teams, but the national teams are making hundreds of millions on the backs of the clubs that pay. The clubs are muppets to this, and the system is rotten.

Exact same issue with NHL and the Olympics btw.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    Is it becoming a bit over the top for anyone else, calling Bradley "The General," at every opportunity? I don't know -- it's been starting to feel a bit gimmicky, not mixing it up, like, at all (into caricature territory, now).
    I call him Lex Luthor or Mr Clean, personally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I call him Lex Luthor or Mr Clean, personally.
    hahha Much better!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahha Much better!
    Lux Luthor its is!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would heavily suggest our next DP not be an international who frequently gets called to their national team.

Add up the scheduling headaches as the wear-and-tear, you are losing a lot of value there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Bradley is suspended for the next game due to yellow card accumulations, so who gives a shit now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Well Bradley is suspended for the next game due to yellow card accumulations, so who gives a shit now?
    Bradley worked very hard to get that yellow. It's almost like he didn't want to play next week. I bet he goes with the US team now ... hmm ...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was going to play with the US team anyway. TFC had already announced that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thing is, if he's unavailable for selection, anyway, then his suspension would be served upon his return from the USMNT.

Won't be seeing him again until next year, unless the cosmos align for us to sneak into the playoffs. *sigh*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thing is, if he's unavailable for selection, anyway, then his suspension would be served upon his return from the USMNT.

Won't be seeing him again until next year, unless the cosmos align for us to sneak into the playoffs. *sigh*
    Going with the U.S. team wasn't going to make him miss the Montreal game. He would have been in the team, so he'll be suspended for Montreal and play against New England to close out the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he was going to be going to the US game anyway, it's a smart move. Clears it up so that he won't be suspended during a game he would be back for.

That being said - being in the spot we're in, he really shouldn't be entertaining the idea of a friendly.

I guess it doesn't matter any more. Looking at the table, and I can't see any scenario in which we get in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    If he was going to be going to the US game anyway, it's a smart move. Clears it up so that he won't be suspended during a game he would be back for.

That being said - being in the spot we're in, he really shouldn't be entertaining the idea of a friendly.

I guess it doesn't matter any more. Looking at the table, and I can't see any scenario in which we get in.
    You can't serve suspensions if you leave on international duty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right; had the international scheduling mixed up, in my mind.

Suppose Montréal, at home, WOULD be the match you would choose for him to miss, if you're considering the team's best interest; of course, for the supporters, should we not make the post-season, there's no chance to see him suit up, again, until 2015.
    Last edited by JuliquE; 10-11-2014 at 09:08 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yankee General leaving town...

I don't buy him excusing himself with that yellow accumulation. He was scrappy all game. That wasn't a show.

I'm more concerned about Oso
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can players decline call ups on fifa dates?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-futb...-dempsey-usmnt

Some interesting comments about Bradley by Klinsmann, not particularly kind ones

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-futb...-dempsey-usmnt

Some interesting comments about Bradley by Klinsmann, not particularly kind ones
    it's the truth. MLS is ok, but playing for Roma and potential Champion's League games are more competitive.

though ironic that one of best USMNT player during WC was Kyle Beckerman
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    it's the truth. MLS is ok, but playing for Roma and potential Champion's League games are more competitive.

though ironic that one of best USMNT player during WC was Kyle Beckerman
    I would agree but it was either come to TFC and get consistent playing time or rot on the bench at Roma. Sometimes this whole Europe over everything attitude makes no sense. There's no argument that anyone could make that would indicate that playing sparingly in Europe is better the playing week in and week out in MLS.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    I would agree but it was either come to TFC and get consistent playing time or rot on the bench at Roma. Sometimes this whole Europe over everything attitude makes no sense. There's no argument that anyone could make that would indicate that playing sparingly in Europe is better the playing week in and week out in MLS.
    he's good enough to attract at least another mid table Serie A/EPL/Bundesliga team and play first team mins

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    he's good enough to attract at least another mid table Serie A/EPL/Bundesliga team and play first team mins
    If it was so easy why isnt he there. He wants to play here and I think we can all see that. Klinnsman for being a former paid employee of TFC sure makes it obvious that he cares not for our club or the MLS.

I'd argue so much that its because of Klinnsman that Yedlin went to the EPL and other players have went to other places that probably arnt good for there own career.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    If it was so easy why isnt he there. He wants to play here and I think we can all see that. Klinnsman for being a former paid employee of TFC sure makes it obvious that he cares not for our club or the MLS.

I'd argue so much that its because of Klinnsman that Yedlin went to the EPL and other players have went to other places that probably arnt good for there own career.
    because no European club would pay Bradley 6 mil dollars per year. Bradley had reasons other than football to join TFC. I can't blame him for setting himself and his family for rest of their lives.

-Eduardo Galeano