Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hell @ Work: The Day After Games

I'm so sick and tired of coming back to work after games, where I'm pretty much the only die-hard Toronto FC supporter and everyone knows it, and everyone comes into my office to laugh or make some kind of fucking bs comment.

Insult to injury. I'm all polite and try to have a laugh about it, but honestly just let me get on with my work day and gtfo.

Anyone else have to deal with this shit and starting to get reeeeally tired of it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The truth is I don't think I'll get much work done today

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called in sick. Apparently eating pizza off the floor makes your stomach sick.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've converted my co-workers.

Then again, I locked the doors to my office and had the France games on the TV during the Euro.

My co-workers know not to push me when I'm really disappointed.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God Save The Queen View Post
    I called in sick. Apparently eating pizza off the floor makes your stomach sick.

that's better than floor burgers

///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Longsleeve View Post
    I'm so sick and tired of coming back to work after games, where I'm pretty much the only die-hard Toronto FC supporter and everyone knows it, and everyone comes into my office to laugh or make some kind of fucking bs comment.

Insult to injury. I'm all polite and try to have a laugh about it, but honestly just let me get on with my work day and gtfo.

Anyone else have to deal with this shit and starting to get reeeeally tired of it?

Leaf fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is much worse than coming in to work with a massive hangover

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pavement pizza?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Pavement pizza?

Tiles...my slice dropped and you know I gotta follow the 5sec. rule...except I fumbled it a few times so it was more like 10secs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was that you who dropped the pizza on the floor in front of the pizza pizza, and then picked it up...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tell them to fuck off. In a lighter way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvv View Post
    Leaf fans.
    With leaf fans, you've usually got other people to help defend yourself :P

At least if you live in and around Toronto.

It's like being a RPB waiting for the train and people who recognize the scarf point at you and whisper to their friends that you're one of those crazy guys.

I feel like a zoo exhibit

Ahhhhh well. I'm sure this stuff happens with any die hard supporter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a headache this morning. so in addition to being too nervous to work on anything yesterday, I now am too tired, aching, and pissed off to get any work done today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With leaf fans, you've usually got other people to help defend yourself :P

At least if you live in and around Toronto.

It's like being a RPB waiting for the train and people who recognize the scarf point at you and whisper to their friends that you're one of those crazy guys.

I feel like a zoo exhibit

Ahhhhh well. I'm sure this stuff happens with any die hard supporter.
    I feel your pain man, I get the same here!

I will be the guy who tells them to eat shit when they ask for ticket though! Funny that they weren't around at the start of the season when every thing was going well. Sort of! I did have a few ask for Beckham tickets, I just give them the polite not on your life, no Becks fans allowed in my seats!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCFan1977 View Post
    I feel your pain man, I get the same here!

I will be the guy who tells them to eat shit when they ask for ticket though! Funny that they weren't around at the start of the season when every thing was going well. Sort of! I did have a few ask for Beckham tickets, I just give them the polite not on your life, no Becks fans allowed in my seats!
    Yeah, no kidding. These are the same people who are the first to say "Hey, can you get me tickets to the next game? I want to take my kids."

Sorry. None available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luckily I work with 2 fellow STHs plus a few others get tickets here and there.
    I'm known as the most hardcore in here tho' and my lack of voice and scowl are a dead giveaway on days like today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, no kidding. These are the same people who are the first to say "Hey, can you get me tickets to the next game? I want to take my kids."

Sorry. None available.
    Bandwagon Jumpers need not apply.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YUP, only supporter here @ work

oh well....
    c'mon you Reds!

Town of "I don't bitch about the beer guy obstructing my view"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worse when your the only supporter out of 1400 teens at school, all of which are jerks and have nothing better to do than just laugh. Can't wait to get out.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am getting it from every customer I see today, they all know about my passion for the team.

I am good with it though. My loayaties won't change and I am better for having seen that game. Still sucks though :P
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My boss is an ex-footy player and Current Footy coach. . he understandswhen I am gutted from a loss, and gives me afternoons off for Big Champions League games.. .

BUT, there are a couple of know-nothing fuck wads who take plenty of digs when they know my team (s) did not do well. . Euro was Torture after Bufoon stopped that Romanian PK. . for example.

Then ther are the closeted jock-fags, who have taken one too many towel snaps to the head.. . .

This morning I got in here. . and I heard:

"What. . you gonna cry in your office now cuz you finaly realized the sport and team you care SO much about are total and complete shit?

I'll take you to see The BUFFALO BILLS. . and you can see what a REAL sport is"

Thye are lucky they are not wearing their asses as hats right now. . I swear, one more lil jab, and Im goin over the edge.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post

Thye are lucky they are not wearing their asses as hats right now. . I swear, one more lil jab, and Im goin over the edge.

"OVER THE LINE"

Mark it zero!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm the only fan in my office, but I know two more fans in our other offices. The only difference here is that nobody even cares about football, much less bother to try and razz me about a TFC loss. The only way people here know there's a game is because I make a fuss about it during the day.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I encounter outright hostility from NFL fans. It's like they are threatened by soccer. I say - shit on em!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

techno, tell him that as as bills fan he should know what losing big games is all about.

(im a bills fan too, but its nothing to brag about)
    c'mon you Reds!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"What. . you gonna cry in your office now cuz you finaly realized the sport and team you care SO much about are total and complete shit?

I really don't understand this. Doesn't this team represent the City and carry the name Toronto wherever it goes? Its almost like we are fans of a team in a different City totally. I can understand you not being the fan we are, but whats the with questions: What happened to your team? WTF?!? ITS EVERYONE'S TEAM!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I must say our District Coach is constantly asking me "whats going on Red Patch?" But thats just because he wants to see some decent players on the team, that can put the ball in the net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's really only one other guy in my office who is a footy fanatic, and I brought him to the game last night, so he's feeling my pain today. Nobody else really knows anything about it here at my work, so I don't get the idiotic jabs that you guys do, thankfully. I would snap if I had to put up with that all day.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My boss is an ex-footy player and Current Footy coach. . he understandswhen I am gutted from a loss, and gives me afternoons off for Big Champions League games.. .

BUT, there are a couple of know-nothing fuck wads who take plenty of digs when they know my team (s) did not do well. . Euro was Torture after Bufoon stopped that Romanian PK. . for example.

Then ther are the closeted jock-fags, who have taken one too many towel snaps to the head.. . .

This morning I got in here. . and I heard:

wow, pete, im surprised you already havent, having heard that complete dribble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nobodybeatsthewiz View Post
    wow, pete, im surprised you already havent, having heard that complete dribble
    For sure, lord knows I would have.

After we lost agaist Chivas at home last year, some friends of mine felt the need to text message me about it and rub it in. I asked the one guy how his HIV and STD tests went (got a bit drunk and had a scare). Knowing full well that on the way to the game, my other friends explained what happend and how much it was freaking him out.....

Hasn't said a word since...., and he's clean. thank god for that.
    Last edited by Marc"2L"; 07-23-2008 at 01:53 PM.