Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Matchday 31: Houston at Toronto FC - Wed Oct 8 7:30 pm TSN4

Big game. Needs a big crowd.

Probably the healthiest roster we have had in a long time.

No excuses. Win and we put pressure on Columbus, give an extra incentive to Philly for their game against the Crew and start NYRB thinking. Lose or tie and its not done but we would have to win out and get some help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crowd may be sparse in general because of leafs game but the supporters sections should be rocking for this one. Get down early if possible and get a little liquid encouragement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is the most important game of the year, (so far). A loss would be utterly disappointing and all but do us in, and even a tie would really hurt a chance at any momentum going into the last 3 games.

I think the FO is feeling more pressure than even the players. The huge financial investment in our DP's this year, the stadium expansion, and of course the SSH renewal drive and necessary price increase on next year's tickets all come down to making the playoffs, and that all rests on beating Houston. It will be next to impossible to win out if we lose tmrw. I think everyone knows this, and reading Phil's post from another thread that Tim B is coming to pre game at Joe's and maybe bringing Dichio with him says to me that they are pulling out all the stops to rally the supporters and get BMO rocking from before kickoff.

This is huge, this is the year, maybe not mathematically, but this is it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Houston is missing a couple starting players due to international call-ups...every little bit helps.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Houston has horrid time at BMO Field. should be a win, if TFC can keep Brad Davis in check
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Crowd may be sparse in general because of leafs game but the supporters sections should be rocking for this one. Get down early if possible and get a little liquid encouragement.
    It'll feel like those special CCL nights. When sellouts don't matter because those who show - know.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, will we see this?

------------------Bendik---------------------
    --Bloom---Caldwell--Hagglund--Morrow---
    -Lovitz----Bradley---Osorio----Jackson---
    ----------Gilberto----Defoe---------------

I am hoping for a statement win for TFC: 3-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me we need to have Oduro back on the wing instead of Lovitz. He was huge in the games early in the season against Houston and gives us a great change in place out there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Houston has horrid time at BMO Field. should be a win, if TFC can keep Brad Davis in check
    4-2 was one of my favorite games of the year!bring in the fact that they were missing plays while we are getting players back....

I have my hopes up for this one boys and girls!!! let blow the lid off BMO

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to this...the cool weather and a night game. Remember Tim B and Danny D will be popping into shoeless pre game for a bit.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Looking forward to this...the cool weather and a night game. Remember Tim B and Danny D will be popping into shoeless pre game for a bit.
    Any idea on the timing of that at all from them? Taking the train from Ajax so would be good to have a gauge on what train to take if in fact I am able to make it down there early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta take care of business at home. The roster is healthy, and Houston isn't LA. No excuses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no reason that TFC shouldn't win this game. A loss here and we have no right to be in the playoffs to be honest. I am confident they can pull it off though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn it is killing me to miss this game. Cheer loud and proud everyone!!!!!!!!!!! The weeknight games are a bugger when you live in Woodstock!! Looks like we'll have to cheer the lads on while watching on tv

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, Brad Davis unmarked at the back post, that thought will give me nightmares...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Ah, Brad Davis unmarked at the back post, that thought will give me nightmares...
    Which reminds me....is Bloom recovered?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Houston will be missing a couple of key players while TFC will be playing their mostly A-team with only a couple of starters resting for New York (maybe left in as subs). Houston has difficulty scoring at the best of times, so I'm guessing a 2-0 or 2-1 victory for Vanney et al. The real test will be in NY on the weekend.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 58m58 minutes ago Mark Bloom says he's fully fit and ready to play on Wednesday. #TFC

Lab Rats FC ‏@LabRatsFC 1m1 minute ago
    "#TFC vs. Houston Dynamo REFEREE: ARMANDO VILLARREAL AR1: Craig Lowry AR2: Oscar Mitchell-Carvalho 4TH: Silviu Petrescu"

Petruscu doing his "I'm Just Your Nice Uncle from the Carpathians" routine at BMO again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.torontofc.ca/march-to-the-match

Given it's opening night for the Leafs, good call to throw some free booze and food out to get a crowd
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 10-07-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I was saying. F0 knows we need this win to have any hope, and they're pulling out all the stops. Nice effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do they have to do this on the same night that they have the Tragically Hip playing at Yonge and Dundas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Why do they have to do this on the same night that they have the Tragically Hip playing at Yonge and Dundas?
    Because we shit bed during the summer, and haven't clinched the playoffs yet. Or as the FO calls it. The Payoffs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    http://www.torontofc.ca/march-to-the-match

Given it's opening night for the Leafs, good call to throw some free booze and food out to get a crowd
    Just got the email, too. Great move by Tim and Dichio! Forget marketing, money, whatever....I like to think this one is for the fans.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marching band? what are we, seattle?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pipe band?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notice I didn't really talk much about marches...good on the team to do it though. I think we will be happy having a pint and walking to the match.

However stay tuned for a march against Montreal
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Any idea on the timing of that at all from them? Taking the train from Ajax so would be good to have a gauge on what train to take if in fact I am able to make it down there early.
    Sorry Joe, missed this. It was a bit confusing nailing times down. Tim B will be there early - 5:30 to 6:00, Danny is hanging around from what I understand.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Joe, missed this. It was a bit confusing nailing times down. Tim B will be there early - 5:30 to 6:00, Danny is hanging around from what I understand.
    Thanks. I just saw the schedule and march info on the TFC website. Thought the meeting with Tim B and DD was a more intimate meet with supporters and not part of a big corporate marketing thing. I like our marches the way we do them with us leading the songs. Not sure if I want to be part of a big commercial thing now. I still may come down. Will see how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    So, will we see this?

------------------Bendik---------------------
    --Bloom---Caldwell--Hagglund--Morrow---
    -Lovitz----Bradley---Osorio----Jackson---
    ----------Gilberto----Defoe---------------

I am hoping for a statement win for TFC: 3-0
    Am I the only who thinks Bloom sucks? Creavalle looked very good IMO. Here's my lineup, a little out of the box.

------- Defoe - Moore --------
    Gilberto - Bradley - Osorio - Jackson
    Morrow - Caldwell - Hagglund - Crevale

Defoe - Moore as the strikers and Gilberto can use the wing to use his speed but not be on top of Defoe... defense looks great.
    Last edited by Defoe; 10-07-2014 at 04:16 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Am I the only who thinks Bloom sucks? Creavalle looked very good IMO. Here's my lineup, a little out of the box.

------- Defoe - Moore --------
    Gilberto - Bradley - Osorio - Jackson
    Morrow - Caldwell - Hagglund - Crevale

Defoe - Moore as the strikers and Gilberto can use the wing to use his speed but not be on top of Defoe... defense looks great.
    Bloom is good for a 48k player. He can cross, even if his positioning is suspect at times.

Creavalle is an athlete, and don't expect much from him technically (and he costs more than Bloom)

Why play Gilberto at LM? not his position

-Eduardo Galeano