Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2015 Season Ticket Deposit

So I was messing around in my account manager today. Noticed in the offers that there is a box for a $50 deposit per 2015 season seat or $250 deposit for "premium" seasons.
    Now I have no problem putting down a deposit for something I really want.
    My issues with this are
    #1 - no idea what seat you are putting the deposit down for
    #2 - the deposit is non-refundable...so, say the only tickets available are out of my price range...guess I just kissed $100 good-bye
    #3 - nobody knows what the price of next year's seasons will be...pretty much guarantee an increase if the team makes the playoffs (which I DAMN WELL HOPE THEY DO) question is, does one play off appearance warrant a gouge? Think we all know the answer to that.

Wondering if anyone else had noticed this, and/or, had actually put down a deposit?

Cheers,
    Frank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received this email today:

What an exciting finish to Saturday's match! We hope you were there to cheer with us as Bradley finished off a set piece in the 89th minute to seal the victory for your Reds.

Thank you for your continued support this season. We wanted to be the first to tell you that deposits for 2015 new Season Seats are going on sale today. As a current Season Seat Holder, no action is required on your end as we focus on finishing this season strong. If you wish to add more seats to your existing account for 2015, more information will be provided to you during the renewal process after the season.
    If you know of anyone interested in 2015 new Season Seats, share this link with them for priority access.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we click further we can see that the deposit option seems to imply we will be given more sections to choose from. I'm thinking the "Best available" is something ticketmaster has in their code as a default.

Looks like a work in progress.

Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-02-2014 at 03:34 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purchase your 2015 Toronto FC New Season Seat Deposit* now to recieve guaranteed playoff ticket access**, early bird season ticket prices and priority access to 2015 seat locations. Please select one deposit for each seat you wish to purchase up to a maximum of 8 deposits.
    Oh...figured it.

Looks like they are taking deposits for next season from new people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, they aren't that stupid. It says "New" season seats. As per the email, existing seat holders don't need to do anything (even if we want new seats). It's a bit confusing but I think this is just for anyone interested in getting their first season seats.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, me reading for comprehension is not all that good today.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post

If you know of anyone interested in 2015 new Season Seats, share this link with them for priority access.
    So, if you have a spot on this um "wait list" … what's the "priority access" for them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have 30K seats to sell, and the marquis name is leaving.

The test for whether you will be allowed the opportunity to jump the waiting list next year: can you fog a mirror? If yes, come on down.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

The test for whether you will be allowed the opportunity to jump the waiting list next year: can you fog a mirror? If yes, come on down.
    can you fog a mirror? If yes, come on down.*

* please note that due to events in the area, parking will be extremely limited. Check the MTO for the latest construction updates. We recommend the TTC, assuming it's not broken and is running. In any event, come on down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    can you fog a mirror? If yes, come on down.*

* please note that due to events in the area, parking will be extremely limited. Check the MTO for the latest construction updates. We recommend the TTC, assuming it's not broken and is running. In any event, come on down.
    Will there be any smoke in front of the mirror?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What The General is leaving, how could that be. Joking aside, it will be interesting to see what they do, leverage them against the Leafs and Raptors.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm pretty darn certain that seating chart won't change until the end of the season. Great points in regards to all the extra seats and the probable departure of JD.
    I'd be really surprised if many people slap that deposit down without a clue of where they will end up, and, how much those seats will cost!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably about 6k more in season seats to sell with the new stand. Scalpers will probably take 3 of that. So they have to find only 3000 people to be interested. Doable at the right price.

I'm more interested in how they arrange sections moving forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am going to go for it. I just hope that I get access to all the available new seats. I am willing to spend around $350, crossing my fingers that they will have something in that price range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bargs7 View Post
    I think I am going to go for it. I just hope that I get access to all the available new seats. I am willing to spend around $350, crossing my fingers that they will have something in that price range.
    Good luck! I think the $350 might be optimistic, unless you are an existing season ticket holder. Who knows, though, there are many new seats to sell. Hate to see scalpers get half as stated earlier...you would think they might be a bit gun shy after this season. Lots of empty seats at a few of the games we went to. Still considered sell outs, so it works for MLSE, but you know the majority of those tickets were stuck in scalpers pockets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Probably about 6k more in season seats to sell with the new stand. Scalpers will probably take 3 of that. So they have to find only 3000 people to be interested. Doable at the right price.

I'm more interested in how they arrange sections moving forward.
    doubt scalpers are that interested in the new seats. They only want tix where sections are full, so there is secondary market demand. Based on all the tix floating around by current holders in my section 107 which they give away to friends, etc. I doubt their is much of a secondary market right now at current capacity. In fact, scalpers may reduce the number of tix they get this year based on stadium expansion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    doubt scalpers are that interested in the new seats. They only want tix where sections are full, so there is secondary market demand. Based on all the tix floating around by current holders in my section 107 which they give away to friends, etc. I doubt their is much of a secondary market right now at current capacity. In fact, scalpers may reduce the number of tix they get this year based on stadium expansion.
    They are probably taking a pounding. Hopefully with the expansion and the attendance lately this will happen.

Can't stand that tickets are in the hands of these guys and always fleece people that proactively want to go to a match.

Kills the product and enthusiasm to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by busapunk View Post
    they are probably taking a pounding. Hopefully with the expansion and the attendance lately this will happen.

Can't stand that tickets are in the hands of these guys and always fleece people that proactively want to go to a match.

Kills the product and enthusiasm to go.
    exactly!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think for the first time, I'm looking to bargain with them. I'll maintain the current seats I own if I can upgrade my location slightly at the same price. Or stay where I am at a slight reduction.

Least they can do is agree after putting us through yet another season of bumbling, fumbling incompetence.

Plus the thought of Bob Bradley running the team next year. Will make Preki look like My Little Pony.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should be 10% to 20% price hike next year .We're going to have to pay sometime especially if we want these high priced DP's.....I can't see them selling all the seats unless again they try some 'Mr. Special' is signing next year , all of which unless AM , CB is meaningless of course . They aren't going to be happy allowing season ticket holders to pay approx what 2 Leaf games cost for a full season .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Should be 10% to 20% price hike next year .We're going to have to pay sometime especially if we want these high priced DP's.....I can't see them selling all the seats unless again they try some 'Mr. Special' is signing next year , all of which unless AM , CB is meaningless of course . They aren't going to be happy allowing season ticket holders to pay approx what 2 Leaf games cost for a full season .
    Sounds about right. Still a great price for yellow and light grey. Also shows how ridiculously over priced Leaf tickets are...and, yeah, I'm a Leafs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got an email from my rep yesterday asking me to call him, so he could help me with my seats for next year. Should be an interesting conversation after last night.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to have seasons. However, if the price is going up, and, they want a $50 NON REFUNDABLE deposit before I even know what seats I'm getting...I'm fine buying tickets per select games.
    Hopefully the frickin' scalpers bail on their seasons, so, real football fans can get them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    They would be crazy to crank prices up, unless we make the playoffs and make run, or they do it on the backs of signing another big name DP to replace Defoe.

As it stands now, seasons tickets are a losing prospect financially unless you are in the cheapest sections of the stadium. You can go to every home game with tickets from the secondary market for cheaper that what most price points in BMO are. Increasing the supply without increasing the demand is not going to end well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    They would be crazy to crank prices up, unless we make the playoffs and make run, or they do it on the backs of signing another big name DP to replace Defoe.

As it stands now, seasons tickets are a losing prospect financially unless you are in the cheapest sections of the stadium. You can go to every home game with tickets from the secondary market for cheaper that what most price points in BMO are. Increasing the supply without increasing the demand is not going to end well.
    Hmmm supply and demand where have i heard that before hehehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, which is why I refuse to lay down a deposit. My thoughts are, basically, give me light greys (know I won't get yellows) for season renewal prices or forget it. Crap, people were giving away tickets last night to what potentially was one of the biggest games in the history of TFC!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    Got an email from my rep yesterday asking me to call him, so he could help me with my seats for next year. Should be an interesting conversation after last night.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to have seasons. However, if the price is going up, and, they want a $50 NON REFUNDABLE deposit before I even know what seats I'm getting...I'm fine buying tickets per select games.
    Hopefully the frickin' scalpers bail on their seasons, so, real football fans can get them.
    Let us know how that convo goes!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure not selling Defoe is really paying dividends, loads of newbs are probably lining up to give MLSE their money after that display last night!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So very, very true.

They announced 18k last night. If that is 18k, imagine what that will feel like in a 30,000 seat stadium?

That's with Defoe. That's with Bradley. That's playing the game in hand while chasing the playoffs.

Next year, I imagine they may tarp off the west side 200 level for league games. Particularly mid week games with a chill in the air. New England is the model in that they load up the side of the stadium facing the tv cameras.

Take the tarp down for when Henry or the Galaxy come in and/or when they play their friendly against an EPL side.

Probably will be open for Argos games though. They will get a newness bump in attendance which makes you wonder if and when MLSE buys the Argos if we would be looking at season tickets like the Leafs/Raptors or Marlies/TFC of yesteryear?

Leverage the Argos and the newness gimmick of them playing at BMO to sell more TFC tickets.

Either or, financially I don't regret giving up my season seats this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your a great armchair quarterback...why don't you get argos season tickets...I think they have about 26k avail