Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Last thing I like to say is, I don't mind a 2nd team in NYC, I just hate the fact they are playing for at least 3 years in Yankee Stadium (and probably longer then that, no stadium construction site has been decided as far as I know). MLS is kind of going backwards, it looked like shit when previous teams played in ball parks, we got rid of them all, and now we all of a sudden bring a new one back to a ball park??? I don't like it.
    Yeah, I'm definitely not a fan of groundsharing in a baseball stadium. As good of a location as Yankee stadium is, NYCFC is still missing out here. I'm sorta surprised they couldn't work out something with one of the NY universities.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/01/ny...red-bulls.html

Whose Side Are You On?

A Decision for Soccer Fans: New York City Football Club or Red Bulls

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Good read. Thanks for the link, Cherono!
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think like many of you, I thought NYC2 was a poor decision on the leagues part. I figured it would destroy the NYRB fan base and would impede all the work and investments Red Bull has made. With NYCFC at some 14,000 season ticket holders, reports have said only 10% of these are disavowed NYRB fans and many of them stopping supporting NYRB many years ago.

So how is NYRB doing? This offseason they've sold a record high 9,500 season tickets and their FO seems to think 10,000 is possible. This is incredible! MLS/NYCFC have seemingly managed to bring in a whole new segment of New York without sabotaging NYRB. I'm honestly completely shocked.

Source:
    http://bigapplesoccer.com/teams/redb...ticle_id=40116

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I think like many of you, I thought NYC2 was a poor decision on the leagues part. I figured it would destroy the NYRB fan base and would impede all the work and investments Red Bull has made. With NYCFC at some 14,000 season ticket holders, reports have said only 10% of these are disavowed NYRB fans and many of them stopping supporting NYRB many years ago.

So how is NYRB doing? This offseason they've sold a record high 9,500 season tickets and their FO seems to think 10,000 is possible. This is incredible! MLS/NYCFC have seemingly managed to bring in a whole new segment of New York without sabotaging NYRB. I'm honestly completely shocked.

Source:
    http://bigapplesoccer.com/teams/redb...ticle_id=40116
    I'm shocked about NYRB's success this offseason in ticketselling. They had that travesty of a Town Hall where it seemed to be pretty damning of the organization. Anyway, this kind of talk is why I'm prioritizing going to NYRB this year before the trouble starts. I don't want to visit a Jersey Chivas.
    NYCFC doesn't surprise me with those numbers. Plenty of fans that don't want to leave the city but the onus is on them to succeed. New Yorkers need a winner. They wouldn't have more than one season leeway I'd imagine.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RB never marketed the team properly. They didn't need to, so they didn't. CFG blows in, made a media impact. Creation of NYCFC probably did more to raise the profile of RBNY than anything RB did since building RBA.

There's virtually nothing about NYCFC that is organic but even so, I'd love to be at RBA when NYCFC plays there, could be special.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The league seems to be going through a shakeout process as the money is getting higher.

I don't care either way about NYRB, however it would be a real shame to waste their great stadium. My real fear is that the L'imp Act are getting ready to drop out of sight and return to the second level where they have thrived in the past. There are not enough teams in the north as it stands and the trend as in other sports towards south and western teams is not good IMO.