Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Robbo proved he can get alot of the players without big name DP's or a natural finisher. TFC should follow the Robbo example to grind results. He focused more on defence, with one serious attacking midfielder and literally no true finisher and outdid Rennie , Teitur and Soehn in his first year as a coach. Funnily enough, Robbo was like the 4-5th choice of being head coach for the Caps. Other teams passed on him, including TFC, and now the whole league is taking notice of him. TFC ex-players/coaches seem to be having great success elsewhere, that proves TFC management really has no clue how to excel with there assets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    that proves TFC management really has no clue how to excel with there assets.
    That and everything in existence, ever. Even the things that were glorious, like the rain of seat cushions, were generally technically fuckups.

Still...great comeback against Portland, eh?

I've decided I'm in thick or thin, TFC's my club
    They can't shoot and they can't score
    They run like they're in mud
    Tomorrow is another day
    and maybe there's next year
    and if we lose all thirty games
    at least that's thirty beers

Or something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caps just showed this week, last night and last week that u don't need a hatful of goals to win games. Get the defence right and one goal will do nicely

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    I think Robbo proved he can get alot of the players without big name DP's or a natural finisher. TFC should follow the Robbo example to grind results. He focused more on defence, with one serious attacking midfielder and literally no true finisher and outdid Rennie , Teitur and Soehn in his first year as a coach. Funnily enough, Robbo was like the 4-5th choice of being head coach for the Caps. Other teams passed on him, including TFC, and now the whole league is taking notice of him. TFC ex-players/coaches seem to be having great success elsewhere, that proves TFC management really has no clue how to excel with there assets.
    The challenge with focusing on keeping goals out is that it doesn't mesh with the widely held MLSE cultural view that they want to play "an attractive brand of football"

The words they use focus on "entertainment." The signings they made this offseason (2 strikers) and sentiment about defenders earning too much money highlight where (I think) the corporate priorities are.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    The challenge with focusing on keeping goals out is that it doesn't mesh with the widely held MLSE cultural view that they want to play "an attractive brand of football"

The words they use focus on "entertainment." The signings they made this offseason (2 strikers) and sentiment about defenders earning too much money highlight where (I think) the corporate priorities are.
    Apart from LA, and the odd DP CD, most teams don't spend money on defence like we did with Caldwell and have done with Ecks and O'Dea.

And before this season, our consistent issue has been having a number of goal scoring threats.

What happened this season is we spent money on a midfielder, without building a midfield, on 2 strikers, one of who was injury prone, and didn't shore up the back (apart from Morrow).

We've got to much money tied up in Caldwell, Oduro and Jackson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

The strange thing is that I've always been a proponent of attacking football (even to the extent of preferring Winter over Nelsen), yet I can't put my finger on it, but I enjoyed watching Vancouver play so much more this season (and previous seasons).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

We've got to much money tied up in Caldwell, Oduro and Jackson.
    Especially considering how utterly useless jackson and oduro have been.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Montreal conceding the late goal to D.C. yesterday, they are guaranteed the 3rd pick in the draft as wooden spoon "winners" (with Orlando going 1st and NYCFC 2nd). We own Chivas' 1st round pick and they play San Jose today in an hour. Currently tied on 30 points for 2nd last in the league, but Chivas has the tiebreaker, so we should hope for a San Jose win which would give us the 4th rather than 5th draft pick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    With Montreal conceding the late goal to D.C. yesterday, they are guaranteed the 3rd pick in the draft as wooden spoon "winners" (with Orlando going 1st and NYCFC 2nd). We own Chivas' 1st round pick and they play San Jose today in an hour. Currently tied on 30 points for 2nd last in the league, but Chivas has the tiebreaker, so we should hope for a San Jose win which would give us the 4th rather than 5th draft pick.
    Chivas wins, naturally. And I didn't realize this earlier but that means they pass Colorado in the standings, so what could've been the 3rd pick is now the 6th.

TFC holds the 6th (Chivas), 9th (natural), and 11th (Portland) picks in the upcoming draft. We also have a conditional 1st round pick from trading Frei to Seattle. Frei has played the entire season for Seattle and they won the Shield, I'm assuming whatever condition agreed upon has been met. So we should hope Seattle gets eliminated as early as possible in the playoffs, as that would move their pick up the table.
    Last edited by notthesun; 10-26-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Chivas wins, naturally. And I didn't realize this earlier but that means they pass Colorado in the standings, so what could've been the 3rd pick is now the 6th.
    Is it just me, or does it seem that nothing is allowed to go right for TFC?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodbye Chivas USA. You were shite for the league, but no supporter should see their team fold and die.

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano