Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Oh great. Allan Gordon is coming on to finish it
    Funny thing is I turned it off a minute before this happened

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Win on Wednesday and its who does what when vs. Columbus for the right to play NYRB in the one off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta say, looking forward to Jackson coming back. Way more useful then Oduro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    And do the fans here have the patience to wait that long or are people going to call for wholesale changes if we don't make the playoffs?

This constant rebuilding from scratch madness has to stop.
    including firing the coach......????

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who the heck is coming to NYC next weekend, come one ,come all to support the Reds at RBA, I dont want to be the only TFC fan in the New York supporters section.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The approach to this game was the wrong one to take in the end. If we were going into this match with an eye on Houston, then we should have bunkered down and tried for a point or a dirty away win. I get that you want to come out blazing and see what your chances can be (especially with the tactical criticism levied at Nelson), but it just did not work. The coach must realize this and be brave and proactive, though I suppose the damage was done before you even noticed.
    Last edited by Daveisonfire; 10-05-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also wonder if a large part of the game plan was to specifically attack Robbie Rogers flank. It seemed like our positive start fizzled out when he came off injured.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daveisonfire View Post
    The approach to this gamet was the wrong one to take in the end. If we were going into this match with an eye on Houston, then we should have bunkered down and tried for a point or a dirty away win. I get that you want to come out blazing and see what your chances can be (especially with the tactical criticism levied at Nelson), but it just did not work. The coach must realize this and be brave and proactive, though I suppose the damage was done before you even noticed.
    Bunkering doesn't work with LA.
    Really, Vanney knew LA is at such a higher level he just managed expectations beforehand. If you watched NY play them it would be obvious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to watch while at work, so i missed hearing why Gilberto wasn't playing. Is he injured as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    I had to watch while at work, so i missed hearing why Gilberto wasn't playing. Is he injured as well?
    No, just resting him for the more important Eastern conference matchups coming up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post

rested him for the stretch, has played so many games with Defoe's absence.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocktml View Post
    If defeo flaps his arms in the air one more time I will lose my shit!!!! Play the fucking game and stop acting like a spoiled jackass
    Enshrined amongst Toronto sports favourites he will not be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA had a great tactic in the second half. They left Oduro wide open on the wing so we kept giving him the ball. You know the rest of the story.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daveisonfire View Post
    The approach to this game was the wrong one to take in the end. If we were going into this match with an eye on Houston, then we should have bunkered down and tried for a point or a dirty away win. I get that you want to come out blazing and see what your chances can be (especially with the tactical criticism levied at Nelson), but it just did not work. The coach must realize this and be brave and proactive, though I suppose the damage was done before you even noticed.
    In fairness, another school of thought is that LA is comfortably in the playoffs. Maybe they come out without intensity as the game.... in this MLS world of playoffs... means nothing to them. It's against the 12th place side and maybe the goal is just don't get hurt, give others some minutes and just get through it.

Clearly that didn't happen but it was a possible scenario. TFC can't afford to give away points so they had to take a risk.

I can't fault Vanney for that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing these better western teams, it's like the eastern conference is USL or something.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    In fairness, another school of thought is that LA is comfortably in the playoffs. Maybe they come out without intensity as the game.... in this MLS world of playoffs... means nothing to them. It's against the 12th place side and maybe the goal is just don't get hurt, give others some minutes and just get through it.

Clearly that didn't happen but it was a possible scenario. TFC can't afford to give away points so they had to take a risk.

I havenot posted for a while. My impressions: TFC is not close to the level of top MLS clubs. That strike by Gordon was telling. Great goal by another ex TFC player, on a keeper that is demonstrating with each game how mediocre he is. Our backline is a joke. Our midfield is a joke. Our forwards are inconsistent. A 6th or 7th place finish is where this team belongs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch the post Bradley video for a cringe worthy question from local media.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just like Michael, I am not even sure what they guy was trying to say, did you notice the TFC video ended right in the middle of his second question?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

I suspect you're right. But when he had them actually press and close defensively (it's suicide not to against ANY team in this league) we were matching them in the second half. I think LA gets too much respect, some times. Two of those goals (Keane's) were because defensively we bunkered in the first half, and not just bunkered but SAT BACK, with no one stepping up to pressure the ball.

I get the logic, in terms of game management, but it was pure suicide against LA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game is done with, never really expected any points from it. Wednesday is the key, get 3 points and I think they make it. Horrible scheduling though, back from west coast, midweek, etc....They win on Wednesday and I think they are in. Houston is a tricky team though, they recently signed Beasley and Garrido, and are known for making late season pushes.This is basically game of the season for tfc....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we have the tie breaker with Colombus? If so, why? Head to head?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I think with the Crew losing, today went as about as well as could be expected.

Onwards to Wednesday night, massive game and a must win.

Our game in hand on the Crew. Yes a BIG match, a must win!

On Wednesday, all football fans in attendance should be loud and be the 'extra' man advantage. Unfortunately, many will stay away because of the Leaf home opener?

Go TFC GO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re. the New York match, I'm there plus will be staying for the Canada v Colombia match .... and I'm not alone!
    Last edited by Blizzard; 10-05-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    Our game in hand on the Crew. Yes a BIG match, a must win!

On Wednesday, all football fans in attendance should be loud and be the 'extra' man advantage. Unfortunately, many will stay away because of the Leaf home opener?

Go TFC GO!
    eff the leafs, there's more tha 40,000 ppl who can fill the stadiums, the 20K TFC die hard better be there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Funny thing is I turned it off a minute before this happened
    How does one obtain such superpowers? I'm getting tired of seeing that crap. It never fails.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    How does one obtain such superpowers? I'm getting tired of seeing that crap. It never fails.
    Watch the Raptors if what you want to see is actual night-after-night competitiveness at an above average level.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Watch the Raptors if what you want to see is actual night-after-night competitiveness at an above average level.
    I was talking more about turning the game off right before former players score.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched the replay again of Keane's second goal.

Bekker ball watches the whole way. Stunning goal by Keane but he had acres of space to make it stunning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was about the dumbest question I've ever heard, if it's the one you're referring to. "Do you realize that the last four games are important?" Duh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roca View Post
    That was about the dumbest question I've ever heard, if it's the one you're referring to. "Do you realize that the last four games are important?" Duh!
    A lot of journalists are prone to being, well, just dumb.

It's like saying, you have to score more goals than the other team to win the game.