Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Something tells me Primo pasta might be interested now

I still hope for Tic Tac
    After all, we already sing about TicTac when we play Montreal...
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carts View Post
    Based on their aggressive marketing and expansion lately - including the store at Maple Leaf Square - I could definitely see this as a strong possibility...
    Canadian Tire (SportChek owner) and MLSE (Raptors and TFC) share the same advertising agency: SID LEE. They did the We The North campaign for Raptors.

However, seems limited if they use the SportChek brand on the shirts, no useful for all the US and Quebec exposure, just other Canadian provinces. I'm thinking it might be ManuLife, SunLife, Investor Group, etc.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/report-...service=mobile

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with the signing of Giovinco maybe "Nutella" can sponsor the jersey. Just think about it: Free Nutella giveaways at games, a nutella stand selling nice italian bread with nutella on top, or better yet waffles with nutella. Nutella already sponsors the Canadain National Team.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tsn3 View Post
    Canadian Tire (SportChek owner) and MLSE (Raptors and TFC) share the same advertising agency: SID LEE. They did the We The North campaign for Raptors.

However, seems limited if they use the SportChek brand on the shirts, no useful for all the US and Quebec exposure, just other Canadian provinces. I'm thinking it might be ManuLife, SunLife, Investor Group, etc.

I really do not see the value in a jersey sponsorship for a Canadian company will no real presence in the United States.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tsn3 View Post

Based on that article, Sporschek is looking to market their brand towards younger and urban crowd. I don't think TFC falls under that demo, so I don't think (based on article) Sportschek will be TFC jersey sponsor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I really do not see the value in a jersey sponsorship for a Canadian company will no real presence in the United States.
    If that's the case, I think TD Bank would be even more appropriate given their TD Waterhouse financial group in the US.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcp-ip View Post
    with the signing of Giovinco maybe "Nutella" can sponsor the jersey. Just think about it: Free Nutella giveaways at games, a nutella stand selling nice italian bread with nutella on top, or better yet waffles with nutella. Nutella already sponsors the Canadain National Team.
    Yeah cause the two big beers at the game wasn't hurting my waistline enough

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    If that's the case, I think TD Bank would be even more appropriate given their TD Waterhouse financial group in the US.
    or Tim Hortons (many US based locations)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    It would, but BMO is still involved so that's out. Funny thing is TD is the official bank of the DC United.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking around and Honda Canada would be a nice fit. Red logo, they sponsor Liverpool FC as well as a bunch of events in North America. 36th richest company in Canada with operations here in Ontario. Can you believe Costco is the 26th largest company in Canada?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Kia is already a primary sponsor, no way another auto company gets a major sponsorship.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    I was looking around and Honda Canada would be a nice fit. Red logo, they sponsor Liverpool FC as well as a bunch of events in North America. 36th richest company in Canada with operations here in Ontario. Can you believe Costco is the 26th largest company in Canada?
    Honda does sponsor Indy Eleven so there is a precedent I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does any know when we can expect New Jersey's, Itching to get Giovinco Jersey's Need 8 of them!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting to wonder if the club is having a hard time drumming up a tier one sponsor for the kit. I suppose the other possibility is waiting until closer to the start of the season, but I can't see why you wouldn't want to get selling kits right away. Maybe they're waiting for the Adidas sweat shops to finish producing enough for retail sales.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't there a reveal week where MLS teams show off the new kits?

There was last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kit yes, but I can't imagine the club sitting on revealing it's sponsor for a league initiative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    or Tim Hortons (many US based locations)
    Timbits Soccer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have any recent pics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had not thought of this much but with a new shirt sponsor I am going to have to pony up a buy a new jersey so I don't look like a dork* with an out dated shirt (*well anymore than usual of course).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCwestcan View Post
    I had not thought of this much but with a new shirt sponsor I am going to have to pony up a buy a new jersey so I don't look like a dork* with an out dated shirt (*well anymore than usual of course).
    No way dude. "Outdated" kits are classic. I love seeing year one Dichio and Edu kits when at the games. No such thing as outdated. Don't get pressured by "the man" to buy anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not be surprised if its Tim Hortons or TD Waterhouse. I know T.D. Canada Trust have somw Interest South Of the Border, With BankNorth.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    No way dude. "Outdated" kits are classic. I love seeing year one Dichio and Edu kits when at the games. No such thing as outdated. Don't get pressured by "the man" to buy anything.
    This. Don't be a pawn or let your self get ed. One thing I greatly admire about RPBs is that they spend to support the team. But don't let themselves become corporate pawns. Not quite King Dave style - more line ensco style. Hard not to admire that.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always have more respect for the older shirts. Like when you see someone wearing a 10+ year old jersey for their european club of choice or what have you. It just looks cooler when someone rocks an old strip (I have some old shirts from the 90s that come out on big game days).

So yeah... there's no such thing as an out dated soccer shirt. The more dated the better.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKR View Post
    I always have more respect for the older shirts. Like when you see someone wearing a 10+ year old jersey for their european club of choice or what have you. It just looks cooler when someone rocks an old strip (I have some old shirts from the 90s that come out on big game days).

So yeah... there's no such thing as an out dated soccer shirt. The more dated the better.
    I have to say, the first Red jersey TFC had is one simply I can't wear, the thing does not breath at all, it turns you into a sweaty mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

primo

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be surprised if its anyone other than Kia.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm eagerly awaiting this announcement as well. I'm now stuck with a $125 Authentic Defoe jersey that I will never wear again. I would love if MLSE had offered something of a "trade-in" for those like myself that got burned... but there are never any guarantees when buying a jersey. I want a new one to rock in Seattle and Vancouver this year but would either like to wait for the new sponsor versions or buy an existing one on sale...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkinVanCity View Post
    I'm eagerly awaiting this announcement as well. I'm now stuck with a $125 Authentic Defoe jersey that I will never wear again. I would love if MLSE had offered something of a "trade-in" for those like myself that got burned... but there are never any guarantees when buying a jersey. I want a new one to rock in Seattle and Vancouver this year but would either like to wait for the new sponsor versions or buy an existing one on sale...
    I can't link to it directly but click "Crest Assured" on that page and it will show what they do offer for this kind of stuff.
    http://realsports.ca/Apparel/Featured/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    Probably broke 100 copyright rules, lol. Not the best jersey design, but, the sponsor would be awesome (I KNOW they couldn't afford it) but, it would be nice to have some REAL beer at BMO...although, I still don't think I could cough up $11 a pint.
    Live it, looks cool!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Please, not Tim Hortons!!! We would promoting that stereotype that all we drink is Timmies coffee. I guess there are worse things in life. Really just happy to not have a 'Montreal' bank on the shirt though.
    Looking back on this how horrible it would be to have the NON CANADIAN Tim's as our sponsor esp since 'Tim Burger King Hortons' is now dumping Canadian jobs after their aquistion and promise not to . (thanks Harper) , I would never buy any Tfc merchandise with their logo . .....Shit coffee and microwaved donuts been killing us for years anyway .