RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Live it, looks cool!
    nice
    I wouldn't mind Old Mill , at least if we bought some beer we would be getting a nice drink.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Looking back on this how horrible it would be to have the NON CANADIAN Tim's as our sponsor esp since 'Tim Burger King Hortons' is now dumping Canadian jobs after their aquistion and promise not to . (thanks Harper) , I would never buy any Tfc merchandise with their logo . .....Shit coffee and microwaved donuts been killing us for years anyway .
    Those losses are management related jobs not front line workers. It's common to see job losses in management level when two companies merge as one. You don't need two people to do same job (like in this case).

Btw: Tim Hortons rarely been a Canadian company in a while.

At this point: I would take any company as our shirt sponsor since TFC is having a hard time (or being very demanding) to find a new shirt sponsor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I watch interviews on their YouTube channel, the more I think TFC's sponsor will be KIA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    The more I watch interviews on their YouTube channel, the more I think TFC's sponsor will be KIA.
    For me that's a given.....I think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What makes you say that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You gotta think there is going to be spme kind of an announcement soon on the sponsership

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to go on the record and say BMO renews sponsorship with TFC. I have a feeling they were just as pissed come season end with the shitabyss that was taking place that they wanted out. With "reason to believe 2.0" taking place they will be back for more. as like any Torontonian is used to doing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no way I would buy a TFC jersey with kia on it (sorry to anyone who owns one)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    I'm going to go on the record and say BMO renews sponsorship with TFC. I have a feeling they were just as pissed come season end with the shitabyss that was taking place that they wanted out. With "reason to believe 2.0" taking place they will be back for more. as like any Torontonian is used to doing
    Maybe so, but I think they wanted to use money to sponsor Raptors this year instead of being jersey sponsor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EastYork View Post
    There is no way I would buy a TFC jersey with kia on it (sorry to anyone who owns one)
    i dont own one...whats the big deal.i got one with BMO on it and i dont bank at BMO...what do you drive??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Budgets are being rolled back at banks this year (at least from my experience). I'm sure ratings are a bit driver and they haven't been growing the way TFC might have hoped. Anyway, I think it will be a clean break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think no matter who the sponsor is there would people who would not want a jersey with their name on it. I for one wouldn't wear a Rogers jersey if it was given to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Youre a RPB and a sponsor would trump the crest? Poor form. That's a very shallow thing to say. Regardless of sponsor we should be grateful that companies out there are willing to invest in TFC and soccer in Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    I think no matter who the sponsor is there would people who would not want a jersey with their name on it. I for one wouldn't wear a Rogers jersey if it was given to me.
    Outliers for everything, in the end, have zero impact.
    Considering some of the other sponsors in the league, our's was pretty classy. Ultimately, you're the only one that cares. Not you specifically, but it's up to the individual.
    Last edited by Marc"2L"; 02-05-2015 at 03:03 AM.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Youre a RPB and a sponsor would trump the crest? Poor form. That's a very shallow thing to say. Regardless of sponsor we should be grateful that companies out there are willing to invest in TFC and soccer in Canada.
    Agree... We don't always agree with who puts on the crest or who sponsors is but you should always support TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    But don't you support TFC?....who is part owned by Rogers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will wear a TFC jersey regardless of who the sponsor is...well Budweiser might be my limit...it's the team crest and colours that I care about.
    That said, I have so many of the older ones now, I won't be rushing out to buy a new one. Hopefully a 75 % sale at the end of the season again. Paying $30 for my onyx jersey the last game against Montreal was much easier on the wallet.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkinVanCity View Post
    I'm eagerly awaiting this announcement as well. I'm now stuck with a $125 Authentic Defoe jersey that I will never wear again. I would love if MLSE had offered something of a "trade-in" for those like myself that got burned... but there are never any guarantees when buying a jersey. I want a new one to rock in Seattle and Vancouver this year but would either like to wait for the new sponsor versions or buy an existing one on sale...
    Which is why you wait until a player has established himself before running out and getting his shirt.

ANTZ says he needs 8 Giovinco jerseys. While I understand the excitement, I say to tread cautiously. You just don't know how this is going to turn out.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCwestcan View Post
    I had not thought of this much but with a new shirt sponsor I am going to have to pony up a buy a new jersey so I don't look like a dork* with an out dated shirt (*well anymore than usual of course).
    I've only got one TFC shirt. It says 'Toronto' across the front. Nothing on the back.

That'll never go out of style.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's lots of T-shirts, hoodies, etc., with no BMO logo and a bigger TFC logo than on the jerseys.
    Just in case it wasn't already mentioned here, no BMO on the jerseys in that game yesterday against the high school team.
    Last edited by Heepster; 02-05-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In honour of Bargnani, PRIMO should be the sponsor and GIO can make those Primo pasta commercials haaa

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand why people care about sponsors.

As long as it's not an ethically or morally corrupt company who has a warehouses full of kids in Bangladesh sewing soccer balls together with their teeth*, I will gladly take the investment in Toronto and Canadian soccer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post

As long as it's not an ethically or morally corrupt company who has a warehouses full of kids in Bangladesh sewing soccer balls together with their teeth*, I will gladly take the investment in Toronto and Canadian soccer.
    Well said.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post
    I've only got one TFC shirt. It says 'Toronto' across the front. Nothing on the back.

That'll never go out of style.
    oh please oh please oh please. That would be a treat if they gave us 1 year without a money grab...errr "sponsor" logo plastered on the front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Where did I say I would trump the crest? Just because I would not buy a kia jersey, doesn't mean I will stop chanting for 90+ minutes, stop supporting the club on the road, making flags and banners or even purchase TFC gear with no kia on it. I have my personal reasons for not wanting to advertise kia and I believe I am entitled to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    oh please oh please oh please. That would be a treat if they gave us 1 year without a money grab...errr "sponsor" logo plastered on the front.
    QFT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post

I couldn't wear a lot of TFC kit at work. I worked at a Bank... it wasn't BMO. They frowned on people wearing the logo of a rival. :P

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they do not find a sponsor, they could put a logo of a charity foundation, which would then most likely be the MLSE Team up foundation

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcp-ip View Post
    If they do not find a sponsor, they could put a logo of a charity foundation, which would then most likely be the MLSE Team up foundation
    I would be down for this.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys saw this right?