Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    What a crock of left wing shit. You outed yourself with the old Harper is the bogeyman crap and turned this into a political discussion. Sorry but I don't think you should be using this forum for that. What's next. How about "Global warming is the root cause of all of TFC's problems so we shouldn't buy gas for our cars so that we can win". Soldiers deserve any honour we can give them even if it's a lousy ticket to a lousy soccer game.
    Outed myself? I have been pretty upfront with my left politics for years on this forum, but a bit of a logical fallacy to focus on that rather than the discussion at hand. We haven't 'turned this into a political discussion', the issue was political to start off with.

People who are fine with this should obviously go to the game. I just had forgotten that this would be the nature of the game tomorrow until I read the blog, and thought I'd share the post for others who might have similar concerns or might want to have discussions regarding the matter. No need for attacking fellow supporters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely understand if people want to boycott this game based on how they feel about the military and how it's used.

I don't see the harm of some civilized discussion on the merits of bringing the military (which is inherently political) into sports (which have been politicized to various degrees).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vast majority of the fans at the game won't give a shit. it's been going on for years and this is an issue now?

forget the 'politics' or whatever. this is probably the most important game of the season. COYR
    Last edited by Yohan; 09-20-2014 at 04:00 PM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who said conservatives do not watch soccer?......haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    We haven't 'turned this into a political discussion', the issue was political to start off with.
    No its not. And don't keep repeating it like its true. You think its political. That doesn't make it political.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    No its not. And don't keep repeating it like its true. You think its political. That doesn't make it political.
    No its not. And don't keep repeating it like its true. You think its apolitical. That doesn't make it apolitical.

Make an actual argument instead of simply making a statement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will miss your support tomorrow champ. Don't know what we'll do with your protest of two.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Red Patch Boys support the sacrifice that people in our military have done, and our name reflects that.

That is totally separate from whether you support 'just war," are a pacifist, or whatever.

This discussion is inappropriate to our members who are part of the Canadian military, and can be seen to be dismissive of their sacrifices. That goes against part of the DNA of our group, so this discussion is being closed. Thanks for your contributions.

It is also off-topic from football. There is a section for that, but it is not open to non-members.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 09-20-2014 at 05:07 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys. Let's keep it civil.

A civil discussion about something like this is true patriotism/democracy on both sides of the topic.

But keep it civil.