Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    No, I agree with Yohan. No composure whatsoever; or, more to the point, no decision making skills. It's not that he looks flustered, he just makes a lot of bad decisions which, later in the game, translates into rushing his decisions and either playing a safe outlet or losing the ball.

He also doesn't track the play defensively, doesn't hustle back to cover his zone.

Bekker has tons of technique so I can see Vanney thinking he's a worthwhile project. But he's done nothing to show it so far; he plays arrogantly, like he's a lot better than he is, and that doesn't usually bode well for future development. Look at Mattocks, who is a physically dominant player with Olympic speed and a three-foot vertical jump, and actually looked worse last season than in his first year. Same basic problem.
    I think you have basically hit the nail on the head. Lack of composure & poor decisions under pressure are the sort of thing that would be magnified in a game situation (vs practice), which could explain why Vanney (and Nelsen before) rate him. I could easily see him being the kind of player that is a standout in practice where the pressure is much lower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think it's possible Bloom asked to be unprotected and some handshake deal is in effect with Orlando to let him go to live with his new family.

As for Bekker and Moore, Vanney sees something there I guess.
    This was my first thought. They want Bloom, and he wants to go back and there is a handshake deal of some sort to allow that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Wait, if Henry's protected due to being a homegrown despite the fact that his loan is up, does that mean we still own his MLS rights?
    That's a good question. We sold him for a fee, which usually means losing the MLS rights. But I'm not sure how that works for HG players...

Paging Yohan.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Delgado a right back? Maybe the idea is to slot him there next year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSsoccer.com's mock draft had us losing Bloom and Dike:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ty-fc-pick-wed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Interesting, so management might have plans to upgrade at RB. I'm for it, Bloom is average at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    This was my first thought. They want Bloom, and he wants to go back and there is a handshake deal of some sort to allow that.
    If Orlando really wanted him (of which there has been no indication thus far), they could've just traded for him. TFC would've done it for allocation greater than they would've got if he's picked in the draft. As it stands now NYC could take him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Orlando really wanted him (of which there has been no indication thus far), they could've just traded for him. TFC would've done it for allocation greater than they would've got if he's picked in the draft. As it stands now NYC could take him.
    If I were Orlando I wouldn't offer much for Bloom as he isn't worth it. He is one of our typically overvalued TFC players that is basically great because of his low wages. He'll be going to Orlando (if they pick him) as depth or so it looks. You don't get a lot of allocation for bench depth especially with the expansion draft looming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"If NYCFC or Orlando City SC selects a Supplemental Roster Player, it must offer him a Senior Roster position and he must remain on the Senior Roster as of Roster Compliance Date"
    Do you suppose this is why Daniel Lovitz was left unprotected? They would have to offer him a senior roster spot which would mean a higher salary or am I understanding this incorrectly?

Also, how many International Players have we left unprotected? There are restrictions on the numbers of international players that can be left unprotected. Since Bekker was protected, do you think it's because they had no choice. Bekker would count as International for NYCFC and OCSC.

Just trying to makes sense of the protected list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were Orlando I wouldn't offer much for Bloom as he isn't worth it. He is one of our typically overvalued TFC players that is basically great because of his low wages. He'll be going to Orlando (if they pick him) as depth or so it looks. You don't get a lot of allocation for bench depth especially with the expansion draft looming.
    Depth? He'd be their starting RB. The only two players on the current roster that can play RB are kids that have never played an MLS game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bloom and Morrow might have been the best FB pairing in the league the first 10 games. We know multiple players were run into the ground by Nelsen as the season wore on, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's what caused his drop-off in form. I'll be sad if we lose a starter like him considering the wages he's on and what he's brought to the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Bloom and Morrow might have been the best FB pairing in the league the first 10 games. We know multiple players were run into the ground by Nelsen as the season wore on, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's what caused his drop-off in form. I'll be sad if we lose a starter like him considering the wages he's on and what he's brought to the team.
    totally. I would consider Bloom a big loss if he ends up being picked. on to the whole 'he wants to be with his family thing', wtf. He's in the wrong profession if it means that much to him. Whatever i don't blame the team for leaving him unprotected if he went to management and requested that and i don't blame him for asking if it's so important to him, but still it pisses me off. Bloom is most definitely a keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKR View Post
    totally. I would consider Bloom a big loss if he ends up being picked. on to the whole 'he wants to be with his family thing', wtf. He's in the wrong profession if it means that much to him. Whatever i don't blame the team for leaving him unprotected if he went to management and requested that and i don't blame him for asking if it's so important to him, but still it pisses me off. Bloom is most definitely a keeper.

no he's a RB.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the "Bloom is overvalued" camp. Have to remember his salary is likely moving up. He was okay relative to what we have had in the past but he was by no means unreplaceable. We picked up Marky Delgado and given his salary and MLS experience, I'm guessing he'll be at least comparable to the Bloom of the last few years.

On the other hand, I'm glad we protected Moore. I think he did pretty well and with better service, him and Gilberto can be a successful pair. He's a quiet dude but I liked the passion he showed when playing Columbus. Also if the transfer rumours are accurate, he might be a decent asset to keep in the stable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Depth? He'd be their starting RB. The only two players on the current roster that can play RB are kids that have never played an MLS game.
    Have you taken a look at what other fullbacks are available today? Beyond fighting with Ramos and Turner for space along the back I expect Orlando to grab at least some of Wingert, Ashe, Gonzalez, or even Gargan.

I think a lot of people really overrate Bloom. He is average and that's it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a little bit funny that anyone is getting bent out of shape about potentially losing Bloom. Had anyone heard of him before coming to TFC? My point being, if TFC had strong scouting in place at the NASL/USL Pro level I don't think it is that much of a stretch that there is another "Mark Bloom" out there right now. In fact, I'd almost guarantee it.

Re Bekker - my suspicion is that TFC are paranoid about having ANOTHER player let go for nothing (or next to) and have them go on and be successful somewhere else. I had a 'source' tell me there was an offer for him this summer, so it would look pretty bad if they turned it down and they had him out available in the draft.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    It's a little bit funny that anyone is getting bent out of shape about potentially losing Bloom. Had anyone heard of him before coming to TFC? My point being, if TFC had strong scouting in place at the NASL/USL Pro level I don't think it is that much of a stretch that there is another "Mark Bloom" out there right now. In fact, I'd almost guarantee it.

Re Bekker - my suspicion is that TFC are paranoid about having ANOTHER player let go for nothing (or next to) and have them go on and be successful somewhere else. I had a 'source' tell me there was an offer for him this summer, so it would look pretty bad if they turned it down and they had him out available in the draft.
    Agree with everything here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not concerned with losing Bloom either. If we want to be contenders, there was a need to upgrade at RB.

I am however perplexed by the decision to protect Bekker instead of Lovitz. I think Lovitz has greater potential, and demonstrated the ability to have more of a positive impact on the pitch at this stage of his career.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I am however perplexed by the decision to protect Bekker instead of Lovitz. I think Lovitz has greater potential, and demonstrated the ability to have more of a positive impact on the pitch at this stage of his career.
    The thing with Bekker is that he still gets Canada calls and looks okay for the NT. That always confused me. Occasionally he looked useful for us too. I think he has skill and I don't think he is as clueless or as lost in the headlights as he is with us. I really thing he is a lazy prick. Half asses training and matches due to whatever, entitlement? Being at home? etc.

Maybe someone can turn him around. Maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovitz's skillset probably doesn't suit the modern game. If he was more creative or ruthless in front of goal, he's be a better asset to Vanney but he's just an old fashioned winger probably suited in a flat 4-4-2. That doesn't work well in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 where if he played in one of the 3, he requires creativity through the middle (E.g. Rosales, Rowe) or someone who has the ability to cut in from the wing or make smart runs (E.g. Manneh, Finlay).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's possible Bloom asked to be unprotected and some handshake deal is in effect with Orlando to let him go to live with his new family.
    I think that's pretty obvious what is happening.
    Vanney wouldn't want anyone here whose heart was somewhere else.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Lovitz's skillset probably doesn't suit the modern game.
    I wouldn't say this exactly but I also am not championing his skills either as I really didn't see enough to give a real opinion. Lots of guys come on and show something on poor teams in brief run outs. We had our share in the past as has (mostly) everyone else. I'm not going to be heartbroken if he is selected.

My worry for us, because we have a well defined history of idiocy mixed with bad luck, is that we already worked a deal to move Hagglund as rumored, then we'll lose Caldwell today, and Henry will not be loaned back in 2015. Then we can head into the new year with no CBs. I've been thinking about that since Monday.

But we could always do the reunion thing and pick up Attakora and Harden to bring back fond memories of the days of old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I think that's pretty obvious what is happening.
    Vanney wouldn't want anyone here whose heart was somewhere else.

His wife seems pretty excited about today's draft...

@EmmylouBloom 25m25 minutes ago
    I can tell my patients I'm busy during the draft right? @markbloom21

Mark Bloom@markbloom21 22m22 minutes ago

@EmmylouBloom they can wait
    0 replies 1 retweet 2 favorites
    Last edited by gdg_9; 12-10-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be very interesting if TFC loses two players in the draft. There are only 20 spots so to take two from one team would seem to indicate that they have pretty good players. That kind of goes against everything people believe about TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing who's available in this expansion draft almost makes me wish we were an expansion team. Would definitely pick up Rosales, Gordon, Grabavoy, Arnaud, Ashe, and Fagundez. Orlando could put together a pretty killer attack with Rosales, Fagundez, and Kaka behind Gordon. Though apparently NE made some kinda deal with both teams to not select Fagundez. Not sure why either team would agree to that though. If you want to keep the player, than protect him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that NYCFC is in a wood paneled board room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's on Live on Mlssoccer.com

Donovan Ricketts went first to Orlando from Portland, who can now protect someone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYC takes Ned Grabavoy first, taking vets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando takes Tony Cascio second.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NY takes Patrick Mullins.