RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin' d.

From the Bez article:

Bezbatchenko said he expected the salary cap to rise $1-million to $4-million after the next collective bargain agreement, allowing for more player investment.
    Wow, at least a 1/3 increase, up to a possible doubling of the cap in the next CBA? About bloody time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how often are the CBA agreements?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    mornin' d.

From the Bez article:

Wow, at least a 1/3 increase, up to a possible doubling of the cap in the next CBA? About bloody time.
    He meant a raise of $1 million making the new cap $4 million. Not a raise between 1 and 3 million.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    He meant a raise of $1 million making the new cap $4 million. Not a raise between 1 and 3 million.
    A $1-million raise to a $3-million cap is a 1/3 raise - meaning a "one-third" raise... Which is HUGE...

If it was in fact doubled (which I doubt would happen) that would be beyond massive...

My thought is though that the Cap should not be the length of the CBA - there needs to be room to move the cap, almost year-to-year based on revenues and TV deals - without the fear of a work stoppage looming each time...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carts View Post
    A $1-million raise to a $3-million cap is a 1/3 raise - meaning a "one-third" raise... Which is HUGE...

If it was in fact doubled (which I doubt would happen) that would be beyond massive...

My thought is though that the Cap should not be the length of the CBA - there needs to be room to move the cap, almost year-to-year based on revenues and TV deals - without the fear of a work stoppage looming each time...

Carts...
    So similar to NHL, where the Cap number is directly tied to league revenue.
    (Or at least what they consider Hockey-Related Revenue... but that's a whole other rabbit hole)

I agree, there needs to be some sort of mechanism for the cap, or more correctly "budget" to move with league growth.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we're going to have no choice but to address this recent news:

Argos owner receives multiple offers for club

Fate of Argos weighing on Braley's shoulders

A lot of talk today in the news about Braley receiving offers to buy the Argos. A sale to MLSE is still considered the best-case scenario for the football club - and BMO Field as the best possible future venue for the CFL team.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.