Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Matchday 27: Toronto at Chicago, Sat 13 Sept 830pm

Basically if TFC doesn't get at least a point against lowly Chicago, we are toast. Or almost toast. Next 2 games will define the season. And Chicago is in a middling form. Although they lost Mike Magee for the rest of the season, Earnshaw has started hot for them, and now Florent Sinama-Pongolle has signed for the Fire.

I'll be happy with a dreary 1-1 draw.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Basically if TFC doesn't get at least a point against lowly Chicago, we are toast. Or almost toast. Next 2 games will define the season. And Chicago is in a middling form. Although they lost Mike Magee for the rest of the season, Earnshaw has started hot for them, and now Florent Sinama-Pongolle has signed for the Fire.

I'll be happy with a dreary 1-1 draw.
    Earnshaw started hot for our team as well for a couple games but then cooled off. Hopefully he will cool off for them too and won't be putting any more past us this weekend. Hopefully Amarikwa won't be adding any more to his tally either against us. Hoping for us to pull out the first win in the Vanney era.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney does talk a good game

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we have the same backline and trouble scoring, I say TFC loses 2-0. If we get back Caldwell and Gilberto and Moore get back some form, then I could see a 2-1 victory for TFC. But I'm thinking it will be more like a 1-1 or 2-2 draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    If we have the same backline and trouble scoring, I say TFC loses 2-0. If we get back Caldwell and Gilberto and Moore get back some form, then I could see a 2-1 victory for TFC. But I'm thinking it will be more like a 1-1 or 2-2 draw.
    Chicago is one of the teams we need to get max points from to have a shot. We should be able to dominate their midfield and they have several players out. I'm going with 2-0 TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC is playing without confidence recently. I'm not optimistic especially since Chicago is the home team that will be getting all the calls from the ref. You never know though, maybe a road game is what they need without the pressure to not lose again in front of the home fans. Chicago is a very beatable team too.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You have to expect a win as it is really the only logical outcome that feeds the playoff push.

Now, I hope saying that we expect a win doesn't agitate any player... how dumb does that sound? Regardless, I believe the players want to win. The coach wants a win and Bez NEEDS a win.

I am optimistic for a win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the pressure has increased further with NY managing to score a goal to win the game in the dying minutes against DC. NY leap frog ahead with 36 points.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Now, I hope saying that we expect a win doesn't agitate any player.
    Firstly, you jinxed and shattered the fragile mental state of the squad by suggesting they should win the game. We should be talking about gelling and finding an identity and other fluff that doesn't upset the modern athlete .

Second. I am calling for a clean sheet. Against us. Again. And also a continuance of our anchor like descent into our usual positioning at the arse of the league table.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today should be a press day at Kia, I would think. Should hear about Caldwell and Morrow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Today should be a press day at Kia, I would think. Should hear about Caldwell and Morrow.

.......and more specific information on Defoe's return, please.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    You have to expect a win as it is really the only logical outcome that feeds the playoff push.

Now, I hope saying that we expect a win doesn't agitate any player... how dumb does that sound? Regardless, I believe the players want to win. The coach wants a win and Bez NEEDS a win.

Forget their feelings. They are "professionals" apparently, haha. Like you said tho we need the win. Not only to stay in the playoff hunt but to also make a statement that this team has fight in them.

A draw is the minimum we must have but that really doesn't do much for morale. Bradley keeps saying this team has fight left in it we need to see it.

Unfortunately with the state of the defensive line without Morrow/Caldwell back there this will be extremely tough. I think our offensive can clink but if we look back to a bunch of the most recent games its given up the early goal early that set's us back a ton. Without a healthy defense I am not overly optimistic. We tend to handicap ourselves so bad with these soft, soft goals. Not just lately but throughout the season whether it be penalties or defensive blunders.
    Last edited by pdubs; 09-11-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    Unfortunately with the state of the defensive line without Morrow/Caldwell back there this will be extremely tough.
    Add to that Henry suspended for yellow card accumulation and Morgan still serving his one game suspension for the red card two weeks ago (as per the MLS website) and we have almost nothing at the back barring miraculous horse-placenta laced healings. And Richter got sent back to Ottawa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T.F.C. have never won in Chicago so law of averages say now is the time.
    This could be the start of something new.
    I am going to bet the farm on a 2-0 win for T.F.C.
    This came to me in dream last night!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Add to that Henry suspended for yellow card accumulation and Morgan still serving his one game suspension for the red card two weeks ago (as per the MLS website) and we have almost nothing at the back barring miraculous horse-placenta laced healings. And Richter got sent back to Ottawa.
    Forgot about Henry! oh man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring back Garcia, Hscanovics, Iro, & Usanov! All answers to the ball moving defender conundrum be solved!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring back Garcia, Hscanovics, Iro, & Usanov! All answers to the ball moving defender conundrum be solved!
    Although if we're being honest, moving the ball into our own net probably shouldn't count.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caldwell is playing - I'm 99% sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caldwell is playing - I'm 99% sure.
    But is he good enough for a full 90 without risking missing the last 7 matches with more quad trouble?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But is he good enough for a full 90 without risking missing the last 7 matches with more quad trouble?
    Apparently not.

Vanny saying Morrow will play but Caldwell isn't ready yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out on a limb here, but 2-1 for the good guys. 1 for Gilberto and 1 for Moore. Fuck Defoe, he can stay home with his Tampon up his ass sideways.
    Last edited by Derko; 09-12-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Out on a limb here, but 2-1 for the good guys. 1 for Gilberto and 1 for Moore.
    I'd love to see a 3-nil TFC win with Gilberto scoring; from open play, free kick, penalty kick...

But I'll take a 2-1 win with Moore adding one!
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At first glance of this, I thought "did we not fire Nelsen", but then I heard a Canadian accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best coach with regards to interviews and media relations that's for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Best coach with regards to interviews and media relations that's for sure.
    After the last few abysmal displays by this team I'm forcing myself into a two week hiatus of watching. Here's hoping we can turn it around this week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's an interview Guru

Hope the team can walk the walk

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-1 loss.

Defence won't hold. Offence will move the ball around better.

If we do not see significant improvement from the last 2 games, with better ball movement and player movement off the ball, and a consistant high line, then Vanney is not being listened to and the players have given up.

We have to see TFC adjust to opponent's tactics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago has no Magee, no Earnshaw and no Pongolle as he doesn't have the proper Visa to play in the U.S. This should be an easy win for the Reds as Chicago really has nothing going for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

make or break tonight boys... if you can't beat Chicago then your not making the playoffs anyways. Bradley will have to carry this team on his back the rest of the way... he can't just be ok or good he has to be excellent. Morrow might be our best defender, so getting him back is huge. Gilberto has to be good... he needs to score. We're not a great team, but we have pieces that can sneak us in to the playoffs. common boys #tfc #believe