View Poll Results: Given up on post-season play?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

80 47.62%
  • No

65 38.69%
  • Dunno

23 13.69%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Looks like we are due for a win then....
    One would think so.

Given all the CF draws this season, I think either side would be surprised by a win.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Based on what I see on Soccerway.com, we've lost 4 times, tied 4 times, and won 0.
    No doubt those results were under 7 different managers with 7 completely different squads.

I don't think you can read anything into it, other than expect status quo to prevail.

What's that the French always say ? plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose ?

Too f'n right.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wince View Post
    Stick a fork in us. We're Done. I want to be proven wring but I voted Yes. Looking forward to 2015 and the expected changes to DP rules and salary cap. Then we'll be the team we dreamed of being, because we will outspend everyone else.

On a positive note, I snagged a TFC ball cap in the discount bin at Shopper's Drug Mart for the low, low price of $3.25! Season saved!
    Seriously? Sorry to go off-topic, but I've been looking for a cheap TFC cap all season that won't break the bank. I refuse to pay over 20 bucks for a hat. All I have at the moment is a straight-red cap I picked up at the dollar store for like 2 bucks. It's okay, but would like something with a logo on it.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I will never forget that in 2009, going into the final weekend, RSL had a 3% chance of making the playoffs, and went on to win the MLS Cup.

It's a weird league with a lot of parity. Nobody knows nothing.

Agreed... "any given Saturday" so to speak. It is all up to the players...

<RANT>
    From here on in, it has got sweet eff all to do with Luck, Vanney, Bez, Liewicker or the fans and supporters or whether Defoe ever comes back. It ALL has to do with ALL of the boys in the locker room and if they give a shit. To a man, they ALL have got to give a shit AND PROVE IT or the season is down the toilet. They have to not only give a shit THEY HAVE TO EFFING WELL SHOW UP. Not a few of them - ALL OF THEM. I have have seen sweet eff all to suggest that these guys COLLECTIVELY give a shit for the team or each other. Bloom, Dero, Bradley, Osorio, Caldwell maybe Gilberto they got heart, balls and can play on a winning team. But these few guys cannot carry the rest of their team on their back. I have seen so much crap, lack of attentiveness, thoughtlessness, sloppiness - a "who gives a damn" from many of the rest that I just don't think they give a fuck (as a team) to get to the playoffs, without even thinking that they might do anything in the playoffs, once they get there.

Defoe has mailed a few in and then gone MIA, Bendik - continue to pay attention and sweet jesus continue to improve your goddamn distribution. Defence and mid - next back pass should send you to Wilmington. Dominic - Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph you are fine to watch but you need to make a nice cross into the box, to a teammate, or our season is lost. Henry - head some more into their net, mark your goddamn player and the next crap red card or PK, you are fired!!! I don't give a goddamn if you are young, have potential, are a princess or are a Canuck - YOU ARE FIRED!! I may be slightly unfair to a few of the others, but the point is YOU HAVE TO PLAY AS A FOCUSED, REAL TEAM AND WANT TO WIN. I have seen very little of this all year - even when Defoe has saved the team's butt with a few game winners. The most balls I have seen all season is when Gilberto took the goddamn football, told "golden boy" Defoe to fuck off and then put the ball in the goddamn net. That may not have been teamwork - but he goddamn wants to contribute to the team and WIN. You guys can make tons of mistakes - that's OK - just play and care as a team. One guy on the field who isn't there or doesn't care or doesn't perform... you are all done. Done like a dinner, as Tiger used to say...

If you guys get a playoff game at BMO - then "mission accomplished" and you obviously must have played as a team. Anything less - you guys mailed it in and you are just another bunch of losers on yet another losing TFC team, who just could not get your shit together as a team. You will be nothing, you will be forgotten. Don't blame anyone else - just look in the mirror, and around the locker room. This is not Nelson's fault - nobody is buying it... there is way too much talent and experience in that locker room...

As far as I am concerned, this rant should be printed out (on 24" X 36" paper) and POSTED in the GODDAMN Toronto FC LOCKER ROOM!

</RANT>

I, unfortunately have not given up complete hope... I am such a goddamn sucker - I have to see them actually lose this opportunity, before I can believe it. There is so much talent from every last guy in that locker room that I am just astounded that they can't suck it up, stand as a team and deliver. It is up to the players - all of them. No. One. Else. Let's see what you got boyos!

... I apologize in advance for any hyperbole that might be in this post - for those who give a shit about hyperbole ... I know most fans and supporters could give a rat's ass about hyperbole...
    Last edited by tiberius; 09-10-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted yes. The last few games the team on the field demonstrated that they're not a playoff caliber team. Maybe they'll turn it around but I doubt it.

On the bright side we currently sit with picks 2, 7, and 8 in the upcoming draft. The downside is that very little talent now comes from the draft. That being said if Cyle Larin signs a GA he might be the kid to grab...if Montreal doesn't grab him first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certainly doesn't help that New York got a last minute win last night. Looking bleaker and bleaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    I voted yes. The last few games the team on the field demonstrated that they're not a playoff caliber team. Maybe they'll turn it around but I doubt it.

On the bright side we currently sit with picks 2, 7, and 8 in the upcoming draft. The downside is that very little talent now comes from the draft. That being said if Cyle Larin signs a GA he might be the kid to grab...if Montreal doesn't grab him first.
    There's still a chance we might make it, but I think you are right that this is not a playoff caliber team - just based on performance in the last 3 games alone. A lot will be riding on Saturday. If we don't show up for that one, then my belief will be gone. We just went through 3 extremely important games, and the team looked uninterested. No fight. No personality or creativity. Just mailed it in. Most of the team looked like they're already thinking about their next club. I don't understand why players don't want to live here, but I guess they don't.

It's a shame, really. But let's see on Saturday if we have a team, or if it's just business as usual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post

Isn't it 4,9 and 10? NYCFC and Orlando have picks 1 & 2, I thought?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    correct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh crap. Totally forgot about those

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also with the US camp coming up against Ecuador and Honduras we could be missing Bradley for Houston and New York (Oct 8 and 11) if he gets called up. Definitely not what we need for the run in.

Doug McIntyre@DougMacESPN8m
    Klinsmann wants "strongest squad possible” next month but bet on Toronto FC, with games Oct. 8+11, begging hard to keep Bradley. #usmnt
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the plus side maybe we can package all them up for a pile of allocation that we can let sit & never use and also grab some late round picks that we can release during pre-season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw Leiweke's quotes.

I change my vote. It's over.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided to take some time to way in on this. my opinion changed alot in that time but I came to the consensus of no. As long as we have a mathematical chance, I won't give up hope. Anything can happen in the MLS, especially if you play in the Eastern Conference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm Bradley, I'm doing my best "right lads: fuck the lot of them, we win for us" speech at the next team meeting.

I still think we have the personnel. I like what I hear from Vanney so far. It's still in the realm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    If I'm Bradley, I'm doing my best "right lads: fuck the lot of them, we win for us" speech at the next team meeting.

I still think we have the personnel. I like what I hear from Vanney so far. It's still in the realm.
    If I'm Bradley, I am thinking "what the eff have i done with my life?" and I am on my third bottle of vodka by now, and it's not even 9pm in Chicago.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

It is possible... but it is all up to a few leaders in the room to get the rest of them to play... Given the TL stuff of today, I have to agree with ensco,,, this team is done. There is no miracle on ice for these boys. I think we are going to watch an implosion. At this point, who really cares? A few guys in the locker room - sure, but they know they can't turn around a bunch of loser mentality sad sacks... Anyone else? Perhaps Vanney - but realistically, what does he really think? He probably knew he was a 10 game coach, before he agreed to give it a go...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must have missed something important. What dod TL say?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any chance you could expand on the TL quotes? I saw he said that he'd be shocked if Defoe was back but that's about it.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    We agree with Bradley -

"We’re not even close to giving up" . . .
    I think the "we" he was referring to was DeRo, Bendik and himself. The other 8 on the pitch last week sure looked like they did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    8 games left, still in the mix but a long losing streak. How do you feel?

Trying very hard to stay positive.

Just need the team to give me some hope with their play.

They're in a good position still, but were at the point were every game is so much more precious than before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This season has been terrible. i dont think i will renew my season tickets .. i can watch the games on TV in protest.

There is no STABILITY. No plan. No organization.

Look at vancouver, they are building a CLUB and have a club level strategy:
    1. latin american scouting system - Manager is ex-Latin American scout; speaks spanish and portugese; played in EPL and MLS. Have a transfer target list for DP and below DP players, target latin american b/c far better value for $ than in europe transfer market.
    2. Spent money on Residency/Academy from day one is already producing 1st team players. Heck, their academy team almost beat our 1st team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    1. latin american scouting system - Manager is ex-Latin American scout; speaks spanish and portugese; played in EPL and MLS. Have a transfer target list for DP and below DP players, target latin american b/c far better value for $ than in europe transfer market.
    This is something the team should address. At a minimum: have a spanish speaker on the coaching staff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    This season has been terrible. i dont think i will renew my season tickets .. i can watch the games on TV in protest.

There is no STABILITY. No plan. No organization.

Look at vancouver, they are building a CLUB and have a club level strategy:
    2. Spent money on Residency/Academy from day one is already producing 1st team players. Heck, their academy team almost beat our 1st team.

Great decision.. You can actually still support team and players from home .. Supporting MLSE pockets is the wrong message .. Leaf Nation is the example of what NOT to do .. Qman at least you have a plan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask me again after tonight's game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Ask me again after tonight's game.

I have given up...

Point taken Jack the President .. Fair enough !! we all have opinions don't we ?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inheavensince07 View Post
    I have given up...

Point taken Jack the President .. Fair enough !! we all have opinions don't we ?
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Jack I have a tonne of respect for you even tho I don't know you .. Your posts and responses are well thought out and cover off all important points that you need to make .. There is a reason why you are the President I am guessing , you process things and then respond ..

I still hold the opinion that the RPB are the only ones with any really power to change things there .. I truly believe in many moving mountains , and I believe that if something drastic was done in the long terms the owners may have to rethink things or sell the team ..

I am sorry if I have hurt feelings over the internet in the forum I am not attacking anyone personally ..

Peace and Love

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inheavensince07 View Post
    Jack I have a tonne of respect for you even tho I don't know you .. Your posts and responses are well thought out and cover off all important points that you need to make .. There is a reason why you are the President I am guessing , you process things and then respond ..

I still hold the opinion that the RPB are the only ones with any really power to change things there .. I truly believe in many moving mountains , and I believe that if something drastic was done in the long terms the owners may have to rethink things or sell the team ..

I am sorry if I have hurt feelings over the internet in the forum I am not attacking anyone personally ..

Peace and Love
    I appreciate the vote of confidence and I agree that collective effort can make a difference, but you are mistaken on one point. I'm not the president any longer and haven't been for several years. That honour/role/cross to bear now lies with Phil, although I do, of course, continue to offer my input and advice to RPB leadership, even when they don't necessarily want to hear it

I also understand that you're passionate about TFC and feel strongly that protest or no-shows are the way to go, but remember that there are many who don't feel that way and, no matter how you may rail against them, you won't get them to do it. I've learned a great deal about that and seen the results of going down the road of angry protest. It can often be a lonely road, although it has had moments of effectiveness in the past. There is also a great deal that goes on behind the scenes that doesn't, and often cannot, get made public. But rest assured, supporters groups are not taking this situation lightly and are in constant and not-always-friendly (but usually respectful) communication with the TFC brass.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy