View Poll Results: Given up on post-season play?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

80 47.62%
  • No

65 38.69%
  • Dunno

23 13.69%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are probably right about Morrow, I was just looking at the list, it's a weak position in MLS.

I stand by the rest, though. They are all generally (in some cases vastly) overrated here. Although there is good depth there, we do not have more than one bonafide non DP starter.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Predicting it now. We tie the Red Bull, beat Montreal and lose to New England. That loss to Houston was the season. Maybe we pull a tie out in new england, but only if they are resting players for the playoffs. For me, them and DC are the best in the east by a bit.
    If Montreal beats New England, there is absolutely no way we should lose to either of those teams in our last two games. Otherwise, that would suggest we are worse than Montreal. To lose to Montreal would be my nightmare end to the season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Agreed. Surprising he has vanished. I like Hagglund, he has great potential, but Henry is further ahead IMHO
    Henry has great soccer instincts as well, yes he's a bull in a china shop at times , but how many times has he slid to stop a good goal scoring opportunity . For his size he's quick .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    If Montreal beats New England, there is absolutely no way we should lose to either of those teams in our last two games. Otherwise, that would suggest we are worse than Montreal. To lose to Montreal would be my nightmare end to the season.
    watch out , we are Toronto and now like the Leafs teams relish visiting and taking over . Sad

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still hopeful we can sneak in; you have to think that Red Bull will be playing like a shark to blood in water, and looking to finish as high as possible, making a statement, in so doing (against The Crew). Philly, whilst maybe out of the running for that final playoff spot, will have ALL the motivation they need to play spoiler in Columbus, after giving up three goals in four minutes, to lose 2-3 on their own patch.

It's no longer entirely in our hands, but remember a very mediocre RSL side, back in 2009, and the heights they've reached, since.

Keep hope alive, lads.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Have you given up hope?

Looks like Vanney has...

"Our playoff drive is over," Greg Vanney said, an acknowledgment that his team was essentially eliminated from the playoffs after their third loss in a row. "They're frustrated. They're coming to grips."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/toro...ulls-1.2796345

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well at this point anyone who thinks we have a chance should probably be hospitalized. The chances of Columbus not getting at least a draw over their next two games are already incredibly slim... and we have to win both of ours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're done. As simple as that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leiwike made it sound like getting into the playoffs was easy.

I thought we could do it with the team we had.

I was wrong. Our defence wasn't good enough and, it turns out, those flashy wing type players didn't do the job on offence either.

From where we started last season, to get into the playoffs would require a monumental turn of fortune that is rare in MLS. Yes, DCU is doing it this season, but that doesn't make that sort of turn around easy.

To get into the playoffs in 2015 from where we are today is very doable. Next season, I will take getting into the playoffs as a probable. Until we get over that line, I won't believe again that this team will do it. Can? Yes. Will get into the playoffs? Won't believe we will do it till its done.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-11-2014 at 11:02 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Have you given up hope?

Looks like Vanney has...

"Our playoff drive is over," Greg Vanney said, an acknowledgment that his team was essentially eliminated from the playoffs after their third loss in a row. "They're frustrated. They're coming to grips."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/toro...ulls-1.2796345
    Hopefully they can at least beat Montreal in the last home game and give us something to cheer about even though they are admitting it is over this year. Maybe play for their jobs and the fans at least. I will still show up to pick up my toque. I think most of us knew at least a few games ago it was pretty much over. New England they can play all of our backups...whatever. Hello price freeze Mr. Lewieke said TFC will make the playoffs when asked about ticket price increases for next year and if TFC do they deserve a raise....if they don't then we will talk....let's see what TL has to say.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Leiwike made it sound like getting into the playoffs was easy.

I thought we could do it with the team we had.

I was wrong. Our defence wasn't good enough and, it turns out, those flashy wing type players didn't do the job on offence either.

From where we started last season, to get into the playoffs would require a monumental turn of fortune that is rare in MLS. Yes, DCU is doing it this season, but that doesn't make that sort of turn around easy.

To get into the playoffs in 2015 from where we are today is very doable. Next season, I will take getting into the playoffs as a probable. Until we get over that line, I won't believe again that this team will do it. Can? Yes. Will get into the playoffs? Won't believe we will do it till its done.
    call me crazy but if we had 2 wingers that could simply ACCURATELY cross , we could have not only won last night but past games as well . I would not miss both Oduro and Jackson.....both obviously have never been taught by any real coach . Any coach worth his salt would say if you continue disregarding your superior scorers and refuse to pass first and learn to cross properly you're benched !....screw speed . Simply learn all about first touches and then make that 2nd touch WORK . We were playing tactical soccer at the start of the game then boom Kamura makes 1 run with a marvelous cross right on the toes and boom game over .......(btw, Calwell saw it but was simply too slow in reacting , Henry would have got it.....maybe with a penalty , maybe not.....We need a coach that benches players who don`t tow the line but ironically recognizes soccer players need to have the freedom to create .....tough call.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Hopefully they can at least beat Montreal in the last home game and give us something to cheer about even though they are admitting it is over this year. Maybe play for their jobs and the fans at least. I will still show up to pick up my toque. I think most of us knew at least a few games ago it was pretty much over. New England they can play all of our backups...whatever. Hello price freeze Mr. Lewieke said TFC will make the playoffs when asked about ticket price increases for next year and if TFC do they deserve a raise....if they don't then we will talk....let's see what TL has to say.
    I may be wrong but I think Mr. T.L. is a lame duck......with no say anymore.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano