Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=molenshtain;playistically, if we can build on this second half, we're still better than Chivas. They really have nothing at this point.[/QUOTE]

Only problem is we play chicago on the road next week, another loss, chivas is the week after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryan Nelsen's coaching of the movement up top is still hurting this team. Defensively we were okay but atttack wise I've seen better movement from strikers on u12 teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 posts hit today ahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    ^Yep. Same way Nelson had us. Just too flat. Even if we act more aggressive and send more forward it is all hoof.

Really like to see a 4-3-3 formation.
    Well if vic rauter really heard vanney acost hagglund for hoofing the ball maybe he wants it but just can't get it with the players he has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Ryan Nelsen's coaching of the movement up top is still hurting this team. Defensively we were okay but atttack wise I've seen better movement from strikers on u12 teams.
    Next year, let's start from scratch, AGAIN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok gents. Here is a simple way of figuring out if things are good or bad based on how we see them.

Was Bradley's free kick good or bad?

To me:

It's garbage. And him hitting the cross bar on the left foot (while it's an exhibition of real talent) makes it even worse because it's a mask that lies to people.

He shouldn't have been taking it to begin with. He shot the ball in the middle of wall...height and width. Terrible. Bradley has taken soooooo many like that this year. Complete shit.

Gilberto took a better one earlier in the game. He should have taken it.

But because he hit the bar on a rebound he created by taking a shit shot to begin with, people will see it as a positive.

It's not. In my opinon.

The masks cover why we are shit.

We still a playoff team?

Games in hand...gone. Point lead...gone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In case anyone had any doubts, we're still TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booing again this week from the fans. Same old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    Next year, let's start from scratch, AGAIN.
    No our core is good. Upgrade the CBs. New DP once Defoe goes. AND get an experienced coach starting since last Saturday. We deserve and should demand it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We seriously need a new tactical approach, a new coach, a new DP AM, a new... ah... hell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, this is like back to vintage TFC where we say "well it was better than last game, but still miles away from getting the win."

So much for playing harder under the new coach... they look just as lazy as they did before we got rid of the novice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    Booing again this week from the fans. Same old.
    Booing at the end of a game is not enough. Hasn't been for seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No our core is good. Upgrade the CBs. New DP once Defoe goes. AND get an experienced coach starting since last Saturday. We deserve and should demand it.
    What's our core exactly? Osorio is an asset, Henry/Bednik/Creavalle are serviceable, Braldey is good.. but otherwise, we need to replace players all over the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what is our core?

Gilberto and Bradley and.............

I'd say Osorio is the only bright future player and he isn't played right. The rest could come or go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s View Post

That's alot of upgrades, hence starting from scratch practically, what did you see today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't tell who is a good player when the system makes everyone look bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Disagree. We're now seeing in clear vision what was often hidden when we played like a bottom feeder staving on relegation hiding in our own 18 yard box.

These guys can stand on their stations when we play defensively and don't ever commit to going forward but they can't connect simple passes or make obvious runs into space. That was never going to be good enough regardless of what system we played. Most of our success this year was based on one hot striker who walked out on the team, end of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy hell, this team.

My god what did we collectively do in our past lives.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    it's partly what players the team has, but Vanney didn't get the tactics right again. another rookie coach in Jim Curtin outmaneuvered him.

if you know your back 4 sucks, you have to protect it. or go all balls deep offensive game. nobody was organizing shit on defence again. Orr is right back by trade, and he isn't doing good enough job as CB organizing. so if you have a weak back 4, you have to shield it, and you do this by either play 2 DMs and play on the counter or put your best DM, Bradley. Vanney did neither. no wonder TFC defence looked like shambles. changing formation is going to jack shit if you don't have a strong defence to work off as a foundation (unless you're going for a 4-3 win like Chile)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disagree. We're now seeing in clear vision what was often hidden when we played like a bottom feeder staving on relegation hiding in our own 18 yard box.

These guys can stand on their stations when we play defensively and don't ever commit to going forward but they can't connect simple passes or make obvious runs into space. That was never going to be good enough regardless of what system we played. Most of our success this year was based on one hot striker who walked out on the team, end of.
    Even that one hot striker is given too much credit, makes it 7 or 8 legit goals, minus pks,
    2 in the first game by the way......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our core is

Bendik (serviceable MLS keeper)
    Hagglund, Henry,Bloom,Morrow,Crevalle -Missing 1,2 MLS starting CBs. Atleast one.
    Bradley, Lovitz (been impressed with him), Osorio, ----->thought when Oduro/Jackson were picked up they were MLS experienced players. I say keep one, drop the other and replace.
    Gilberto, Moore, Dike, Hamilton (too soon but in the pipe)

So LB depth, 1-2 CB, DP midfielder

I think saying it is all from scratch is very harsh. We knew we needed another CB at the start of the year. Clearly we need a backup LB too.

edit- and an experienced manager not married to a flat 4-4-2
    Last edited by pdubs; 09-06-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovitz, Creavalle,Henry, Hagglund, Morrow, Bendik, Roberts, Bradley, Osorio, Gilberto, Moore are probably all good enough to play roles on good teams. That's a pretty fine core in and of itself.

Warner, Bekker, Jackson, Oduro, Bloom Dike still need to make a case as to how they can consistently contribute.

Orr, Weideman Morgan, De Ro, and Caldwell and Defoe will unlikely be here next year.

What we need is two new wingers, A new DP AM to replace defoe, and a sure fire "fuck you I'm the best CB in the league" type player at the back. Depth isn't so much an issue for us, it's having difference makers throughout the starting lineup. right now we have Bradley and Gilberto who can make something happen relatively consistently, and not much else after that. if you look at Philly today, they had Le Toux, Casey, Noguiera, Maidana, all running circles around our listless midfield. then they brought on danny cruz. we have so few skilled players.

and we need to stop playing 4-4-2. just stop. We don't have the players for it.

Edit: I see pdubs and I think alike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our core is

Bendik (serviceable MLS keeper)
    Hagglund, Henry,Bloom,Morrow,Crevalle -Missing 1,2 MLS starting CBs. Atleast one.
    Bradley, Lovitz (been impressed with him), Osorio, ----->thought when Oduro/Jackson were picked up they were MLS experienced players. I say keep one, drop the other and replace.
    Gilberto, Moore, Dike, Hamilton (too soon but in the pipe)

So LB depth, 1-2 CB, DP midfielder

I think saying it is all from scratch is very harsh. We knew we needed another CB at the start of the year. Clearly we need a backup LB too.
    I think this is pretty optimistic. If we took that core and went player-for-player with any of the top 10 teams in the league would we come out favourably?

No way Dike can be on that list either. He's one injury away from the end of a career and rarely stays healthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fundamentals just don't seem to be there, never have really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same old TFC even if we had the best player in the world we would still find ways to lose it all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another game in which we got dominated, but won overall possession clearly (58-42 in our favour).

Could there be any more obvious sign we need a coach who knows what he's doing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is pretty optimistiI . If we took that core and went player-for-player with any of the top 10 teams in the league would we come out favourably?

No way Dike can be on that list either. He's one injury away from the end of a career and rarely stays healthy.

Yeah, but if that Dike kid can stay healthy, lookout.....i rate him. They are making a big deal about zardes in LA , Dike is better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is it always that at TFC we can't connect simple passes it seems but when players move to other teams suddenly they can?

We play a flat 4 back line at all times. In attack, in defence. The gap between our midfield and defence is sometimes 20 yards. I can't remember seeing a professional team exhibit these characteristics until the creation of TFC. Certainly not in Europe. Maybe in South America where they don't care about tactics as much but I don't actually remember seeing it.

I see it in youth house league matches but those kids aren't getting paid to stand around like idiots so they don't count.

"Hey Henry, you're going to play CB today. The other team's attackers are going to have a 20 yard cushion between you and your midfield so that they can comfortably get on the ball, turn and run at you. Please stop them every time. If you try to pressure them so that they can't get on the ball and turn, you will not have any back pressure from your teammates to help you. When you get the ball your fullbacks will not push up. They will literally stand perfectly square to you so that they take themselves out of the build-up. Don't pass to them. We would like you to find one of the two strikers standing beside each other 40 yards down field. We don't have binoculars for you, that's why we decided to put two strikers beside each other so you can improve your chances that way. Bradley will sometimes come for the ball, the other guy beside him won't. So ya, good luck."

"Henry sucks."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Another game in which we got dominated, but won overall possession clearly (58-42 in our favour).

Could there be any more obvious sign we need a coach who knows what he's doing...
    I don't know if Vanney understands the game but I'm not interested in taking enough time to figure it out.

We just need an experienced, winning, coach here period. I'll live and die by that and give him two years minimum to get it right, maybe three.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a DM, and a CD. Get that for next season and we'll compete at this time of the season.

Bradley did pretty good in the second half when he went bombing forward. Something to build around with him and Gilberto.

This season's done. Defence ain't getting better.