RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Reffing/Refs in MLS Thread

To keep track of all the refs and reffing stuff in MLS.

http://backpagefootball.com/top-iris...ateside/64171/

MLS hiring Irish ref to officiate league games.

This is pretty big. Basically admitting that MLS refs need a lot of work, so working with PRO to train and bring up the quality of refs in general, while adding in some seasoned foreign refs in meantime.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every little bit helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a start atleast

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...b-world-cup-ne

Mark Geiger picked to ref CWC game
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/mlscup/2013...middle-mls-cup

Hilario Grajeda interview. He will be the ref for MLS Cup

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Petrescu sucks?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/mlscup/2013...middle-mls-cup

Hilario Grajeda interview. He will be the ref for MLS Cup
    Good thing they didn't pick Toledo. Thanks for posting this, he seems to have a lot of common sense, a good attribute in a ref.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CommradePolski View Post
    Petrescu sucks?
    I believe last year mls players voted he was the best mls referee, last year anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I'd really like to see is the CSA set up opportunities for our refs in other pro leagues while MLS is in off-season mode.
    Especially those that are on the FIFA list, send them over to foreign leagues and let them continue their development.
    Our refs have little opportunity for development in CONCACRAP.

It's not like Montagliani doesn't have any connections......

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CommradePolski View Post
    Petrescu sucks?
    speaking of him...

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4175/...s-journey-from

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
    What I'd really like to see is the CSA set up opportunities for our refs in other pro leagues while MLS is in off-season mode.
    Especially those that are on the FIFA list, send them over to foreign leagues and let them continue their development.
    Our refs have little opportunity for development in CONCACRAP.

It's not like Montagliani doesn't have any connections......
    I could not agree with you more! I'd even go as far to making it mandatory for All MLS referees/assistant referees to obtain international professional experience.

I don't know the governance, qualification requirements or selection process for tournaments and matches and would appreciate it if someone who knows could explain it. I am quite certain that many others would like to know as well.

When you look at the fact that an assistant referee from Winnipeg (I don't remember his name) officiates at previous World Cups because he has his qualification but for the most part handles high school games, Based on past performance, I don't think he is up to World Cup status. I suspect FIFA and Blather had their hand in there

Not necessarily his fault. Hell if I was in his position to go to a World Cup, I'd grab it with both hands!

But we really need to get mls referees to up their game. The quality of the league has improved significantly in recent years and the referees (who were never good enough to start with) have not improved.

mls must make it top priority to help better train CSA and their American referees, for the sake of fairness and credibility.

Cheers

sp69

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...istance-apart/

The refs are seeking a CBA with MLS

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Effing Refs in MLS Thread

fixed your thread title.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...horize-strike/

refs authorized to strike if no CBA by 8 Mar

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How laughable. Completely useless bunch who would be overpaid even if they were amateurs. You'd be hard-pressed to find any fully professional football league anywhere in the world with worse officials than the MLS. It's so very rare that an MLS match ends and you think that the ref had a good game. I'm not one to pick on the officials unnecessarily. I know it's a very hard job and nearly always thankless. But the officials are the weakest point in the entire MLS...and that says a lot. To think of that lot going on strike is absolutely laughable...unless the MLS has the balls to bring in replacement refs from overseas who actually know the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how did Toledo get back in the league.

A big 6-pointer in the west tonite: LA and Colorado. And Toledo red cards the Colorado keeper 1min in. What a joke

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    how did Toledo get back in the league.

A big 6-pointer in the west tonite: LA and Colorado. And Toledo red cards the Colorado keeper 1min in. What a joke
    https://twitter.com/SBNationGIF/stat...324672/photo/1

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya just about as obvious a penalty as you will ever see. Keeper should have let him score. At least they'd have still had 11 men and they'd be down a goal either way.

In the full replay, Gordon seems amazed by the Red Card as he had no idea how he was really taken down.

LA won six nil in the end but it was all overshadowed by yesterday's tragic death of AJ Dallagarza's newborn baby.