RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, D.

My wife drew my attention to this verbal essay by Jian Ghomeshi

Q essay: It's tough slog for Toronto FC fans

"Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 days until Canada vs Jamaica at our National Stadium.

PM for tix in 112! Get them before gameday!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Thanks, D.

Should be required listening for everyone at Bogers/MLSE. Could easily replace TFC with the Leafs, Raptors, etc.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Thanks, D.

Good find. Nice to hear his perspective - he's not a sports reporter with "unbiased opinions" but an actual fan!

TBH - As we sit right now, I would've rather stayed with Nelsen. I was ok with the firing if we brought in someone with experience, but we just hired the same guy. We can only pray that he turns out to be a diamond in the shit sewer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Good find. Nice to hear his perspective - he's not a sports reporter with "unbiased opinions" but an actual fan!

TBH - As we sit right now, I would've rather stayed with Nelsen. I was ok with the firing if we brought in someone with experience, but we just hired the same guy. We can only pray that he turns out to be a diamond in the shit sewer.

I agree. Maybe I'm scarred by our past, but I can't get over the suspicion that this was another inside MLSE political move rather than anything to do with the good of our team. I'm not an out and out Nelsen supporter either, I understand the criticisms and agree with most. But this just looks so typical TFC. I have really lost faith that we are or were ever moving in the right direction.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Larson's article suggested a 2-3 week recovery time for surgery.

Generally speaking, sports hernia surgery typically takes about 4-6 weeks to recover. Add in the 7-10 days to wait and see if surgery is necessary and I think we can pretty logically conclude that the season that is known as the "TFC Playoff Push" is likely to become "Defoe's QPR Offseason"

Bobby Ryan of the Senators had that surgery in the offseason and this was his quote on Tuesday: "When they tell you 6-to-8 weeks, I think that was kind of rushing it a little bit. It was more like (14) weeks when I started to feel no pain. The past little while it’s been 100%. I’m beyond ready to go. I can’t wait.”

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/09/02/healthy-bobby-ryan-hits-town-preps-for-senators-camp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the move to not sell him was all PR. Its an inevitably at this point that we wont see him suit up for us again. Adios.