bendik
    bloom - hagglund - henry - Morgan
    oduro - osorio - Bradley - lovitz
    Gilberto - Moore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm look at this over ten games. Actually have more interest is this game now than last thou!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if they lose tomorrow..im staying away from this forum...it will be full of the red patch aborters

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Fun to see....

-------------Joe---------------
    -----------------------------------
    Mark----Bradley-----Doneil-----Nick
    -----------------------------------
    -------------Michael-----------------
    ------------------------------------
    Domenic------DeRo<------>Jonathan
    ------------------------------------
    -----Junior--------------Luke------

I would insert Bright - but that would be too much change, for the squad, at one time me thinks.

Subject to game read.........

• Sub Collen for Dero - if necessary.
    • Sub Jackson or Lovitz (with shift) for any midfielder who needs replacement
    • Sub Ashtone for whoever needs replacing on the back line (with shift - if necessary).
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I feel bad for Vanney in a way, because if we lose this game badly, then everybody is going to say: why did we fire Nelsen for this? BUT if we win the game then Vanney will be a hero!
    I actually think Vanney is in the best possible spot.

People generally fall into a couple of camps.

1) Nelsen sealed his own fate with that press conference

2) Bez over-reacted

Either camp will see Vanney as Switzerland in this. A neutral.

It either fails and blame will fall to Bez… being too quick on this decision or making it at the perceived wrong time.

Vanney will go back to the Academy and his resume will read that he tried but didn't have enough time with the team to implement his plans… which may be true with two games in four nights and two or three training sessions between them.

Or it works and all credit will go to Vanney with Bez getting some polite applause for making the call. Those in camp #2 will say he is lucky it worked out.

The one losing sleep is probably Bez. The one getting up with a big smile on his face and can't wait to go to work is Vanney.

The one getting up in England wondering what the hell happened is Defoe… sorry wrong thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC@torontofc 15m
    Another Recall From #canMNT. RT @CanadaSoccerEN: roster update: Ashtone Morgan released from camp to join up with @torontofc in Philadelphia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Vanneys plan just to play all the Canadians? Good thing bekkers not here then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait to see the new tactics. Will be at there to support the Reds. My guess, 2-0 for the good guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Is Vanneys plan just to play all the Canadians? Good thing bekkers not here then.
    Morgan is the only healthy natural left back available at the moment. I think it's worth a try as opposed to playing people out of position, which has happened far too often this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    No.

The quote about Canadians is being taken out of context.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does every comment have to be taken in the context of Nelsen?

We've had more than a few managers here who simply would not play Canadians. Not because of talent, but simply because they were stuck in their ways. Important for anyone who takes over here to clear the air.

I personally have no issue with the way Nelsen treated Canadians, and that was one of the thing I admired about him. Valuations of who could do the job seemed fair. He might not pick out the qualities I agree with, but I never felt someone was slighted because they were a local player. Compare that to some of the guys we had here, who used it as a crutch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so excited to see the game tonight. Wanna see how Vanney has them moving differently…even if it's the same formation.

I hope the players are pumped and motivated to play for their new coach and turn the tables on the playoff slump.

I think we'll do well. I hope Osorio plays well and we don't use Oduro much…if at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Why does every comment have to be taken in the context of Nelsen?

We've had more than a few managers here who simply would not play Canadians. Not because of talent, but simply because they were stuck in their ways. Important for anyone who takes over here to clear the air.

I personally have no issue with the way Nelsen treated Canadians, and that was one of the thing I admired about him. Valuations of who could do the job seemed fair. He might not pick out the qualities I agree with, but I never felt someone was slighted because they were a local player. Compare that to some of the guys we had here, who used it as a crutch.
    Here's where I kinda disagree with you.

I totally agree if you mean that we shouldn't play inferior players over better ones just cause they're Canadian.

What I hate is that TFC has become less of a place to seek out and develop Canadian players. Even the ones they play is not to their benefit (Osorio).

He gets lots of playing time but not where he'd flourish. Henry is the best advancement and personally, I'd like him to be taught by different defenders than the O'Deas, Caldwell's and Nelsens of the world. lol

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I see the Canadian question as a two way street.

TFC should look to give opportunities to Canadian players as it is a source for player acquisition outside of the draft. But in order to give opportunities to Canadian players it absolutely needs to take the Academy/player development seriously and invest heavily in the program. That includes residency options, scholarship opportunities, massive scouting (beyond the GTA), options for players over 18, working tighter with the OSA and affecting change at that level, etc.

If they simply start Canadians because they have a flag on their passport, that's a recipe for failure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-4-2 could easily not be a flat mid 4.

I'd love to see a diamond, but with Bekker and DeRo not available, I don't think we have the central midfielders to do it, unless you think Jackson can play in that role.

I wonder if we see Dike or Oduro up top with Gilberto. If Vanney wants to press hard, I feel that Moore does too much jogging around for that.

This is what I'd like to see:

----------------------Bendik--------------------------
    Bloom-------Hagglund----Henry------------Morgan (only because I have to)
    ----------------------Warner-------------------------
    ----------Jackson-------------Osorio----------------
    ----------------------Bradley------------------------
    ---------------Oduro--------Gilberto-----------------

Here's what I think Vanney will put out:

----------------------Bendik--------------------------
    Bloom-------Hagglund----Henry------------Morgan
    Oduro---------Bradley------Warner----------Osorio
    ---------------Moore--------Gilberto-----------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Interesting

John Molinaro @JohnMolinaro · 42m

Looks like #TFC academy coaches Jon Conway and Nick Thesolf working with Vanney and the players on the field at practice this morning.

John Molinaro @JohnMolinaro · 38m

Jason Bent staying on as #TFC assistant coach. Theslof and Conway are also assistant coaches, we're being told.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Theslof

Based on resume alone (which doesn't say much mind), Nick Thesolf will be better than any of the assistants Nelsen had on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Henry has improved substantially since his horrid start to the season. He is a dominant presence at the back. His only glaring weakness is his ability to distribute, but hopefully that will improve over time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd venture a guess that Morgan is nailed on after his recalled from the Canadian NT. I'd be satisfied with Henry and Hagglund/Orr in the middle and I doubt we'll see too much change up front and in the middle. Maybe see more of Lovitz since Jackson is having a rough stretch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of formations, if I remember correctly, we got crushed every time Nelsen came out with something other than a 4-4-2. I always wondered about that. The team seemed to look pretty organized and comfortable in a 4-4-2, but when they attempted to kick things to the next level with a formation change, it always backfired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Union have never lost to TFC at PPL Park. Time for TFC to set some records tonight. First win for Vanney and first win at PPL park.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    I'd venture a guess that Morgan is nailed on after his recalled from the Canadian NT. ...
    For this game.

When Morrow gets back in 3 weeks or so, Morgan goes back to the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    Union have never lost to TFC at PPL Park. Time for TFC to set some records tonight. First win for Vanney and first win at PPL park.
    Well, there were a couple of games this season where teams came in to BMO Field with the same stat and ended up winning. Here's hoping TFC can do the reverse. But I'm still saying 3-1 Philly. Maybe 3-2 if we're lucky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Henry has improved substantially since his horrid start to the season. He is a dominant presence at the back. His only glaring weakness is his ability to distribute, but hopefully that will improve over time.
    The only thing that Henry needs to do is improve his decision making and then decide to play to his strengths. Aggressive tackling where required, but not in the box unless it's clear cut, and to pass the ball off to someone else who can distribute it. He doesn't need to be a Hummels. I've enjoyed watching him progress this season and I do think his ceiling is very high still.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm....no Expedia projected starting lineup on the FB page.

Good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Here's where I kinda disagree with you.

I totally agree if you mean that we shouldn't play inferior players over better ones just cause they're Canadian.

What I hate is that TFC has become less of a place to seek out and develop Canadian players. Even the ones they play is not to their benefit (Osorio).

He gets lots of playing time but not where he'd flourish. Henry is the best advancement and personally, I'd like him to be taught by different defenders than the O'Deas, Caldwell's and Nelsens of the world. lol
    In a nutshell, all I'm saying is he treated everyone equally. I might not agree with his methods, but he was fair.

Did not get that impression from some prior coaches, who would rather have lived and died with USL journeymen rather than take a chance on a local player, even if that player seemed vastly superior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    For this game.

When Morrow gets back in 3 weeks or so, Morgan goes back to the bench.
    Yeah for sure. In retrospect "nailed on" was a bit too strong, but until Morrow is back I expect Morgan to get the lions share of the time at RB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hmm....no Expedia projected starting lineup on the FB page.

Good.
    Maybe that was Nelsen or Brennans responsibility hahaha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe that was Vanney responsibility before. Thats why the expedia projected starting lineup always so off compare to the real line up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They just posted the Expedia Starting 11. Have a look...

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/507234151066398720

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that is smart.