Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Man View Post
    Bez needed to suck it up & take one for the team there. Instead he canned Nelsen & probably put this season in real jeopardy by creating instability & dysfunction. There is no way this team has a higher chance of making the playoffs with Vanney then they would've had with Nelsen. Regardless of what you believe about Nelsen as coach, his firing was a pure knee-jerk move.

As far as MLSE goes. Honestly, they are a complete & utter plague upon sports in this city. I found it interesting combined with all the Nelsen stuff going on, the Defoe thing leaks at the same time. Already starting those rumors so they don't have to look bad when they sell Defoe.....

Seems like Leiweke was the only one in that operation that understood long-term vision & investing now to reap rewards later on.
    Do you really believe that Bez fired Nelsen without Lieweke's blessings?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TL admitted as much that hanging on to Nelsen for as long as he did was a mistake.

Regardless, we either make the playoffs now with who we've got, or we don't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Do you really believe that Bez fired Nelsen without Lieweke's blessings?
    I do. Or more precisely, I believe that Leiweke couldn't have stopped it. Leiweke is a powerless figurehead now.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Man View Post
    Bez needed to suck it up & take one for the team there. Instead he canned Nelsen & probably put this season in real jeopardy by creating instability & dysfunction. There is no way this team has a higher chance of making the playoffs with Vanney then they would've had with Nelsen. Regardless of what you believe about Nelsen as coach, his firing was a pure knee-jerk move.
    There is no way you can know if the team would have better chances with a coach the players clearly gave up on. Vanney wasn't everyone's dream choice he was the best alternative in a rushed situation. Vanney's influence in 2 days clearly was not enough last night.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    There is no "MLSE".

Whoa!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the chances of MLSE selling this team?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    The same as it being bought by a community collective at this point...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post

Whoa!
    Very well done!

Can I make that my avatar?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Zero. Media giants aren't going to sell assets that put eyes on TV screens. It's like asking Fox to sell The Simpsons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Very well done!

Can I make that my avatar?
    By all means!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    Zero. Media giants aren't going to sell assets that put eyes on TV screens. It's like asking Fox to sell The Simpsons.
    but simpsons make money

and TFC doesnt put eyes on the screen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defoe will not return is the big news of the day .. I guess this is that babies Defoe POV but I am sure that the bullcrap behind the scenes MLSE made it much easier to just stay away .. Again the only way to get change EVER with this team is to do something harsh other then show up every home game and fill their piggy bank .. Have some back bone and stand up for what is right .. Supporting this team is NOT the right thing to do .. They have repeatedly shown this since 07 ..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inheavensince07 View Post
    Defoe will not return is the big news of the day .. I guess this is that babies Defoe POV but I am sure that the bullcrap behind the scenes MLSE made it much easier to just stay away .. Again the only way to get change EVER with this team is to do something harsh other then show up every home game and fill their piggy bank .. Have some back bone and stand up for what is right .. Supporting this team is NOT the right thing to do .. They have repeatedly shown this since 07 ..
    So you come to a supporters community to advise not supporting?

perhaps you'd be better off trying to find an "anti-supporter" website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    So you come to a supporters community to advise not supporting?

perhaps you'd be better off trying to find an "anti-supporter" website.
    Why is that sir? I feel that the only way to get Change with this team is to do something drastic .. I would like to be able to have an opinion on here ?

Are you currently happy with this team or would you like somethings to change?? Would you liketo just hope things change or do you want to do something????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is that sir? I feel that the only way to get Change with this team is to do something drastic .. I would like to be able to have an opinion on here ?

Are you currently happy with this team or would you like somethings to change?? Would you liketo just hope things change or do you want to do something????

I really notice if I don't fall in line with a certain Core of the RPB I become a non supporter?? I disagree with the way the RPB currently support .. This is the only group that can make a difference in terms of Fan experience .. But the RPB seem to just want to keep coming and singing like its all good .. MLSE loves that $$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just watch on TV. All the games are free on sportsnet360 and tsn2. Then you support the players and not put $$$ in MLSE pockets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things are changing there are changes coming through the pipe but it takes time. Can't turn around everything in a week or two.

Protesting has been done before and really doesn't get you anywhere. How are you going to protest and not show up to games, not singing for the club?

And when things start to workout when you come back and support again you don't think that looks silly.

As a total fan base if supporters walked out and don't support the club how does that look to the regular fan? Why would they even come back?

I've said it before and ill say it again you don't choose when you support, you do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Things are changing there are changes coming through the pipe but it takes time. Can't turn around everything in a week or two.

Protesting has been done before and really doesn't get you anywhere. How are you going to protest and not show up to games, not singing for the club?

And when things start to workout when you come back and support again you don't think that looks silly.

As a total fan base if supporters walked out and don't support the club how does that look to the regular fan? Why would they even come back?

I've said it before and ill say it again you don't choose when you support, you do it.
    IMO it would look pretty good .. All the crap that has gone on for years yet the supporters just keep supporting like its all good .. It would show the regular fans that we should not settle for Leaf nation type garbage that we continue to get .. You can still support a team by not buying tickets or by not singing and dancing like its all good .. I have respect for all the long time RPB but c'mon guys its borderline ridiculous how long we can put up with this teams crap.. We all know MLSE is a business like all teams I guess but the only way to force change for MLSE is to hit them in the purse .. Maybe we would get lucky if no one showed up and attendance was down they may want to sell the sinking ship and a Rich man could come in and buy .. who knows>>>>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO it would look pretty good .. All the crap that has gone on for years yet the supporters just keep supporting like its all good .. It would show the regular fans that we should not settle for Leaf nation type garbage that we continue to get .. You can still support a team by not buying tickets or by not singing and dancing like its all good .. I have respect for all the long time RPB but c'mon guys its borderline ridiculous how long we can put up with this teams crap.. We all know MLSE is a business like all teams I guess but the only way to force change for MLSE is to hit them in the purse .. Maybe we would get lucky if no one showed up and attendance was down they may want to sell the sinking ship and a Rich man could come in and buy .. who knows>>>>
    Yep because a lot of people left after 2012-2013 and what did they do break the bank on three DPs and they came back to being in the same spot as a club we are now that sure made a difference.

Turning your back on the club never works.

Supporters can be critical and relevant to a team but they don't give up as a group. United we stand , divided we fall.

We do not turn our backs on the badge. We don't expect players to ever do that why would we?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really notice if I don't fall in line with a certain Core of the RPB I become a non supporter?? I disagree with the way the RPB currently support .. This is the only group that can make a difference in terms of Fan experience .. But the RPB seem to just want to keep coming and singing like its all good .. MLSE loves that $$$
    Yet here you are on our message board that we pay for and host you on telling us that you disagree...we are entitled to post rebuttals, especially when you make the direct and indirect accusations that you do.

Go insult another group for a change. We are sticking with the badge and team. Here is a little insight into support - we are a community and have friendships and experiences outside the team. We unite and support our team regardless of the outcome or standings, it's great getting together with friends at the pitch. For some to recommend that we watch at home as support is an insult to most. A shame that some don't get to enjoy this team the way we do.

That is your warning, this is trolling, simply posting the same thing to get argument points time after time. Thread closed as the statement was made and resulting discussion is circular.
    Last edited by Phil; 09-13-2014 at 12:30 PM.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil