Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1593
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a theory. Look up what happened to Jim Magiltion at QPR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    Some interesting stuff from Larson on twitter. Found this just now as someone was talking to Larson about Bez/Vanney and such. Seems like something happened with regards to Nelson that justified the firing that currently is not known to the public. Will apparently come out in the future. I wonder what it could be to make Larson adamant that Bez made the correct/only decision? Makes it seem separate from the record/press conference/ect. Hmmm.

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 24m24 minutes ago
    @Kubani7 Had to fire him, IMO. Which will come out later.

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 19m19 minutes ago
    @Kubani7 Yes, it will. But if the right decision was made, what more can someone do?

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 14m14 minutes ago
    @Kubani7 No, it was. Some certain things happened that haven't come out yet. They will.

rough sex???
    Last edited by backbeat; 10-29-2014 at 11:55 AM. Reason: .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duane Rollins @24thminute · 4m4 minutes ago

@DuncanDFletcher @StephGunther there's no big secret. My understanding -- and others are far more inside -- is that major difference...

Duane Rollins @24thminute · 3m3 minutes ago

@DuncanDFletcher @StephGunther had to do with long term vision of how to build team. Nelsen wanted to dump more depth now for another...

Duane Rollins @24thminute · 2m2 minutes ago

@DuncanDFletcher @StephGunther bigger signing. TB felt that it was better to stick with core (and I see one where you may not) and risk...

Duane Rollins @24thminute · 1m1 minute ago

@DuncanDFletcher @StephGunther this season continuing to tank. That lead to conflict which ultimately blew up after NE game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, it would have been so much easier (smarter) for Bez to have stuck with Nelsen to the end. If we didn't make the playoffs (which was looking likely), firing him is easy. You can tell the fans that the coach paid for not fulfilling the promise made to us. We're happy someone paid the price. There is time to install Vanney, or whoever, properly. New coach doesn't get saddled with being the one who couldn't turn it around and make the playoffs, as Vanney is now rightly or wrongly. And so we go. I think it was a big strategic mistake for Bez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, the optics of it are awful.

2 thoughts on the timing though.

1. If he didn't do it then, could Nelsen have made a powerplay to Leiweke or the Board to save himself? He has form for that.
    2. If they thought the season was going in the tank would it be better to get a new guy on the job now given there could be no preseason(CBA) and a 7 game road trip to start the year?

Not making excuses for Bez just thinking out loud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Agreed, the optics of it are awful.

2 thoughts on the timing though.

1. If he didn't do it then, could Nelsen have made a powerplay to Leiweke or the Board to save himself? He has form for that.
    2. If they thought the season was going in the tank would it be better to get a new guy on the job now given there could be no preseason(CBA) and a 7 game road trip to start the year?

Not making excuses for Bez just thinking out loud.
    I think he legitimately thought it could be turned around and we could still make the playoffs. Just a guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    Some interesting stuff from Larson on twitter. Found this just now as someone was talking to Larson about Bez/Vanney and such. Seems like something happened with regards to Nelson that justified the firing that currently is not known to the public. Will apparently come out in the future. I wonder what it could be to make Larson adamant that Bez made the correct/only decision? Makes it seem separate from the record/press conference/ect. Hmmm.

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 24m24 minutes ago
    @Kubani7 Had to fire him, IMO. Which will come out later.

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 19m19 minutes ago
    @Kubani7 Yes, it will. But if the right decision was made, what more can someone do?

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 14m14 minutes ago
    @Kubani7 No, it was. Some certain things happened that haven't come out yet. They will.

Trashed Defoe now Nelsons turn, if it was serious it would never come out as an employer/employee issue..this management team with it leaks to deflect must be feeling the pressure, the end result is that they will lose all loyalty of this team.

Everyone knew Nelson was going before that final match..it split the team and lead to total distraction.
    Last edited by speckles; 10-29-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    rough sex???
    Ha ha I was going to say that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29840260

Jermain Defoe: Toronto striker hopes to play for England again

Former Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe talks to Football Focus about his new life with Toronto FC and his hopes of playing for England again.
    The 32-year-old, who scored 19 goals in 55 caps, has not played for his country since his February move to the Major League Soccer side and he missed out on the World Cup.
    Defoe says he would "never" rule himself out of playing for England and with the MLS season now over, he might consider a loan move back to the Premier League with QPR said to be interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was pushed out by crazy rich ownership because of a confrontation (and alleged head butt) with a player? Where is the player in theNelsen scenario?

But out now that you mention it, apparently Magilton wasn't a bad manager in his first job..... Maybe he is available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    He was pushed out by crazy rich ownership because of a confrontation (and alleged head butt) with a player? Where is the player in theNelsen scenario?

But out now that you mention it, apparently Magilton wasn't a bad manager in his first job..... Maybe he is available.
    Nope. Works for the Northen Ireland FA.

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is the parallel to Nelsen? Are you suggesting that he lost it in the dressing room with a player? Sorry, but both your posts leave me baffled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.sportsbreak.com/soccer/th...res-of-2014/2/

TFC made number 8 of the worst transfers of 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    TFC made number 8 of the worst transfers of 2014
    At least we made the playoffs in that league!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Betting Odds on Defoe

Sign For Before 4th February Loan deals do count

We're sitting 3rd in probability. lol.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody in Leicester must have put a lot of money down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spurs at 16/1 are good value there.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defoe's mum with inside info?

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Somebody in Leicester must have put a lot of money down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the entire board hates Defoe who only scored a paltry 11 goals for us, but some might be interested in this article: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...return-unclear

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    I know the entire board hates Defoe who only scored a paltry 11 goals for us, but some might be interested in this article: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...return-unclear
    The entire board, huh? Don't leave out the city and province to hit the hyperbole award.

Thanks for the link, though. Whether people like him or not it's info.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When he played, Defoe gave his all. And his comment that he never publicly asked to be traded makes sense in the context of English football where that would be a cardinal sin. He is the most skilled player, based on form for TFC, that we have ever had. I'd love to see us keep him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    When he played, Defoe gave his all. And his comment that he never publicly asked to be traded makes sense in the context of English football where that would be a cardinal sin. He is the most skilled player, based on form for TFC, that we have ever had. I'd love to see us keep him.
    to me the operative in that quote by Defoe is, "but at the same time I think what people need to realize is I never once came out publiclyand said I want to leave the club.”...now what did he do privately....me wonders......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Defoe wants to stay, he could've just said "I love the city, I will stay here to play", it's not his last year on the contract, no need to go left and right to try to avoid the actual answer or lower his negotiation value. I want him to stay, but if the players mind is not here, the player would need to leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khso11 View Post
    If Defoe wants to stay, he could've just said "I love the city, I will stay here to play", it's not his last year on the contract, no need to go left and right to try to avoid the actual answer or lower his negotiation value. I want him to stay, but if the players mind is not here, the player would need to leave.
    What made it so obvious to what is going through his mind was his little rant about people questioning his loyalty about playing here. He got so upset about it and ranted for a few minutes as he couldn't believe people would say that about him.

Yet the next question to him was will you be here next season and he answers with a you don't know what's goibg to happen blah blah blah. If your so upset about people questioning your loyalty there was your chance to shut them up. Instead he gave awayhis true intentions imo.

Hes as good as gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    What made it so obvious to what is going through his mind was his little rant about people questioning his loyalty about playing here. He got so upset about it and ranted for a few minutes as he couldn't believe people would say that about him.

Yet the next question to him was will you be here next season and he answers with a you don't know what's goibg to happen blah blah blah. If your so upset about people questioning your loyalty there was your chance to shut them up. Instead he gave awayhis true intentions imo.

Hes as good as gone.
    the answer he gave privately to my source was also, "its up to the managers and coaches". To which my source called him out as a liar. He wasnt happy about being called a liar. Seems a common theme for him to pout and whine.
    p.s. Source was part of the team that courted him and was just as blind sided by it like the rest of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    the answer he gave privately to my source was also, "its up to the managers and coaches". To which my source called him out as a liar. He wasnt happy about being called a liar. Seems a common theme for him to pout and whine.
    p.s. Source was part of the team that courted him and was just as blind sided by it like the rest of us.
    Most of us like being called a liar to our faces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Most of us like being called a liar to our faces.
    touché

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the following article has Leicester targeting Defoe. Wish someone wold tell us something about what's going on with Defoe. Sucks being left to flutter in the wind.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...d-January.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    Looks like the following article has Leicester targeting Defoe. Wish someone wold tell us something about what's going on with Defoe. Sucks being left to flutter in the wind.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...d-January.html
    Do we really need it to be official to accept he's never going to play for us again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flutter in the wind is what we all do until the window opens on Jan.1....if TFC/MLS blab that they are selling or Defoe burns that last plank on his Toronto bridge, less money goes onto the table...