Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1593
    RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Great interview with Vanney on Extratime Radio. More tactical insight in 15 minutes than the last 18 months with Nelson.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/extratime Starts at 25:00.
    Thanks for that. It just made my morning hearing some intelligent talk about team, players and formation.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I was watching the latest Defoe media conference and had a tin foil hat epiphany.

Nelsen being fired and Leiweke being pushed out rumours abound in TFC land. Jermaine catches wind of this and wants out, claims an injury which is actually partially true.

TFC try to trade him but no one comes close to the salary offer that TFC is giving him.

Lieweke calls him out and says get out if you don't want to be here.

Defoe's agent put's Defoe's head back on straight because an agent always wants what makes the most money.

Amazingly Defoe turns around and really always wanted to be here to achieve new things.

Defoe is back here to stay! Because no one else in the EPL will pay him what we are.

And to be honest I don't give a fuck why he wants to be here as long as he puts soccer balls into the back of the opponents net.

If anything, Defoe is professional and has proven it year over year, he plays hard every game no matter what.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that I've rewatched the conference when he came back and had some time to think I'm curious do you think he's here to stay?... only asking cause i know by talking to some supporters that they are still sour about Defoe, do you think he's here after the next 1...2? transfer windows.

Personally I think I still can't form an opinion ... I'm waiting till Feb 2 when the window closes. Ive watched his interviews and seems like he's committed and planning on staying for his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    So I was watching the latest Defoe media conference and had a tin foil hat epiphany.

Nelsen being fired and Leiweke being pushed out rumours abound in TFC land. Jermaine catches wind of this and wants out, claims an injury which is actually partially true.

TFC try to trade him but no one comes close to the salary offer that TFC is giving him.

Lieweke calls him out and says get out if you don't want to be here.

Defoe's agent put's Defoe's head back on straight because an agent always wants what makes the most money.

Amazingly Defoe turns around and really always wanted to be here to achieve new things.

Defoe is back here to stay! Because no one else in the EPL will pay him what we are.

And to be honest I don't give a fuck why he wants to be here as long as he puts soccer balls into the back of the opponents net.

If anything, Defoe is professional and has proven it year over year, he plays hard every game no matter what.
    Could be true, interesting take but either way I want him here and if he dosnt want to be then leave asap so we can move on quicker.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The tin foil hat doesn't explain away him leaving before Nelsen was fired nor the rumours post World Cup before Leiweke's fate was known.

He simply wants to go.

In the end, he is ours till January so play your ass off and then leave. It is better for TFC long term for him to go anyways.

Anyone hoping otherwise needs to revisit that next year when he misses another half season or more due to injury and can't be replaced on the roster.

This is a team that needs 3 healthy DPs to be competitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    The tin foil hat doesn't explain away him leaving before Nelsen was fired nor the rumours post World Cup before Leiweke's fate was known.

He simply wants to go.

In the end, he is ours till January so play your ass off and then leave. It is better for TFC long term for him to go anyways.

Anyone hoping otherwise needs to revisit that next year when he misses another half season or more due to injury and can't be replaced on the roster.

This is a team that needs 3 healthy DPs to be competitive.
    I think him announcing he wanted out probably precipitated both men's departures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doucet3 View Post
    Now that I've rewatched the conference when he came back and had some time to think I'm curious do you think he's here to stay?... only asking cause i know by talking to some supporters that they are still sour about Defoe, do you think he's here after the next 1...2? transfer windows.

Personally I think I still can't form an opinion ... I'm waiting till Feb 2 when the window closes. Ive watched his interviews and seems like he's committed and planning on staying for his contract.

Could be true, interesting take but either way I want him here and if he dosnt want to be then leave asap so we can move on quicker.

I honestly keep flipping back and forth on this.

I remember Defoe saying something in a recent interview that he wouldn't want to leave so prematurely without having made his mark on the team or league.

The way it all went down though says otherwise, I'd like to see him stay after a full off season to recover and get fully healthy.

If he wants to be loaned out this off season I say you move hell and high water to trade him back to the EPL because to me that just isn't what's best for TFC.

I hope he comes around and decides he wants to put this team on his shoulders for the next three years but looking back on his career their has been "moments".

History could be repeating itself here.

Maybe what was sold to him before he came over wasn't what he experienced when he got here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I know is four months in the EPL is a long time. The situation that led to him almost being bought by QPR or whoever is unlikely to be there in January.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I had personally written him off, just the lack of talk beyond January by Tim B alone is reason enough to think it. After watching QPR and West Ham this weekend I really have my doubts over the coach keeping his job, and that would really put a move there in doubt.

Interesting times ahead for sure.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The knives are out already for Harry, back page on todays Daily Mirror saying QPR have put his new deal on the backburner. Probably just tabloid speak, but QPR need to get to Jan and be within touching distance of those around them if they have any hope of picking a few players to drive them on to safety. As it currently stands, with the poor squad they have, they could be sunk by xmas.
    I said in previous posts, Defoe may still go in Jan but I don't it's nailed on to be QPR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They will pay match the offer in June or pay more because of the January transfer window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    The knives are out already for Harry, back page on todays Daily Mirror saying QPR have put his new deal on the backburner. Probably just tabloid speak, but QPR need to get to Jan and be within touching distance of those around them if they have any hope of picking a few players to drive them on to safety. As it currently stands, with the poor squad they have, they could be sunk by xmas.
    I said in previous posts, Defoe may still go in Jan but I don't it's nailed on to be QPR.

They don't actually have a poor squad. Ol Arry is just showing a complete inability to get anything out of them.

He will be gone soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I agree Harry is running out of time. Sounded like Fernandes was on board with getting JD in August, but if Harry's not there to prod him to stick with it, plus the cost of getting a new mgr (Pulis, I'd say), QPR might have second thoughts. The prospect of getting another 9 months (Nov to Jul) from JD is intriguing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    They don't actually have a poor squad. Ol Arry is just showing a complete inability to get anything out of them.

He will be gone soon
    no seriously they have a terrible squad, it is a championship squad and they were lucky to get out of that. Sandro and Caulker are pl standard, Rio although past his best could still do a decent job. The rest aren't good enough at PL level.

I agree with your views on Harry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compare QPRs squad to the Crystal Palace one that stayed up last year. There is more than enough talent in it for them to stay up.

Championship squad is massive hyperbole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Compare QPRs squad to the Crystal Palace one that stayed up last year. There is more than enough talent in it for them to stay up.

Championship squad is massive hyperbole.
    Palace did exactly what Harry will do if he is there in Jan, ie bring players in. Palace brought 5 players in during Jan transfer window. Pulis identified his team wasn't strong enough and acted. I'd imagine if old 'Arry is still there in Jan, he'll bring a similiar amount in himself.
    Remember QPR weren't even a great championship team. They were 12th highest scorers in that league. The step up in defence quality is huge between Championship and PL. QPR struggling to both score and defend so far this season, worst in league in goals conceded and 2nd lowest in goals scored so far. Only 7 games played but they don't won't to be cut adrift too soon.Their next 4 league games are
    Liverpool, Villa, Chelsea and Man City- so points will be hard to come by.
    I see they have just hired QPR legend Les Ferdinand as head of football operations- interesting..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting article from The Guardian
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...-fernandes-qpr
    Maybe Harry has had enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    All I know is four months in the EPL is a long time. The situation that led to him almost being bought by QPR or whoever is unlikely to be there in January.
    Four months in the EPL is a long time ... that's why - and all questions of QPR and Harry aside - I think it is very likely there will be interest in Defoe from several teams in January. They know better than we do the questions around his desire to be here beyond this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klinsmann View Post
    ...why??!!!?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Defoe Saviour banner was such a poor idea last night. I wasn't really a fan of the Defoe Judas banner but come on guys...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    The Defoe Saviour banner was such a poor idea last night. I wasn't really a fan of the Defoe Judas banner but come on guys...
    I think it was a shot at the Judas banner and wasn't taken to be serious at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you need me I’ll be on the couch. New(ish) comic now up at East Side Stand Up!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know Z, I have a hard time putting any pressure on fans for that kind of support. All the pressure goes right where it belongs on the guy with the bank. Even if it was done tongue in cheek its subtle enough IMO
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tictoc View Post
    If you need me I’ll be on the couch. New(ish) comic now up at East Side Stand Up!
    Nearly fell out of my seat, here! xD

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, it sounds like Defoe tried to do all he could to get out of Toronto.

I wouldn't call him Judas but calling him a saviour is disrespectful to everyone else on TFC's roster. He's been a distraction most of the summer and far far away from the club in England. The sign re-enforced his belief that we are that bad/mess of a team and that we treat players that kindly after they pull shit like that.

I dunno, that's just how I see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops... actually posted in it the wrong thread. Sorry all!

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    Nearly fell out of my seat, here! xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, it sounds like Defoe tried to do all he could to get out of Toronto.

I wouldn't call him Judas but calling him a saviour is disrespectful to everyone else on TFC's roster. He's been a distraction most of the summer and far far away from the club in England. The sign re-enforced his belief that we are that bad/mess of a team and that we treat players that kindly after they pull shit like that.

I dunno, that's just how I see it.
    Battered wife syndrome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...board/follows/

This is an inept performance by Defoe. The idea that it matters that he "never came out and publicly said - or said directly to Vanney - that he didn't want to be here", is ludicrous.

I don't know why he bothered. Embarassing.

Not that it matters anymore.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-23-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”