Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1593
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Is defoe bigger and more talenter than Henry when he went to NY? Im pretty sure most ppl didnt look twice at Henry when he was walking the streets of Jersey or NYC. I truly think defoe thoughy he was actualy going to be the biggest bloodiest deal, what with talking to Drake and all. And then he realized he was no Beckham brand and this city's thirst for real football couldn't be quenched by MLS. Maybe he was disappointed in the attention to the World Cup but lack of respect for Toronto FC in the media or lack of attention to him in da clubz. Who knows, the guy refuses to speak and lets that old dumbass Harry speak for him.
    Defoe is by far OUR most famous player but not even close to league wide over the last 20 years.

If he doesn't wanna be here I don't care how good he is. He can fuck off. I'd say that to Messi. A player like that is useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jermain Defoe@IAmJermainDefoe 1m
    Big game for boys tonight good luck can't wait to be back out there scoring #goals

Seems weird given all the crap surrounding that he won't play for us again this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hold the presses

Big game for boys tonight good luck can't wait to be back out there scoring #goals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post

Seems weird given all the crap surrounding that he won't play for us again this season.
    I speculated he would deny all rumours because if he's stuck here, it's just easier for everybody involved to pretend he's happy.

Still shocked he tweeted that though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jermain Defoe ‏@IAmJermainDefoe 1m
    Big game for boys tonight good luck, too busy in England working with my Agent trying to get out of my current contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    hold the presses

Fuc% off.....we don't need this guy. Onward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that's the end of that. Not impressed by the commitment, but Leiweke deserves a blast as well for putting this plan in place that fell apart after less than a year.

No-name DPs from now on and players who want to be here. The fans who need a celebrity to show up to the park can sit on their couch and watch europe from a distance, fuck'em.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    Fuc% off.....we don't need this guy. Onward.
    Disagree. He makes the team better. He's here until January so I hope he's back to playing ASAP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Disagree. He makes the team better. He's here until January so I hope he's back to playing ASAP.

Haha....good luck with that.why is he hiding?
    Last edited by azorean; 09-06-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sure you want to come back Defoe? Lmao stay where you are at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'd be battling with Montreal for the wooden spoon if we hadn't had Defoe this season. You need good strong stable management to keep the top players happy. We have never had that. In Vanney we have another un-proven experiment ..it's a hope an a prayer really. Putting out a 4-4-2 with a disrupted back 4 seems crazy to me - played with essentially 3 strikers and got zero pressure on the goal in the first half. The team didn't play like they were geed up - no motivational boost. It will take a miracle to make the play-offs now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dero --haha. Somehow I knew he was involved in this shitstorm.

De Rosario approached front office about playing time after being left out of 18 by Nelsen; Now, he needs to reward Vanney. Per Kurtis Larson
    https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/statu...99107811991554

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    Dero --haha. Somehow I knew he was involved in this shitstorm.

De Rosario approached front office about playing time after being left out of 18 by Nelsen; Now, he needs to reward Vanney. Per Kurtis Larson
    https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/statu...99107811991554
    Ha, there was a reason he wasn't playing and we saw it again today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I thought he played well. There's a reason Vanney said he "respects the Canadian player" at the presser; right or wrong, people perceive that Nelsen didn't because he only played Henry.

To a degree, I think they're right. In backup roles, I think DeRo, Morgan and Bekker have something to offer. Rare that we saw them used, and rare that we were in a position of either necessity or comfort to do so. So I'm not sure if it's a legit issue or just another distraction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I thought he played well. There's a reason Vanney said he "respects the Canadian player" at the presser; right or wrong, people perceive that Nelsen didn't because he only played Henry.

To a degree, I think they're right. In backup roles, I think DeRo, Morgan and Bekker have something to offer. Rare that we saw them used, and rare that we were in a position of either necessity or comfort to do so. So I'm not sure if it's a legit issue or just another distraction.
    I can't even count the number of times he got knocked off the ball. But I was in an all around bad mood when I didn't even get to my seat before we were down 1-0. Maybe I'm not being fair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't even count the number of times he got knocked off the ball. But I was in an all around bad mood when I didn't even get to my seat before we were down 1-0. Maybe I'm not being fair.
    It increased as the game progressed because we were spread too wide and he was isolated, trying to do too much.

Tactically, we're just such a mess. As Kristian Jack noted in his piece on TSN's site, we're sitting with three flat lines and just being cut apart by teams lining up in four-deep formations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It increased as the game progressed because we were spread too wide and he was isolated, trying to do too much.

Tactically, we're just such a mess. As Kristian Jack noted in his piece on TSN's site, we're sitting with three flat lines and just being cut apart by teams lining up in four-deep formations.
    Agreed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I get Vanney needs to work with the talent he has but it sounds like you're excusing him for the same game I did. I look to today that it's still on the players to win but I'd like to see a marked improvement from Wed. I think we're agreeing on the same point you're just giving Vanney less blame and more time. Which is fine but he doesn't have much time to improve.
    you're right of course......I'm not sure for what ever reason, we can do it this year .....as much as this team is 'my team'...alas, realistically who is our core . It seems inevitably we will be starting another rebuild but called something else .....Bez will and has to do another Tim.L fan grabber , I say Bradley's dad !
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Per Vanney… Defoe to be back in Toronto at training on Sept 20th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doro was our best player out there today.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things I have learned in the Vanney era:

- We are less organised than before
    - Confusion level back to Winter era levels
    - We do all the same things Vanney criticised of the Nelson era (negative play, back passes, long balls)
    - Even less of a clue on how to go forward than under Nelsen which I didn't believe was possible.
    - Still no movement off the ball save for Gilberto and Dero today
    - Reluctance to attack with pace. Always slow the play down and let their defense set up. Then work the ball wide and lob it into the box, which by that time has the whole opposing team in it.
    - We will have a new manager next year and maybe a new GM.
    - Ticket prices will not go up.
    - Our previous high points total of 39 set in 2009 will live on for another year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Jermaine, how about shut the hell up. Where are you even? England? Harry's house?
    That tweet just about blows up the B.S meter covering your whole "story" in a shower of it.

It would help your case a little bit if you could, you know, not have had your buddy at QPR all but confirm you tried to jump ship.
    Our season will be over by the time you're back. Go do one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Per Vanney… Defoe to be back in Toronto at training on Sept 20th
    how nice to have you finally show up and be part of the club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You aren't being fair. And you should have showed up on time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 days is an era?

4 practices sandwiching 1 game with trave then followed by another is not going to change anything much on the field.

Geez, you people sound like the English media watching the EPL.

18 months of flat back 442 and ya'll expect this to vanish in 3 practices?

Look, he might be a crap coach. So far, he at least admits more mistakes then Nelsen did. But people on here can not expect MLS quality players to change their spots that quickly.

Vanney said it today. Give them a full week of training.

Panic over playoffs is no reason to jump at this guy yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Things I have learned in the Vanney era:

- We are less organised than before
    - Confusion level back to Winter era levels
    - We do all the same things Vanney criticised of the Nelson era (negative play, back passes, long balls)
    - Even less of a clue on how to go forward than under Nelsen which I didn't believe was possible.
    - Still no movement off the ball save for Gilberto and Dero today
    - Reluctance to attack with pace. Always slow the play down and let their defense set up. Then work the ball wide and lob it into the box, which by that time has the whole opposing team in it.
    - We will have a new manager next year and maybe a new GM.
    - Ticket prices will not go up.
    - Our previous high points total of 39 set in 2009 will live on for another year.
    All the "Nelsen out" folks should read this post. Be careful what you wish for. And that goes for Bez, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Hey Jermaine, how about shut the hell up. Where are you even? England? Harry's house?
    That tweet just about blows up the B.S meter covering your whole "story" in a shower of it.

It would help your case a little bit if you could, you know, not have had your buddy at QPR all but confirm you tried to jump ship.
    Our season will be over by the time you're back. Go do one.
    The club sent him back to England, then considered selling him. Let's bottle the hate, shall we? He gave his all on the pitch, produced, never said a negative word. And the guys who persuaded him to be part of their vision are gone. FFS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    6 days is an era?

4 practices sandwiching 1 game with trave then followed by another is not going to change anything much on the field.

Geez, you people sound like the English media watching the EPL.

18 months of flat back 442 and ya'll expect this to vanish in 3 practices?

Look, he might be a crap coach. So far, he at least admits more mistakes then Nelsen did. But people on here can not expect MLS quality players to change their spots that quickly.

Vanney said it today. Give them a full week of training.

Panic over playoffs is no reason to jump at this guy yet.
    Yes it is. He seems lovely, but he was brought in to give us playoffs, not performances morale or anything else. No excuses. We need more or less two points a game. I hope he does it, but firing Nelsen is looking more and more like the typical TFC management cock up. Far better off letting him finish the year and then, IF no playoffs, take your time with a proper search. This looks like amateur hour. Because it is.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch the video after the game.
    Vanney correctly points out that this team was set up by Nelsen to play slowly, using zones to defend and had no way to adjust if the counter wasn't there.

That's exactly how we played today. And what everyone complains about, all season. No movement off the ball.

4 days of practice after the manager most of these guys were recruited by was fired along with the whole coaching staff, this is not going to change for today unless this group is really self aware. They are not.

If we play like this next week, then we will know either the coaches can't coach or the players won't listen.