Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 hours to go.

Who would have thunk we'd be deep into the transfer deadline deal craziness, same as every club in Europe.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 10m
    BREAKING: @TheTorontoSun can confirm that Jermain Defoe will remain at TFC after rejecting multiple bids.

YESSS

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If these tweets turn out to be true and Defoe is staying put…. I guess then we can expect him back in Toronto by Wednesday to cheer the boys on and fully committed to getting back in there as soon as possible… pure coincidence that the only available "second opinion" on his groin can be made in the UK and it just happened to coincide with the transfer window… bit unfortunate that… anyways, welcome back Jermain. I'm as excited to see you back as you are to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro's stance and many of us agree this mess started hiring Nelsen in the first place.....

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-t...chael-bradley/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    BREAKING: @TheTorontoSun can confirm that Jermain Defoe will remain at TFC after rejecting multiple bids.

YESSS
    I'll wait until 5pm passes and nobody says they got him.

TFC also told us Plata was staying…remember? LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingback6 View Post
    This situation sickens me to no end. Bezbo is a slimy puke ,and completely out of touch.

Having learned about his calling out of his own team, the 3-0 result makes more sense. No way these guys are going to play for this team now. He is fucking idiot scum who doesn't undersant the difference between fantasy football and real football.

I was no fan of Nelsen's, but I question how much power he had even before the firing. Needless to say, I think things are going to get worse before they get better, and only once Bezb makes a mess of things, or rather continues making a mess, will the board have any sense.

If Bezbo brought made all the trades (most of which have had mixed results at best), then it means he is responsible for the downturn in form, and yet he has used his own failures as a pretext for firing Nelsen.

If Bezbo thinks he can simply steal a team and treat it like a toy, the boy is in for a rude awakening.
    How the fuck did he call the team out? he simply said it's time to turn it up a notch, we need to do better. He's right. 3 wins in 12 (now 13) is not good enough for a team with this roster.

Nelsen had tons of power, maybe too much, per all sources close to the team.

All the trades made this season we were clear winners and were good in adding depth to a team with very little of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    That's unfortunate if true.
    Still leaves the possibility of January transfer which would be advantageous for both sides regardless of how the club does the rest of the season. Defoe will be chomping at the bit to get back in the PL after a couple months of rest. I would have taken advantage of this market value though, who knows what he might tear between now and then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a total mess. Way to go Bez, how do you walk that back?

It's going to be Frings 2.0 now. What is the over/under until we start seeing stories now about how Defoe's "injury" is worse than everybody thought?

Man, we really drew the short straw in life with this team.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-01-2014 at 02:25 PM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Still leaves the possibility of January transfer which would be advantageous for both sides regardless of how the club does the rest of the season. Defoe will be chomping at the bit to get back in the PL after a couple months of rest. I would have taken advantage of this market value though, who knows what he might tear between now and then.
    If the January sale is on, that's better than the loan idea.

I wonder if it is on whether Defoe will actually want to play in Sept/Oct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post

YESSS
    Double yessss!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    Double yessss!!!!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOGUXD3MMbc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who will be more bitter now, Defoe or the owners?

Yup, him staying is a real recipe for success. Break out the champagne.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    What a total mess. Way to go Bez, how do you walk that back?

It's going to be Frings 2.0 now. What is the over/under until we start seeing stories now about how Defoe's "injury" is worse than everybody thought?

Man, we really drew the short straw in life with this team.
    Could be that Defoe's salary increase demands are influencing things. If he really wants to go, he probably shouldn't be looking for a raise. If that's the hold up, I suspect his camp will drop their demands and it will get done.

Dare I question the Toronto Sun in terms of accuracy but I'd say that until 5pm passes there is still hope… for either side in this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll wait until 5pm and no reports of him leaving.

Anyone got that pic of Plata with his new teams jersey while the club (Cochrane) was saying he was still with us? LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Semi-OT: Molinaro on the fan suggesting they might go back to the Osorio-Bradley partnership from the start of the season. Good move?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Could be that Defoe's salary increase demands are influencing things. If he really wants to go, he probably shouldn't be looking for a raise. If that's the hold up, I suspect his camp will drop their demands and it will get done.

Dare I question the Toronto Sun in terms of accuracy but I'd say that until 5pm passes there is still hope… for either side in this.
    It's being reported by english journalists too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Semi-OT: Molinaro on the fan suggesting they might go back to the Osorio-Bradley partnership from the start of the season. Good move?
    About effing time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Still leaves the possibility of January trabit'er which would be advantageous for both sides regardless of how the club does the rest of the season. Defoe will be chomping at the bit to get back in the PL after a couple months of rest. I would have taken advantage of this market value though, who knows what he might tear between now and then.
    We're talking about our DP here, a guy who is 'chomping at the bit' to get out of here......i hope if this is how he views our club he never suits up again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    I'll wait until 5pm and no reports of him leaving.

Anyone got that pic of Plata with his new teams jersey while the club (Cochrane) was saying he was still with us? LOL
    Larsun has MLS league office sources. Paperwork would have to be moving by now. I suspect he knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larsun has MLS league office sources. Paperwork would have to be moving by now. I suspect he knows.
    Ahh ok. I figured his source was somebody at TFC.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    It's being reported by english journalists too.
    They are picking up on the tweet.

Here's one from 56s ago:

Leicester City News @NEWSLCFC · 56s

Borini off- QPR back in for Defoe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who will be more bitter now, Defoe or the owners?

Yup, him staying is a real recipe for success. Break out the champagne.
    Yeah this is not going to be good. This will blow up fast if Defoe continues to give the other players shit on the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingback6 View Post
    This situation sickens me to no end. Bezbo is a slimy puke ,and completely out of touch.

Having learned about his calling out of his own team, the 3-0 result makes more sense. No way these guys are going to play for this team now. He is fucking idiot scum who doesn't undersant the difference between fantasy football and real football.

I was no fan of Nelsen's, but I question how much power he had even before the firing. Needless to say, I think things are going to get worse before they get better, and only once Bezb makes a mess of things, or rather continues making a mess, will the board have any sense.

If Bezbo brought made all the trades (most of which have had mixed results at best), then it means he is responsible for the downturn in form, and yet he has used his own failures as a pretext for firing Nelsen.

If Bezbo thinks he can simply steal a team and treat it like a toy, the boy is in for a rude awakening.
    What are you even talking about? We have been in an utter slump for the past 13 games. Nelsen job is to select the team, implement/adjust tactics, and motivate the team, all of which he has done miserably.
    This team comes out every game scared shitless of making a mistake, which has only exacerbated our inability to build and hold onto a lead. How often have we been up more than a goal? I'm sick and tired of watching this team score a lucky goal and then bunker for the entire game, only to lose/tie in the last 10-15 minutes. Anti football at its best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Ohhh how I hope so. Let Bradley be the link between our back line and the attacking players on our team and let Osorio dictate from the middle of the pitch. I don't care who plays on the wings cause I hate that style.

I'd rather see a 4-3-3 with DeRo out there and that says a lot….cause I'm not even a fan of his. But I'd rather see him out there over Jackson or Oduro.lol

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ quite a few are reporting that now… do a search on Borini.

Transfer News Live@DeadlineDayLive 5m
    Fabio Borini's move to Queens Park Rangers is off. (Source: BBC Radio 5 Live)

Transfer News Live@DeadlineDayLive 6m
    QPR have failed to agree personal terms with Liverpool forward Fabio Borini. Offer is £60k, player wants £90k. (Source: Sky Italia)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    We're talking about our DP here, a guy who is 'chomping at the bit' to get out of here......i hope if this is how he views our club he never suits up again.
    Never heard a word out of Defoe's own mouth that he was "chomping at the bit" to get out here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was watching Sky Sports news just now, they were interviewing QPR's chairman Tony Fernandes, talking about they're potential signings (Sandro, Borini and.. Defoe).

About Defoe, he said that it can still happen, "there's interest on both sides to move" and the only stumbling block is that the "Americans" are hesitant to let him go since they're in the playoff hunt. He considers a deal for Defoe as a "maybe".

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    Never heard a word out of Defoe's own mouth that he was "chomping at the bit" to get out here.
    ummm… he's in the UK right now. That good enough for ya?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Ahh ok. I figured his source was somebody at TFC.
    But looking at these other quotes, I wonder if you are right after all!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fdasilva View Post
    I was watching Sky Sports news just now, they were interviewing QPR's chairman Tony Fernandes, talking about they're potential signings (Sandro, Borini and.. Defoe).

About Defoe, he said that it can still happen, "there's interest on both sides to move" and the only stumbling block is that the "Americans" are hesitant to let him go since they're in the playoff hunt. He considers a deal for Defoe as a "maybe".
    That's the word out of Leicester too. That TFC want him for the playoffs. Maybe a sale with a loan back to Toronto…?