Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1593
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post A few talking heads offer their 2 cents....on ESPN

Are the wheels falling off TFC?

Wait patiently for the second video that follows the first.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Hal

Didn't you know? The wheels fell off a long time ago, just kidding, but not really. Do you think MLSE can buy me a new couch and redo my hardwood floors. It would be most appreciated. It was all for the CAUSE.
    kitty

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Kitty,

I think that you should get Nascar, Carts, Sparky and the usual gang of suspects to pitch in to pay for your post RPB renovations. Or King Dave could ask MoJo? It was during his era that damage was made - no?

Stay classy, Kitty!
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post

"They should've never parted ways with Paul Mariner" LOL, the wisdom of the talking heads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    The club sent him back to England, then considered selling him. Let's bottle the hate, shall we? He gave his all on the pitch, produced, never said a negative word. And the guys who persuaded him to be part of their vision are gone. FFS.
    So I'll put you in the category of people that refuse to believe the "reports" he's started to talk about killing his contract with TFC even before January?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    So I'll put you in the category of people that refuse to believe the "reports" he's started to talk about killing his contract with TFC even before January?
    Here is what I believe :

Jermain Defoe has scored at an almost a goal a game pace for TFC. He has said nothing against the club or stated a desire to leave. TFC has had numerous injuries that have affected the performance of the club. Ryan Nelsen took over the team and in the midst of his second season had the team in third place, then was fired. Greg Vanney has no head coaching experience, and TFC has lost all of its games since he was hired as coach, scoring no goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The damage has been the same Hal. That is the joke. One must have a sense of humour to get it. Unfortunately, things haven't changed much and supporters are still being fed boloney instead of roast beef.

ps. Hal

You left out quite a few RPB names there, including your own. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post

hahah Hal I think the wheels fell of on year -1. Now the bus is heading down a cliff without brakes!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

someone stuck the wheels back on with gum last off season……just took a few months to find out

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Out of the seven coaches we let go at #TFC, not any of them had a coaching license." - #MLSE's Tim Leiweke on #Toronto's MLS team

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    "Out of the seven coaches we let go at #TFC, not any of them had a coaching license." - #MLSE's Tim Leiweke on #Toronto's MLS team
    Hmmm. So Vanney does I take it?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Hmmm. So Vanney does I take it?
    He has USSF licenses
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TL creating excuse options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldnt Preki have had one?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CommradePolski View Post
    Wouldnt Preki have had one?
    I think he was discussing Nelsen and crew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right yes. That would make more sense. But you would think that O'Leary, Kerr and Oughton all had their licenses.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Fran does have a license. I can not figure out who all the seven coaches were, Nellie, Fran, Jimmy B, Stewart, Duncan. That's five as Jason Bent was retained.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leiweke also reportedly said he doesn't expect Defoe to be with TFC next season - no surprise there.

DP CAM please.

edit: Tim is none too pleased:

https://twitter.com/ArmenBedakian/st...83364129988608

"Leiweke: "I think if he doesn’t want to be here, you get rid of him." #TFC #MLS"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another quote has him saying if Defoe doesn't want to be here, he should "get the hell out".

The way he's talking, sounds like Defoe's wanting out came before the announcement Leiweke was due to leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defoe is a selfish arrogant cockney wanker just in it for himself.Always has been. I was delighted we got Bradley but never expected that twat to stick around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Another quote has him saying if Defoe doesn't want to be here, he should "get the hell out".

The way he's talking, sounds like Defoe's wanting out came before the announcement Leiweke was due to leave.
    AS I suggested in another thread, it makes a lot of sense for Defoe balking to be behind all of this, including the pace of Lieweke's departure.

It's a bloody big mistake (that shit never gets old).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ArmenBedakian: Leiweke: "We will have some new DPs we got to go get next year, I predict. I personally don’t think Defoe will come back." #TFC #MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@rikayla: @ArmenBedakian He also said that he regrets not firing Nelson last year, and had stuck with him bc of loyalty - he likes Nelson a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T@rikayla: @ArmenBedakian He also said that in the TFC changing room only new coach (Vanney?) and Bradley have that winning mentality.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

What value can saying this now have other than ensuring Defoe never plays in Sept or October?

Time to say it is the offseason before they sell him.

I get he is proud and pissed off. Unless he is venting in an ill calculated move, he must be pretty clear that Defoe won't play again in Toronto to put this out there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The latest Leiweke quotes must make Defoe really happen. And as well, drive down Defoe's value
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are Bogers doing? They are standing around on a street corner holding herman, while this clown wreaks havoc on the team.

What an absolute gong show. They need Leiweke out TODAY.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    The latest Leiweke quotes must make Defoe really happen. And as well, drive down Defoe's value
    It wouldn't appear as though he is doing anyone any favours.

To go from spinning this as they received offers because they are big boys now but turned them down to this...? Something clearly has happened.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    What are Bogers doing? They are standing around on a street corner holding herman, while this clown wreaks havoc on the team.

What an absolute gong show. They need Leiweke out TODAY.
    I give credit to TL for sticking around and helping with the transition. He is a well respected sports leader, who to his credit wants to make sure everything is in good shape when he ultimately departs. He is not wreaking havoc at all. Who else at the point could run this organization, they have to find the right success. No need to rush into things with TL still here.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should have sold him at the deadline. Fuck MLS and the image it would make. I rather they stand up and say we don't need players not committed and that's why he would be sold.

I predict his value takes a dive now.