Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yes it is BS.

MLSE might be taking a fall here on behalf of MLS. Defoe is not very good at hiding his disgruntlement, so we'll know by October where this sits with him. If MLSE wanted to blame MLS, they could right now but I doubt TL and TB would want to do that.
    Og, not being a dick here, don't get the MLS connection???
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 09-02-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

I still doubt TFC got any offer for him that would have gotten them out whole. They would have taken that.
    this.
    i bet if we could have gotten a suitable replacement he would have gone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    if he plays again this season?
    Lets go glass half full into the next ten games ehh :@)

new coach, new staff, attacking play and a fresh outlook !!

Or

Is it the Bank Hol Monday beer talking ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QPR chairman Tony Fernandes confirms that they agreed contract terms with Defoe but that Toronto FC at the last minute decided to not let the transfer go through. He feels confident the player will join in January.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there it is folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Well there it is folks.
    Yeah change in coach, playoffs. injury...they were not the reasons....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still smell MLS saying no to this...he was all but gone yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fdasilva View Post
    QPR chairman Tony Fernandes confirms that they agreed contract terms with Defoe but that Toronto FC at the last minute decided to not let the transfer go through. He feels confident the player will join in January.
    Yea!!....We have a 'rental DP' for the stretch run...(if he is healthy enough to even play that is)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep him for now, make the playoffs, ride him as long as possible, and sell in the off season when we can immediately replace him.

This could end up working out. But that's if, and only if, we make the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    Yea!!....We have a 'rental DP' for the stretch run...(if he is healthy enough to even play that is)

If Defoe knows he is joining QPR in the middle of the EPL season, how hard do you think he works for us durring the stretch run, knowing he will have just played a full MLS season and has half an EPL season, all without rest, while on a nagging injury....not impressed if this is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Keep him for now, make the playoffs, ride him as long as possible, and sell in the off season when we can immediately replace him.

This could end up working out. But that's if, and only if, we make the playoffs.
    omg...now yr putting all that pressure on the players...don't think RN would like thati need a drink and I don't drink...I jus wanna watch some futbol

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to wonder how single entity comes into this (if at all).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fdasilva View Post
    QPR chairman Tony Fernandeus confirms that they agreed contract terms with Defoe but that Toronto FC at the last minute decided to not let the transfer go through. He feels confident the player will join in January.
    This totally makes sense.
    Bonus for JD is that he will have Christmas and New Year's off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we start talking about Nelsen's replacement please?

If we get one more coach with no first team experience. no track record for winning anything. no understanding of MLS player pawning and drafts and no clout in the locker room.....

Can you guys NOT fall over yourselves to vilify the first person to step up and ask why we have yet another rookie coach with no fucking clue?

There was never any long term plan here, there was no fucking 'gelling' with players that are still going through a revolving door as I type this.

Everything said about 'plans' 'long term strategies' 'gelling' and other such notions was bollocks.

It was bollocks with Nelsen, it was bollocks with Mariner, it was bollocks with Winter and it was bollocks with every coach that stood on our sidelines swearing at referees and fourth officials before that.

Please, can we get a real coach now? One that has proven his worth as a first team coach at this level?

Stop welcoming rookies with open arms and calling out the doubters 'patience'

When the next coach starts to fail, please dont call the first person to say so: 'an ignoramus who is just seeking immediate gratification and results.'

Listen. You know who you are.

Fuck you. Your team and its chaperones are a bunch of twats, and they've made you look stupid by failing to prove you correct about your long term strategy and 'gelling' and such.......again.

Demand a real coach and accept nothing less.

For the love of God. Stop the madness now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post

If we get one more coach with no first team experience. no track record for winning anything. no understanding of MLS player pawning and drafts and no clout in the locker room.....

Can you guys NOT fall over yourselves to vilify the first person to step up and ask why we have yet another rookie coach with no fucking clue?

There was never any long term plan here, there was no fucking 'gelling' with players that are still going through a revolving door as I type this.

Everything said about 'plans' 'long term strategies' 'gelling' and other such notions was bollocks.

It was bollocks with Nelsen, it was bollocks with Mariner, it was bollocks with Winter and it was bollocks with every coach that stood on our sidelines swearing at referees and fourth officials before that.

Please, can we get a real coach now? One that has proven his worth as a first team coach at this level?

When the next coach starts to fail, please dont call the first person to say so: 'an ignoramus who is just seeking immediate gratification and results.'

Fuck you. Your team and its chaperones are a bunch of twats, and they've made you look stupid by failing to prove you correct about your long term strategy and 'gelling' and such.......again.

A real coach, why would they come here..look at the RN article..this job pays less than an assistant coach in the EPL. If Nelson hadn't know Payne and he was not such an individual who didn't need the pay cheque he would not even been obtainable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not even know where to start here. How stupid do these people think we are?

First off, to what Exiled said, right effing on. We have a rookie coach (and a total neophyte GM), who has already been bloviating about how Vanney will bring an offensive flair, and can help the team create an international brand ... he actually said these things to Molinaro, Molinaro reported them on the radio. As though saying them makes them self-evidently true. Because it's so heartfelt, you know, because that's what matters, that Bez believes it. (Anselmi played this game to the hilt, you'd think that would have killed it, but no.)

Vanney is a non-entity, another wild-ass experiment. Who has been chosen because of his loyalty, without any kind of process. That is all anyone can say for sure.

Second: they put the "for sale" sign up in public in the transfer window, a highly unusual move, and now, 24 hours later, they are saying someone met their price but they changed their mind?

They think we're all six year olds and they can tell us any fairy tale they feel like...

I am glad I gave up my tickets and feel for those who did not. I do not appreciate being treated like an idiot who can be told anything.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-01-2014 at 06:46 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post

Og, not being a dick here, don't get the MLS connection???
    MLS is unlikely to be happy with a big star coming over and then going back to England during the next transfer window. Precedent, etc.

And I'm pretty sure neither TB nor TL want to tick off anybody at MLS, just to keep their options open in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not even know where to start here. How stupid do these people think we are?

First off, to what Exiled said, right effing on. We have a rookie coach (and a total neophyte GM), but you are clearly just someone with a psychological problem if you think that maybe, just maybe, this setup is not the leading indicator of success. Bez has already been bloviating about how Vanney will bring an offensive flair, and can help the team create an international brand ... he actually said these things to Molinaro, Molinaro reported them on the radio. As though saying them makes them self-evidently true. Because it's so heartfelt, you know, because that's what matters, that Bez believes it. But Vanney is a non-entity, another wild-ass experiment.
    Second: they put the "for sale" sign up in public in the transfer window, a highly unusual move, and now, 24 hours later, they are saying someone met their price but they changed their mind?

They think we're all six year olds and they can tell us any fairy tale they feel like...

I am glad I gave up my tickets. I do not appreciate being treated like an idiot who can be told anything.
    why do you give a shit then...you don't even pay to watch...go watch a movie..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I give you credit for predicting a lot of what has transpired recently but you're wrong to be skeptical about this. As far as transfers go this was pretty routine. And Redknapp himself has already stated that's pretty much how it went down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For any MLS expert out there (i've only been following the league since Tfc started).
    Who out in the soccer world is there to choose from to come right our ship who
    1. Has enough coaching experience to satisfy the lot of you
    2. Has MLS experience which seems to be needed
    3. Is available.
    4. Wants to come here and be paid less than other leagues
    5. Has connections to bring in decent players.
    This seems to be some of the requirements ive read over and over on this board.
    So who out there meets some if not all of these requirements?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LFC_TFC View Post
    For any MLS expert out there (i've only been following the league since Tfc started).
    Who out in the soccer world is there to choose from to come right our ship who
    1. Has enough coaching experience to satisfy the lot of you
    2. Has MLS experience which seems to be needed
    3. Is available.
    4. Wants to come here and be paid less than other leagues
    5. Has connections to bring in decent players.
    This seems to be some of the requirements ive read over and over on this board.
    So who out there meets some if not all of these requirements?
    Schellas Hyndman. I honestly don't know if the club has asked, but he would be the first person I would go to this offseason.
    Last edited by Richard; 09-01-2014 at 06:52 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney is not an experiement.

He's all we got right now. We are not going to get a real coach at this point. He is the stop gap cooked up by TL and TB at the beginning of the season in case of a Nelsen flame out.

Ride him and the players and see if we can still get into the playoffs.

Then, unless the guy rolls into the Final, bring in plan B coach (which if TL wasn't thinking about since when he joined MLSE, he has changed his spots).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I give you credit for predicting a lot of what has transpired recently but you're wrong to be skeptical about this. As far as transfers go this was pretty routine. And Redknapp himself has already stated that's pretty much how it went down.
    It's in QPR's interest to play it this way to help TFC off the hook. In case they do have an interest in January. So the value of Redknapp confirming that is low.

Look at how other clubs handle this, and compare. That is all I am saying. This was amateur hour.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post

Agreed. Bez had an opportunity here to stop the track record of rookie and inexperienced coaches. Bring in someone would has turned teams around. None available right now and Nelson had to go? I am okay with that but name Vanney interm instead of the manager indefinitely.

In many respects we are doing good things. Gutting old senior management, gutting the entire coaching team, signing good experienced MLS players and spending big on DP's. However what has seemed to be missing is an experienced manager who can bring it all together. Maybe Vanney is the answer to our prayers. However, he should be interm until the proper manager can be found. Vanney doesn't like it? Well prove to management and the fans you deserve to be the head manager.

Overall I agree that would need to expect more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what has he predicted...that TL is leaving...that the leafs are going to play 15 outdoor games a yr ,defoe pulled his hammy.they going stop the bmo upperdeck build..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Schellas Hyndman. I honestly don't know if the club has asked, but he would be the first person I would go to this offseason.
    35% win record..playoff or bust..gone by lunchtime.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's all we got right now. We are not going to get a real coach at this point. He is the stop gap cooked up by TL and TB at the beginning of the season in case of a Nelsen flame out.

Then, unless the guy rolls into the Final, bring in plan B coach (which if TL wasn't thinking about since when he joined MLSE, he has changed his spots).
    You could have had Onalfo or Klopas or Hyndman for the 10 games. All recent MLS vets. Somebody could do a search and find 5 more names.

Pick one. Anyone. They'd be better prepared for this than Vanney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree but why give him the manager indefinitely tag? Give him the interm manager and if he warrants an extension then ok. I just don't think the way they suddenly presented Vanney was that reassuring to fans. Vanney said all the right things during the press conference and I think fans could see why Nelson had to go. But replacing Nelson who had no experience with another guy will a tad more but no Head Manager experience in any top league isn't that reassuring.

For myself anyway if Bez presented the situation as Nelson had to go, Vanney will steady the ship the best he can. He needs to prove to us he can handle the job because he has never done it before. In the meantime we will look to fill the position with experience.

Idk the non-interm tag surprised me and I think a lot of people on this board and twitter.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could have had Onalfo or Klopas or Hyndman for the 10 games. All recent MLS vets. Somebody could do a search and find 5 more names.

Pick one. Anyone. They'd be better prepared for this than Vanney.
    And all of them would want a guarantee of being around next season and would spend a good chunk of those 10 games assessing who they want to keep for when they think they have to succeed in order not to be fired, which is EXACTLY what TB does not want to have happen.

I agree with Exiled Red in many ways.

We deserve a real professional coach (not one of those 3 IMHO). Top MLS calibre. Arena would be my choice.

Its not going to happen now.

Vanney can go back to the Academy after this season.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 09-01-2014 at 07:05 PM.