Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    This move may end up saving Ashtone Morgan's career, by the way.
    Haha I would love to see the pre-game lineup prediction by TFC staff. I can just imagine all the Canadian players starting, the coach does "believe in the Canadian player".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal turn down defoe. Perhaps only LCFC now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the presser was very uninspiring shallow, just a consistent unraveling.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Haha I would love to see the pre-game lineup prediction by TFC staff. I can just imagine all the Canadian players starting, the coach does "believe in the Canadian player".
    I feel like this quote is being taken out of context by everyone. Vanney was asked a question specifically about the role of the academy and the canadian players on the team..... I doubt he said it to make a point
    Side before self, every time - The one and only Billy Bremner
    Supporting TFC and Leeds United : Never a dull moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by speckles View Post
    i would never give you a break. No one said the money wasn't a consideration, no need to be leading as well, it took vision, personal contacts, a world cup and money to get any quality players to even look at us. Defoe has certainly been more consistent with his performance than most of this team. Keep the blinkers on.
    His performances aren't what's in question: it's his commitment.

Everything that is happening now would have been brought up by his advisors as risks prior to joining. MLS being physical, Nelsen not being around forever, whatever else might be his grievances.

If he is of such great principles, let him have his move at the price of tearing up his contract.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 09-01-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/QUOTE=speckles;1691708]i would never give you a break. No one said the money wasn't a consideration, no need to be leading as well, it took vision, personal contacts, a world cup and money to get any quality players to even look at us. Defoe has certainly been more consistent with his performance than most of this team. Keep the blinkers on.[/QUOTE]

defoe has scored some nice goals for us but take away the goals he has scored from the penalty spot and Gilberto almost has as many goals scored with no pk attempts....
    Last edited by azorean; 09-01-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good riddance. Wonder if Piccolomo is still available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a far better chance of finishing this off positively with Defoe in the lineup than not. I'm really hoping he stays.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just in. Defoe asked to leave when he read news about the new Canadian prostitution law. Pooning will be much easier for him back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The link is Leiweke. His departure itself in Defoe's case, the vacuum it created with respect to the Bez/Nelsen showdown.

The fact that both happened on the exact same day is coincidence.

Exaclty. Seems to me that the Leiweke departure started the implosion.

Defoe rumblings were already there, Leiweke departure tipped the scale, and left Nelsen susceptible to Bez.

Like a house of cards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so it looks like all we acomplished this year was gaining Gilberto and losing Laba…….everything else was the regular TFC circus bullshit…...

some things will never change in this town.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilberto has played more games, his missed opportunities have cost us a number of games although there is no question about his work rate and he consistently tries.

ps Who said anything about great principles, this is professional football. Risks are one thing the reality of those risks being realised is entirely different situation. I do not see why he has to be loyal when everything around him has changed.

Actually he talked about the length of contract when signed in the UK, i suspect it had the most appeal to Defoe, he will be loaned and we will being paying his premium wages for a long time to come me suspects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matt Law Telegraph:
    "Leicester City are emerging as surprise favourites to sign Jermain Defoe on loan with a view to a permanent move.

Arsenal passed up the chance to sign Defoe from Toronto FC earlier today and Queens Park Rangers have cooled their interest in the former Tottenham man.
    That leaves Leicester as the club most likely to sign Defoe, barring any late developments or changes of heart.
    Defoe will have to lower his £90,000-a-week wage demands to complete a return to the Premier League, but his determination to move back to England is likely to see the 31-year-old do that.
    With time running out on transfer deadline day, Leicester are likely to try to sign Defoe on loan until the January window with a view to making the transfer permanent in the New Year."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goals per minute stats minus pk goals would be interesting to see.....Gilberto has to be very close to Defoes' numbers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Exaclty. Seems to me that the Leiweke departure started the implosion.

Defoe rumblings were already there, Leiweke departure tipped the scale, and left Nelsen susceptible to Bez.

Like a house of cards.
    Other likely implications (Bradley, BMO expansion) are playing out at a different speed.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QPR is passing? Wait a second.

Bez going public with QPR's Defoe offer is looking incredibly stupid. When do you ever see that?

It may have seriously pissed QPR off. Nobody likes being a stalking horse. In public!

If this thing falls through and Defoe is still here at 6.01pm, Bez himself should probably be fired just for that at year end.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    Goals per minute stats minus pk goals would be interesting to see.....Gilberto has to be very close to Defoes' numbers.
    Next Saturday will be VERY interesting indeed. New coach. Probably less defensive-minded team - sounds like Vanney wants us to be more aggressive. This could definitely help Gilberto. And Defoe, if he stays. I'm getting more excited with this coaching change by the hour. I liked everything Vanney said, and his analysis of our problems was spot on. Never felt that way about a new coach. BUT he's a rookie, so who the hell knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bez going public with QPR's Defoe offer is looking incredibly stupid. When do you ever see that?

It may have seriously pissed QPR off. Nobody likes being a stalking horse. In public!

If this thing falls through and Defoe is still here at 6.01pm, Bez himself should probably be fired just for that at year end.
    I'm pretty sure Bez never mentioned QPR. He said he had offers but didn't want to specify from which clubs. Molinaro is the one who first reported QPR's interest. But it looks like they're going after Borini instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    We have a far better chance of finishing this off positively with Defoe in the lineup than not. I'm really hoping he stays.

Me to.

If he's healthy, finish off the year with him, and move him in January for another younger DP AM or Striker.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did Bez confirm it was QPR or did he just say there were offers? I think it was a couple of the reporters who tied in qpr to it all
    Side before self, every time - The one and only Billy Bremner
    Supporting TFC and Leeds United : Never a dull moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was widely rumoured that they'd recieved an offer already, Bez just confirmed it. he didn't mention QPR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, here is what went down: Bez was good in the actual press conference. He said no team names but said there was this offer.... But in a private 1on1 with KJ he dropped, accidentally, that "we have been in constant contact with QPR, stating a line similar to that of when we had Cesar, like QPR had some sort of say or connect to the player in question (Defoe). It was a bad play...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defoe was brought here to score goals. What did he do? He scored goals for TFC. The down side was injuries, he missed quite a few games in the short time he was here. What I would like to know tho is why he wants out of TFC and MLS so early. What was he expecting from MLS? What was he expecting from Toronto? Was it the management that he hated? Or did he get home sick? Either way he never gave the team, league or city long enough to adjust. Reminds me of friends who moved away to experience a new country and adventure for a few years and came back years later. While other friends said the same but were back home in a few months because of home sick and other difficult situations suck as finding the right job, but overall they just didn't give enough time to adjust. Dam you Defoe.
    Last edited by james; 09-01-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other likely implications (Bradley, BMO expansion) are playing out at a different speed.
    I also hear that they going cancel the new subway line and fill the ACC with water and make it a pool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    I also hear that they going cancel the new subway line and fill the ACC with water and make it a pool.
    I laughed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    It was widely rumoured that they'd recieved an offer already, Bez just confirmed it. he didn't mention QPR.
    Clarification understood. Doesn't really change my point that much, if he was the source for the QPR name, as I suspect he was.

This was a timed, calculated gambit to put Defoe aggressively in the shop window. Which you rarely/never see (contrast this with how Mourinho is handling the Torres and Cech situations)

Either there was never a QPR deal on the table, in which case this roll of the dice was stupid, or there was, in which case he may well have scared them off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Next Saturday will be VERY interesting indeed. New coach. Probably less defensive-minded team - sounds like Vanney wants us to be more aggressive. This could definitely help Gilberto. And Defoe, if he stays. I'm getting more excited with this coaching change by the hour. I liked everything Vanney said, and his analysis of our problems was spot on. Never felt that way about a new coach. BUT he's a rookie, so who the hell knows.
    Next Saturday? How about this Wednesday?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    See. I told you guys the fabric of our very society would crumble with Lieweke leaving. Apocalyptic wasteland here we come.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Next Saturday? How about this Wednesday?
    Away match probably won't bring barnstorming changes after what, 2 practice sessions? Plus it's away so I think everything will be similar. Biggest difference and point of interest will be the players attitudes. That will tell the biggest story. Better than all our conjecture anyhow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im in my bunker...wifi not bad down here,good ole rogers service.