Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    ensco, maybe RN felt he was immune? Anyways, here's an interesting bit of insight from Paul Attfield of the Globe: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle20290806/
    Interesting. Would've thought at lease some of those were Bez. Guess you never really know who's calling which shots behind the scenes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=molenshtain;1691468]How did you think things were going to get any better after saturday? Every single player, barring maybe Gilberto, gave up on Nelsen.[/QUOTE

I think bringing in a manager at this point of the season is nuts. You can't change tactics at this point, wouldn't be able to impliment that even if you wanted. Van Gaal telling Utd fans it will take a season to impliment his, and he has spent 150 million quid, what chance have we got with whatever 2nd rate coach we bring in at this stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    Does RPB have an official position on the coaching change? Supported, not supported, indifferent?

Also, now that it is becoming clear, (what some of us have suspected), that Defoe does not want to be here, should a transfer not happen tomorrow what is RPB's response to him? Banner expressing our opinion, booing, etc..? I seem to remember once upon a time when a chant "Earn your Pay cheque" was chanted at Dero. Anything for Defoe if he returns?

thank him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I would agree with you if there was a coach lined up and a coaching staff with experience. But to fire EVERYBODY, and including letting your star player, top goalscorer, and lead marketing guy go, strikes me as a despirate move, a move from the heart and not the head. Our chances of getting IN the playoffs were fairly good. Now I would say they are slim.
    Who exactly did you want them to keep? Fran O'Leary? Jimmy Brennan? If you want to see changes, you might as well clean house and start off on a clean slate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we are to play more Canadian content, its hardly going to help - a 36 year old DeRo, Morgan who we know has problems defending, Bekker who isn't a hassle player at all, Henry who is athletic and gives up bad penalties due to blood rushing to his head - these guys are hardly going to save our season!

"The Canadian player" - who the hell is that meant to be exactly?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=burlington Red;1691478]
    Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    How did you think things were going to get any better after saturday? Every single player, barring maybe Gilberto, gave up on Nelsen.[/QUOTE

I think bringing in a manager at this point of the season is nuts. You can't change tactics at this point, wouldn't be able to impliment that even if you wanted. Van Gaal telling Utd fans it will take a season to impliment his, and he has spent 150 million quid, what chance have we got with whatever 2nd rate coach we bring in at this stage.
    Van Gaal has an entirely new formation and differnt and more complex movement he wants to implement. Vanney is going to be more focused on getting back to basics. That's implementable within a week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think Oduro and Henry were game too.
    Hagglund tried - he just paniced and is REALLY REALLY tired from a much longer season then he's ever had.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we are to play more Canadian content, its hardly going to help - a 36 year old DeRo, Morgan who we know has problems defending, Bekker who isn't a hassle player at all, Henry who is athletic and gives up bad penalties due to blood rushing to his head - these guys are hardly going to save our season!

I am hoping and assuming that he means in the future.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Who exactly did you want them to keep? Fran O'Leary? Jimmy Brennan? If you want to see changes, you might as well clean house and start off on a clean slate.
    I understand the clean slate, but not in the middle/end of a season! That makes no sense whatsoever! In good management/governance you need SOME consistency otherwise you loose your entire skillset in one swoop, which is exactly what Be has done today. Baby has been thrown out with bathwater, the bath, and the whole bathroom!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahah loved the Henry bit... And I'm a Henry fan! But I totally agree. I hate these blank statements just because you're in Toronto. Give it a rest, the Canadian contingent we currently have isn't good enough aside from Henry and Oso (and both of these guys are young and have issues still).

The one thing I didnt' like about Nelson was his hiring of Fran O'Leary. Another guy with no real background. I can only hope that Vanney manages to find a competent staff to work for him. But who is he to convince good coaches to work under him.

As much as we've struggled how does this team make the playoffs now having to go through a complete tactical change again (assuming we even had tactics to begin with?). If Bez knew he had to make a decision, how did he not try and go after a coach with some experience. I want Vanney to prove me wrong but I see this whole thing as a step backwards more than anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand the clean slate, but not in the middle/end of a season! That makes no sense whatsoever! In good management/governance you need SOME consistency otherwise you loose your entire skillset in one swoop, which is exactly what Be has done today. Baby has been thrown out with bathwater, the bath, and the whole bathroom!
    I agree and I think the timing sucks and it is stupid but I can see the point. If the team gives up now the damage of these last 10 matches and an epic crumble would devastate fans and players alike. Something like that would hang over the franchise in the off season. Now, maybe, these last 10 matches can salvage something. Maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=molenshtain;1691483]
    Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post

Van Gaal has an entirely new formation and differnt and more complex movement he wants to implement. Vanney is going to be more focused on getting back to basics. That's implementable within a week.
    and you know that how?

Defo might go as perhaps bradley if rumours are true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

funny you say that sc 116 last night, there was a debate about worst ever TFC player in history, I said Iro and Welsh, and some guy behind said Lombard and hes was pro right
    Braz and Reda made Iro look like a superstar

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I'm seeing, the Bradley rumours are based on speculation on this board and on twitter by supporters.

Not a single media person has suggested there is an issue with Bradley and TFC.

None.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Braz and Reda made Iro look like a superstar
    ouch, close but no cigar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=burlington Red;1691489]

and you know that how?

Defo might go as perhaps bradley if rumours are true

how do I know that's what Vanney wants to do? because he said it in the presser.
    How do know that it's implementable very easily? because I've seen it multiple times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    From what I'm seeing, the Bradley rumours are based on speculation on this board and on twitter by supporters.

None.
    yeah you are right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None.
    yup. This. Bradley, from all actual accounts, by actual reporters and actual interactions with him, is very happy in this city and (from the Attfield piece) was not pleased with Nelsen's staff professionalism. that's it.

Defoe on the other hand, is looking more and more like some type of sulky scum.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More likely Defoe just loves the EPL and living in London. He thought he could try something new, but just couldn't. Heck, I think the guy had issues playing at Portsmouth. Happens to a lot of people who move places, even those making a ton of money.

Bradley, on the other hand, has lived in a couple of different countries and learned the language and tried to enjoy where he is. Sometimes he talks like English is a second language to him. He's a perfect fit for this city.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=molenshtain;1691496]

how do I know that's what Vanney wants to do? because he said it in the presser.
    How do know that it's implementable very easily? because I've seen it multiple times.
    where a new manager comes in during the season and there is no issues implementing the new coaches philosophy, I can give you more examples of that not happening than when it happens.
    I hope he has no issues
    Problem I have, guys senior pros like Bradley, Defoe, Orr, Caldwell, Gilberto- well they respect Vanney, considering they have worked with coaches of higher repute and will he be able to attract the better known names we want to get in future markets. Would Defoe have signed for Vanney?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The time to get rid of Nelson was now, 3 in 13 since the world cup was simply not good enough and the team had started to regress. I know some are content with squeaking in to the playoffs but this group of players can obviously do better and were being let down by the coaching staff. How many times did we watch teams figure our tactics out, out play us and we would not respond. The only reason we are in a better spot today than last year is thanks to the individual efforts of the better players we have on this team. let's hope Vanney let's them play with some more freedom and we can see what they can really do
    Side before self, every time - The one and only Billy Bremner
    Supporting TFC and Leeds United : Never a dull moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup. This. Bradley, from all actual accounts, by actual reporters and actual interactions with him, is very happy in this city and (from the Attfield piece) was not pleased with Nelsen's staff professionalism. that's it.

guy comes and scores goals and gets called scum, classy.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=burlington Red;1691503]

where a new manager comes in during the season and there is no issues implementing the new coaches philosophy, I can give you more examples of that not happening than when it happens.
    I hope he has no issues
    Problem I have, guys senior pros like Bradley, Defoe, Orr, Caldwell, Gilberto- well they respect Vanney, considering they have worked with coaches of higher repute and will he be able to attract the better known names we want to get in future markets. Would Defoe have signed for Vanney?
    They had no problem playing for Ryan Nelsen, who has less experience then Vanney does
    Side before self, every time - The one and only Billy Bremner
    Supporting TFC and Leeds United : Never a dull moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More likely Defoe just loves the EPL and living in London. He thought he could try something new, but just couldn't. Heck, I think the guy had issues playing at Portsmouth. Happens to a lot of people who move places, even those making a ton of money.

Bradley, on the other hand, has lived in a couple of different countries and learned the language and tried to enjoy where he is. Sometimes he talks like English is a second language to him. He's a perfect fit for this city.
    Defoe could at least try to make it look like he want's to be here. We did a so much for him and so many people came out to see him specifically, just to get gut punched because he couldn't adjust to being the big fish in the small pond.

I've always thought he talked English with a sort of Nordic accent. Maybe that's just what Jersey is like.

Edit: bradley, that is.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 08-31-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah Paul Attfield. This same Paul Affield?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle13059185/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Ah Paul Attfield. This same Paul Affield?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle13059185/
    I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if he was only here as a mercenary to get a spot on the WC squad, and then sulked all summer because he didn't make it and made some not so subtle moves about wanting to go back, knowing it could seriously hurt the long term health of the club because of the incredibly fragile state the club is in, then yeah. It's all a little scummy. Honour you're huge fucking contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His embarrassing spat with Gilberto during the New York game was classy too. Not to mention his constant bitching and hand gesturing when, God forbid, someone doesn't pass to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=bman27;1691506]

They had no problem playing for Ryan Nelsen, who has less experience then Vanney does
    well they did have a problem or he'd still be here.

Nelsen's respect from the players came from his playing career.Orr and defoe are here because of their prior exp with Ryan

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good question.

Complete speculation on my part, bu I think Bradley, and probably Caldwell, have been let in on this earlier today and asked to play a role for this season in getting the team to the goal - playoffs. Both are professional enough to lead that dressing room.

I only base that on the flimsy evidence of Bradley being one of the last to leave the KIA training grounds before the media got there today and on the sight of Caldwell on the side of the pitch during warmups before Saturday, something I haven't seen before when he's been injured.