Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was interesting that they didn't attempt to announce it as a sell out. Strangley enough, my area of 221 was more full then normal. None of us happy of course...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    Nelsen blames the GM for "upsetting" his players....ROTFLMAO! Welcome to the TFC Clown Show 2014.......

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh great, TFC drama days are here again. John Molinaro also reported similar stuff.

As someone else said, Nelson really doing a great job of keeping everything inside those four walls. What an effing joke. You don't like what Bez is saying? Talk to Bez!

Anyway, Nelson has said similar things, about the team needing to do better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal beat the Crew 2-nil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerepis View Post
    Montreal beat the Crew 2-nil
    thank you god for this conference you've blessed us with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Oh great, TFC drama days are here again. John Molinaro also reported similar stuff.

As someone else said, Nelson really doing a great job of keeping everything inside those four walls. What an effing joke. You don't like what Bez is saying? Talk to Bez!

Anyway, Nelson has said similar things, about the team needing to do better.

Just watched the press conference. It's waaaaaaaaaaay worse than even the tweets make it sound.

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2014/0...august-30-2014

Start at about 3:25 in. He's throwing knives for about 5 minutes. So passive aggressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We continue to be utterly out of sync moving the ball forward, no cohesion or predictability. Many missed opportunities.

Warner was dreadful tracking back, jogging most of the time.

We gifted them so many chances, due to dreadful passing.

We have no idea how to execute a corner kick into something on net, always finds a defender.

Our expensive MB4 was supposed to help us own the middle of the pitch, tonight we got obliterated there.

One of the, if not the, worst performance(s) of the season.

Lastly, why the fuck does every player we hate score against us? Peterson? Bunbury? Along with every ex player, when they visit, they score. It's maddening to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a hr and 1/2 to find a parking spot to watch that shit..i want a refund.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 117 View Post
    Just watched the press conference. It's waaaaaaaaaaay worse than even the tweets make it sound.

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2014/0...august-30-2014

Start at about 3:25 in. He's throwing knives for about 5 minutes. So passive aggressive.
    I love that at 3 nil he was talking to his sidekick uncle fester on what to do next,thats great a guy who has never coached talking to a 3rd div college coach...jezzz

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    There have to be some sort of incentives the FO can put in place to get people into their seats before the game starts. it's so embarrassing having the stadium looking like a mariner era champions league game until the 30th minute every. damn. game.
    The 30th minute looked quite like the 1st minute. I don't know how they can say over 20,000 with a straight face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was my sanctuary in between shifts since I worked till 9 tonight and start at 8:30 am tomorrow.
    I watched the first two minutes, forwarded to the second goal and checked the site for the final score, I probably won't even watch the game.

I think it's time to flip the lid covering the panic button. No need to hover hand it yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    The 30th minute looked quite like the 1st minute. I don't know how they can say over 20,000 with a straight face.
    who gives a shit about empty seats blah blah blah,worry about how shit the team is playing..geezz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted that before the 30th. I guess you can use the excuse of labor day weekend and people being away because the last few games have filled up really well... but even the typically awfully attended east side looked sooo empty today. Scary if we're planning on adding 8,000 seats.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That press conference. Wow.

Not sure I understand why Nelsen chose that tact. Arguing publicly with your boss never ends well.

And to say that the players were aggravated because they were feeling pressure when they shouldn't have any pressure?

What exactly did he expect when they have the highest payroll? Or when TL guaranteed the playoffs? No pressure?

Sounds like Bez simply said it is time to step up. It is isn't it?

I defend Nelsen but I am at a loss on this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelsen cant loose the dressing room so he is going to protect his players, if Bez wants to call the team out then he shouldn't really expect any other comment from Nelsen when they loose. Bez isn't the one trying to mentally prepare these players, Nelsen is.
    Last edited by Richard; 08-30-2014 at 09:57 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I posted that before the 30th. I guess you can use the excuse of labor day weekend and people being away because the last few games have filled up really well... but even the typically awfully attended east side looked sooo empty today. Scary if we're planning on adding 8,000 seats.
    At the risk of pissing off Reggie, I will say that I agree. On the plus side, the extra supply and limited demand should hold ticket prices reasonable.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Nelsen cant loose the dressing room so he is going to protect his players, if Bez wants to call the team out then he shouldn't really expect any other comment from Nelsen. Bez isn't the one trying to mentally prepare these players, Nelsen is.
    So did Nelsen feel the same when the other Tim guaranteed the playoffs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a shitty result. We just shouldn't be getting blown out like that...with our payroll against NE at home. I know that our defense is rather porous at the moment, but can't Bendik make a save once and a while?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RN should start to feel the pressure,no playoffs no job...the poor guys were tight tonight...come on man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So did Nelsen feel the same when the other Tim guaranteed the playoffs?
    That was at the beginning of the season right? I think Nelsen knows the expectation of making the playoffs, he knows he would be fired if he doesn't get there. The players know its the goal, during the season I think its best for everyone to get to work, calling out rarely works.

These comments today from him are about man management. We don't know about the mental situation of club, maybe he feels Bez is out line needlessly increasing pressure. Maybe there are rifts, Bradley not doing so well, he perhaps wants everyone to keep cool. Philosophical differences between the two I think.
    Last edited by Richard; 08-30-2014 at 10:08 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is only two possible scenarios;

Either the players are not smart enough to understand or follow a game plan or they are not athletically able to execute at this level

The biggest concern is the team constantly coming out flat to start big games

Hate to say it.......
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup. me too. Games at hand and all but our form is just putrid at the moment. our defence can't stop a nosebleed.

I also think that everyone saying Bradley needs to be benched is seriously overlooking how bad Warner has been playing. Bradley, while looking mostly disinterested and lacklustre in our third of the park, hit 4-5 perfect through balls to attacking players that close to no players in the league can play. Warner has trouble doing anything at all at the moment.
    Bradley is a terrific player and we are lucky to have him. But today, he was culpable on the first goal and after missing the pass didn't fight to stop the goal scorer; on the second two he gave it away but then didn't try very hard to stop the play that resulted from his mistake. I don't know if its tiredness, laziness, or a misguided sense of positioning, but he needed to work hard in each of those situations to try to stop any goal scoring chance. Same thing with at least one of the goals by Chicago, and I think the game before too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    That can't end well...
    Nelsen has to go anyway so this might be the rift that we need .... or that Bez needs to bring in a proper coach. Lord knows that's our biggest problem right now (not to belittle the injury situation).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Error
    Last edited by MightyDM; 08-30-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried to write this a few times but each time I look at what is written ;I erase so here goes.
    NELSON---(1)Try coaching instead of complaining.
    (2)He could have subbed anyone of Bradley/Oduro/Osario/Warner/Moore/Orr who were ALL PUTRID.
    (3)1 sub at 60th---1 at 70th and 1at 80 mins--we were crap and down 3-0 Dero/ Dike/Lovitz could have gone in at the half --MIGHT have made a difference.
    (4)Do not get me started on the lack of defending on all 3 goals.Pass them the ball and move out of the way.
    (5)IF THIS IS T.F.C. FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON ------####
    BeZ had better look into his crystal ball and conjure a genie.
    WE HAVE 10 GAMES LEFT AND 17 POINTS TO GET.
    ON TODAY'S PERFORMANCE WE WILL BE LUCKY TO GET 7.
    The crap that comes out of Nelson's mouth is beyond belief.
    On a side note maybe it is time for Robert's to get a few games because right now we do not have a goalkeeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Error
    Ya, the Lamport lot was full quite early. Big line-up of vehicles outside it when I was walking to BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonight was definitely the low point of the season. To be embarrassed on home soil by any team is unforgivable, let alone against a squad with the recent record of New England. Nelsen is accountable, but so are the players. There was absolutely no urgency tonight from the opening whistle.

Even with the recent bout of injuries, I thought the playoffs were a lock with this team at the very least, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Nelsen has to go anyway so this might be the rift that we need .... or that Bez needs to bring in a proper coach. Lord knows that's our biggest problem right now (not to belittle the injury situation).
    oh how I miss the Blizzard,,jomo ,ace,even bob Houghton,he would sure steady that D.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Tonight was definitely the low point of the season. To be embarrassed on home soil by any team is unforgivable, let alone against a squad with the recent record of New England. Nelsen is accountable, but so are the players. There was absolutely no urgency tonight from the opening whistle.

Even with the recent bout of injuries, I thought the playoffs were a lock with this team at the very least, but I'm not so sure anymore.
    Not sure if the Bez comments were staged distraction from the awful play or genuine rift; doesn't matter. We played like a disinterested locker room full of people who don't much like each other tonight. If that hasn't changed in the next few games, Nelsen will be on exceedingly thin ice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for the comments by Nelsen regarding Bez, I stand behind Bez 100%.