Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Matchday 24: New England at Toronto, Sat 30 Aug 5pm

TV: Sportsnet One

Toronto last 5: LWWLD
    New England last 5: LWLDW
    Last game vs NE: 3 May - Toronto 1, New England 2

Free entry into CNE with a game ticket. Also, air show at 1pm IIRC
    Last edited by Yohan; 08-25-2014 at 05:47 PM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the big news in New England is that Kraft opened his purse and signed Jermaine Jones for big bucks. Dunno if Jones will be available for Sat game, along with their other new signing Geoffrey Castrillon. (former Ajax academy striker)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be nice if we could get the TSN "A team" for a change. During the Chicago game on of the commentators (I think it was Dan Dunleavy?) actually referred to a player "putting their stick in".

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's talk that Jones will likely be playing this Saturday as well. Don't know how true it is, but something Nelsen is going to have to consider.

New England is coming into this match hungry for 3 points. They are just barely out of playoffs contention right now and a win against TFC could catapult them ahead of New York who are playing a tough match against DC at home over the weekend. I think we're gonna have our work cut out for us. The teams just gotta put the draw against Chicago behind them and concentrate on New England; a team with one of the most diverse goal-scoring records in the league right now.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 08-26-2014 at 02:09 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jones into that midfield might be disruptive.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redisthenewblk View Post
    It would be nice if we could get the TSN "A team" for a change. During the Chicago game on of the commentators (I think it was Dan Dunleavy?) actually referred to a player "putting their stick in".
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    So the big news in New England is that Kraft opened his purse and signed Jermaine Jones for big bucks. Dunno if Jones will be available for Sat game, along with their other new signing Geoffrey Castrillon. (former Ajax academy striker)
    Not sure if this is true but it seems the reason why the Revs got Jermaine Jones is because they won a random draw MLS held between themselves and Chicago:

http://deadspin.com/mls-used-a-blind...-wi-1626425630

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really?....oh dear.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really mean the TFC "A team", right.

Commentators go through one ear and out the other, most times the sound is down so I don't hear much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want TV's to evolve so we have video game style audio options.

Crowd - 100%
    Game Sounds - 100%
    Commentary - 0%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I want TV's to evolve so we have video game style audio options.

Crowd - 100%
    Game Sounds - 100%
    Commentary - 0%
    Yes, Yes, Yes. So much Yes.

I wish every live sports broadcast had the option of only the direct feed from the playing surface and the fans. With todays live streaming posibilites it should be easier than ever to implement, make it unrated or whatever but this needs to happen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Yes, Yes, Yes. So much Yes.

I wish every live sports broadcast had the option of only the direct feed from the playing surface and the fans. With todays live streaming posibilites it should be easier than ever to implement, make it unrated or whatever but this needs to happen.
    sponsorship money says this won't happen.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we going to see Jones with the Rev's or is that still unclear?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro@JohnMolinaro1 min#TFC coach Nelsen says Caldwell and morrow both out a few weeks.

Fuck

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    John Molinaro@JohnMolinaro1 min#TFC coach Nelsen says Caldwell and morrow both out a few weeks.

Fuck
    Not good. No Jackson at RB please....or LB...or anywhere in the defensive line.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Not good. No Jackson at RB please....or LB...or anywhere in the defensive line.
    If he gives Jackson yet another chance we can safely pundit that Orr isn't ready. Pretty sure Nelsen sees where the goals are coming from.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    If he gives Jackson yet another chance we can safely pundit that Orr isn't ready. Pretty sure Nelsen sees where the goals are coming from.
    This is definitely showcasing a glaring hole in our depth in positions and will need to be addressed but I think they will probably try to use what we have and hope for the best with Caldwell and Morrow returning sometime before the end of the season. I don't see anyone coming in unless we lose more players for longer on the back line. Hopefully Henry can stay away from a red card for more than a few games. NE probably just salivating at the chance to make life difficult on our back line.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed a couple of times we have had injuries in the CD, that Warner goes back and plays CD until the replacement comes on.

I would not be averse to that move if it moves Jackson out to the wing.

Put Osorio and Bradley in the middle.

No Bekker....just no.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    Not sure if this is true but it seems the reason why the Revs got Jermaine Jones is because they won a random draw MLS held between themselves and Chicago:

http://deadspin.com/mls-used-a-blind...-wi-1626425630
    It's been reported in both the Sun and Star and a couple US papers, so I'd say it's likely true. It sounds weird, but apparently there isn't much of a movement by the league's franchise owners to change it. And the players don't seem to care all that much either.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lottery draw like the NBA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sponsorship money says this won't happen.
    For sure not but broadcast quality was one of the things I've been complaining about regarding MLS becoming more of a 'real' league. It never will with the likes of Dunleavy and his partner (whom I actively choose not to remember his name) and they aren't even as bad as some American ones. This is something that the MLS and all it's franchises should be working on. Get real announcers with Football experience (calling matches or playing) and get cameras that were manufactured within the past decade (hello Chicago) or so. So there are some type of standards for overall broadcast quality. Otherwise it's usually mute and tunes for me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    For sure not but broadcast quality was one of the things I've been complaining about regarding MLS becoming more of a 'real' league. It never will with the likes of Dunleavy and his partner (whom I actively choose not to remember his name) and they aren't even as bad as some American ones. This is something that the MLS and all it's franchises should be working on. Get real announcers with Football experience (calling matches or playing) and get cameras that were manufactured within the past decade (hello Chicago) or so. So there are some type of standards for overall broadcast quality. Otherwise it's usually mute and tunes for me.
    MLS doesn't dictate who the commentators are. That's tv network's problem

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    It's been reported in both the Sun and Star and a couple US papers, so I'd say it's likely true. It sounds weird, but apparently there isn't much of a movement by the league's franchise owners to change it. And the players don't seem to care all that much either.
    Is it me or does it make MLS seem a bit bush league when they do stuff like that? I wonder if the players really do mind being given out like a raffle prize, especially when they go to a team they might not have wanted to go to in the first place.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it me or does it make MLS seem a bit bush league when they do stuff like that? I wonder if the players really do mind being given out like a raffle prize, especially when they go to a team they might not have wanted to go to in the first place.
    not that I like MLS rules, but Jones is being well paid to play in NE. if he really didn't like NE, he could have not signed with MLS

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ion-heres-how/

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walms View Post
    Are we going to see Jones with the Rev's or is that still unclear?
    hinted at coming off the bench at presser today. he's not match fit

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not that I like MLS rules, but Jones is being well paid to play in NE. if he really didn't like NE, he could have not signed with MLS

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ion-heres-how/
    So, does this mean that Jermain Defoe could have been sent to another team if someone else expressed interest in him when TFC was courting him and had the cash to pay his salary?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, does this mean that Jermain Defoe could have been sent to another team if someone else expressed interest in him when TFC was courting him and had the cash to pay his salary?
    No.. this thing seems to apply to returning us mnt players that meets certain 'threshold'
    Last edited by Yohan; 08-26-2014 at 04:51 PM.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question: They mentioned something about the GO Train being free for this game with ticket at the end of last game but i'm hazy as to the details of the offer. Anyone catch what it was?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Quick question: They mentioned something about the GO Train being free for this game with ticket at the end of last game but i'm hazy as to the details of the offer. Anyone catch what it was?
    http://gotransit.com/tfc/

Less traffic. More footy.

Metrolinx and Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. want to help make travelling easier. On August 30, 2014, you can not only avoid traffic and parking by taking the GO to the Toronto FC soccer match, but the ride home will be FREE*. Your August 30, 2014 TFC match ticket (or e-ticket) will be accepted by GO as your paid fare, simply present it as proof of payment if requested during your ride.
    *Valid only on August 30, 2014 with possession of a valid Toronto FC August 30 2014 game ticket, which will act as paid GO fare. Valid on all routes from 5 p.m. until service ends that evening. Not redeemable for cash. Admission for GO Transit rides using your August 30, 2014 Toronto FC ticket are subject at all times to GO Transit’s Terms of Use. "Toronto FC" and associated word marks and logos are trademarks, designs and other forms of intellectual property of Major League Soccer, L.L.C., used by permission © 2014 MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    You really mean the TFC "A team", right.
    That too. Unfortunately, the TFC A team for Saturday is just a pipe dream at this point.