Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GUYS.

Does anyone else think it's weird that to a tee, this forum is dead when we are doing well, and a frat house when we are faltering?!?

The boo birds need to give credit when we win like the two straight wins before this loss away from home~!

Put your heads on straight!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So after losing 3-0 to DC we've now lost 4-1 to SKC. We'll make the playoffs but we're not going to get very far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackson is MOTM for SKC for the 2nd time in a row vs TFC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-2 would be an accurate score. We played our worst game since RSL.

Our first touch was awful.

Passing was really bad.

We had a game like this there last season.

They were the better team today.

No reason to panic although I am sure some on here will be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    GUYS.

Does anyone else think it's weird that to a tee, this forum is dead when we are doing well, and a frat house when we are faltering?!?

The boo birds need to give credit when we win like the two straight wins before this loss away from home~!

+10

I wonder if Galaxy fans are freaking the fuck out because they lost 4-1 to the crew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    +10

I wonder if Galaxy fans are freaking the fuck out because they lost 4-1 to the crew.
    Not a good sign, though, in terms of team effort and prospects for going deep in the players, because we show enough playing against KC each time to demonstrate that we can beat this team; we just don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chill out, man.
    Do I sound like I'm freaking out? Hahaha
    Sorry. I'm not going nuts.

Just pointing out that our coach who had never coached a game at any level before us (because we waited for him to stop being a defender) decided not to use any of the substitutions to help us get back in to the game.

And sadly this isn't the first time. He's known for this.

So yeah I could not mention it I guess. But that would take me not even following this team and I can't seem to do that. No matter
    how hard they try to get rid of me with their brutal approach to this sport.

Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SKC was absolutely the better team on the night. Jackson is utter garbage. I will personally pay for his plane ticket back to Brazil, as long as he never wears red again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    GUYS.

I've thought about this. How do I justify it?

I don't believe in us doing well. We've been bad since day one of this clubs birth and I've been a part of it since then. So they have LOTS to do to make it so I don't doubt their "good" play.

I can't come here and congratulate them cause even when we win…I don't like how we win. I don't like the style. That also doesn't help.

Bottom line…we suck waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than we're good. Hence…..I talk waaaaaaaaaaaay more when we suck because it's where we are. When we're truly good it will be worth talking about what makes us good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have issues handling pressure. Didn't the last game at home against SKC. Mostly because we were better on the ball that day.

We were in this game until that great goal took them up by 2 again.

Moore had a poor game. As did the whole midfield.

Only Morrow, Henry, Hagglund and Gilberto played well.

We will not play this way against Chicago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Not a good sign, though, in terms of team effort and prospects for going deep in the players, because we show enough playing against KC each time to demonstrate that we can beat this team; we just don't.

I'm not really concerned with that. Portland couldn't beat Seattle last season until they beat them twice in the playoffs. I generally just want to see a competitive home playoff game this year. Next year we build on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Proves that we still aren't one of the elite in the league, though we do show glimmers of it in some games. Fuck I hate SKC and Vermes but their depth is unreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+10

I wonder if Galaxy fans have had to deal with 8 seasons of being as bad as it gets in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    I wonder if Galaxy fans have had to deal with 8 seasons of being as bad as it gets in this league.
    I don't know what that has to do with this season. We much better than we were previously. We're going to make the playoffs this season with a group of players we can really build something with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    it is just setting them up. If we are to
    win one game in KC I'd rather have it be in playoffs then league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought about this. How do I justify it?

I don't believe in us doing well. We've been bad since day one of this clubs birth and I've been a part of it since then. So they have LOTS to do to make it so I don't doubt their "good" play.

I can't come here and congratulate them cause even when we win…I don't like how we win. I don't like the style. That also doesn't help.

Bottom line…we suck waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than we're good. Hence…..I talk waaaaaaaaaaaay more when we suck because it's where we are. When we're truly good it will be worth talking about what makes us good.

Thank you for answering!

"Justifiable!" that we suck.

But we are 3rd in the east.

It's time to praise, and to preach!!! (so to speak.... I'm not religious)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and the sooner we get Caldwell and Bloom back, the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what that has to do with this season. We much better than we were previously. We're going to make the playoffs this season with a group of players we can really build something with.
    Well if you can forget about the last seasons I'm jealous. haha

Not trying to be a dick at all. I'm just frustrated by this team.

Sidenote….if you want to stay with this season…where are all the people who talked about us being as good as KC last game and being at their level in this league?

Another sidenote….I like several players on our team. I just despise our style of play and think that hiring the "coach" they hired was a slap right in to the face of those of us that have been supporting this team since day one. So I swore I would pay attention to all his first time coach mistakes. We're the guinea pigs and I'm not okay with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you can forget about the last seasons I'm jealous. haha

Not trying to be a dick at all. I'm just frustrated by this team.

Sidenote….if you want to stay with this season…where are all the people who talked about us being as good as KC last game and being at their level in this league?

Another sidenote….I like several players on our team. I just despise our style of play and think that hiring the "coach" they hired was a slap right in to the face of those of us that have been supporting this team since day one. So I swore I would pay attention to all his first time coach mistakes. We're the guinea pigs and I'm not okay with that.
    But you're are clearly neglecting all of Nelsen's strengths when you talk about him. Which I think is what most people find irritating. That and you're gap in view of the performances on the field. did you think we played well against Columbus? against the Impact? I know those weren't particularly good teams but I'm trying to understand your view of what an actual good team or performance in this league looks like. If you say Sporting, I'm not sure how you want us to suddenly be that good and deep when we've only had one season together with this group of very promising players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

playoffs are'nt a guarantee, the team is better but nowhere near elite......i'm with voodaddy though, style still stinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    playoffs are'nt a guarantee, the team is better but nowhere near elite......i'm with voodaddy though, style still stinks.

With this team in the eastern conference with our schedule, it kind of is a guarantee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you're are clearly neglecting all of Nelsen's strengths when you talk about him. Which I think is what most people find irritating. That and you're gap in view of the performances on the field. did you think we played well against Columbus? against the Impact? I know those weren't particularly good teams but I'm trying to understand your view of what an actual good team or performance in this league looks like. If you say Sporting, I'm not sure how you want us to suddenly be that good and deep when we've only had one season together with this group of very promising players.

Amen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least Nelsen and a number of fans I've seen suggest Jackson would be better at fullback won't ever think of trying that again lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team occasionally plays well against some teams, you need a coach that can build a team that can play well against many teams. RSL, SKC, and Seattle all are capable. DC shows what good coaching does.
    Last edited by Kaz; 08-16-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With this team in the eastern conference with our schedule, it kind of is a guarantee.
    even so, with the money spent, it has been underwhelming...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want to see you underwhelming for the money spent, wait until you see NYCFC next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we that much better a team? Three big DP signings have really been the difference. The turn-over of players has been un-real - we've got a few years to go before being a very good team. A play-off team yes..if Defoe bradley and Gilberto are fit. Years of poor development and poor drafting has left us shallow.

The most promising developments IMO are Henry, Haggland and Osario. - seeing each of them improve is nice. Key for me is keeping the DP's and the core player together this year. If we lose that core then we could easily slip back to old TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't care about nycfc....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not really. If you're an old curmedgeon who's tired of Toronto teams not winning every single game ever I could understand that. But I prefer to look on the bright side of things. Like the fact that we're going to be hosting a fucking playoff game. which we've never done. which is what we've always wanted. forever. and, to be frank, what many of us feel we deserve considering our collective turbulations as day 1 SSH. I don't need a championship calibre squad right this minute because I know it's not feasible, and I'm more pleased in fact that our GM is basically Billy Beane in the form of a 31 year old princeton accounting graduate and that we have tons of great assets to build on this team which could see us being a force for many years to come. Seriously. If you find going to the playoffs and beating the Krew three times a bad season then I don't know what to tell you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    You want to see you underwhelming for the money spent, wait until you see NYCFC next season.

I really hope we leave bradley open, and they take him(if they have a spot open). He isn't worth the money since the world cup he has just been average.. Laba could play that role easily.