Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huge win! Give us some breathing room in the standings, but we need to clean up a bit next week against SKC. Very sloppy game with some great stretches in 2nd half from TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking at the replay the"hand" ball went off a should and went towards the goal, it never touched any part of the ball from the replay angle anyway. Not that I can see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, when did the MLS get so watchable? I remember when the team first came into existence, it was so rough. Now, I'll watch other MLS games for pleasure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impressive win but ffs Bendik. His distribution is as awful as ever and that's not the first time he's let a cross in because he gives up on tracking the ball. Goalkeeping basics 101. Pure muggery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my mind we won this game 3-0, because I hate to say it but the 2 Columbus goals were directly attributed to piss poor calls by the ref. First call, not a hand ball. Second one, we should've had a FK.

In any case, we won. 2 in a row now.

TFC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice match overall! Great on the road for sure!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Road win is a road win, good night all around.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal View Post
    How many points has Henry directly cost this team this year with bone headed plays...
    None tonight!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What was so hard about being "on the road" in that one?

3 points. Well done.

Very optimistic to see Dike nearing return. That and the play of Gilberto is one more reason to consider moving Defoe at the end of this season (or into next). If we can be comfortable up top, his DP spot could be used in the mid-field or on the back line.

At the very least, it could be used on a younger player that can grow with the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free stream of the week for RSL-DC. An RSL win or tie and we make up some ground on D.C. in the East.

edit: 2-0 for RSL already. Awwwww yeah
    Last edited by notthesun; 08-09-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bendik's play was areal concern! Almost blew the game. Poor reffing agreed... Nice that TFC are finally grinding results despite the predicatable bad call or even a last ten minute suicide attempt...

huge result against play-off rival.

moving Defoe out

Osario and Bradley looking good. Thought we were vulnerable at right back defensively.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    In my mind we won this game 3-0, because I hate to say it but the 2 Columbus goals were directly attributed to piss poor calls by the ref. First call, not a hand ball. Second one, we should've had a FK.

In any case, we won. 2 in a row now.

TFC!
    TFC were porous at the back (both teams were). Columbus missed several sitters, and Osorio could have been called for handball on his goal. The game was close.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am impressed that we gutted that out. We looked like an elite team that can boss the ball for stretches tonight.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am impressed that we gutted that out. We looked like an elite team that can boss the ball for stretches tonight.
    There were stretches where I was quite impressed with our passing, but it broke down around the 70-75 minute mark. Also still some cringe-worthy mental errors by our defenders.

Aside from that, it was a pretty good performance. Gilberto seems to be settling in now, and his work rate is still great.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweeping the series against the Pisstains, including two victories on their own turf?

PRICELESS!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great feeling to win this game. Dare we all say it that this looks like real soccer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have come a very long way. Missing Caldwell and Defoe and Orr...away game - bad calls from the reffs. We used to only dream of winning these type of games!

MLs live wants $32 on apple TV to see the DC game..no free view there!

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great seeing Gilberto score the opener tonight. But Moore, my Lord, scoring once and having a hand in TFC's two other goals is fucking fantastic! Earning a road win is good enough. Beating Columbus at home in a 5-goal match is something else.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our attack is really improving, we are creating lots of opportunities, runs off the ball good, passing solid and our speed on the counter attack is creating real problems for other teams. If we can become more clinical in our finishing we can be really dangerous. Nelson said we needed to generate 50 goals as a team for the year and we are on track. What separates us from the top teams is defence. It's a whole combination of things: Goal tending, back line issues, midfield and possibly tactics. At this point it does not seem to be improving, so it may be a longer term solution.
    Last edited by SKB; 08-09-2014 at 10:14 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DCU defence leaking tonight. Let Plata alone in the box on the first goal, let a guy get goal side on the second and did not go with a runner into a corner on the 3rd.

They look like they read the headlines this week from Portland and thought they were good.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-09-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Berhalter basically throwing his team under the bus during the post-match comments:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/08/09/columbus-crew-coach-gregg-berhalter-dismay-after-club-struggles-make-adjustm
    Last edited by PopePouri; 08-09-2014 at 11:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol at Moore getting in Tchani's face after scoring the game winner. They were going at it all game but Moore got the last laugh.

Going to be a comfortable win for RSL which means we're 5 back of D.C. now. D.C. also has a rough August coming up with 5 games in 2 weeks, including back-to-back away games against SKC and L.A. If we keep playing well I could see us passing them in the East by the end of the month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good win. Some things to work on but definitely excellent news as far as our playoff chace goes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Berhalter basically throwing his team under the bus during the post-match comments:

If Berthalter is there a year from now, I'll be surprised. Although it takes a full season to turn around a team, Berhalter doesn't seem to have a plan on how to do that. He's not building from any base. And he seems to have no clue how to find players.

Looking at their team, it looks a lot like the one we had out there early last season - not quite MLS class journeymen mostly, except Higuain and a few promising youngsters.

Columbus has no work ethic and no team cohesion. They look like they will not come out of all this until 2016.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that interview essentially put everything on "individual performances" from the players. He even tries to bail himself out by saying he made adjustments, but that the players essentially didn't follow them.

I mean, maybe it's true, but to say that to the media? Yeesh.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first game I didn't see or go to this year as I had the opportunity to go to the Ottawa Fury game instead (which was great by the way. If Ottawa is angling for an MLS team they're doing a fantastic job. everything is in place pretty much) but it sounds like we dominated and were unlucky not to win by more. Sounds great. We're now comfortably in third with games in hand on everyone around us. I love it. Let's finally shut SKC the fuck up next Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goaltending has been the LEAST of our problems for all these years.....but now that we have a half decent side...they better upgrade over Bendick...because he's RUBBISH....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone else get a little flash of Jimmy B on that last minute Bradley free kick?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Great feeling to win this game. Dare we all say it that this looks like real soccer?
    Yes. Irrespective of our record, the most encouraging aspect of our game is that it has steadily evolved since the beginning of the season. We seem to able to hold possession now for vast stretches in every game.