Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any news on how far Dike is from coming back? Its going to be interesting once he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley = clarkson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Revs lost 8 in a row and are still in the Playoff picture.

The sky isn't falling yet people.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    Poor performance by TFC, but its just too easy to put all the blame on Nelsen. How about Bradley? Or whoever the hell is out there. He has looked nothing short of average out there to be honest. He isn't playing like a DP or apparently the best midfielder in the US.... Even worse,,,,, as a playmaker he is just too predictable and useless. Sure he puts a good ball up and over every so often, but most of them just drift into the corners and become wasteful.. how about some dangerous plays within the crowded run of play through the middle? How about any type of danger happening in between our forward-midfield line. Maybe we need to change up a Oduro-Jackson wing pairing because they bring too much of the same, one needs to cut in to be more productive....

But this is on Bradley. He isn't that great folks.
    19 games into a 6 year contract...

Fair?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes they are now tied with us...shows how well we been doing...2 losses against the 2 teams ahead of us,way to get up for the big game boys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not even going to bother arguing. It seems like a significant amount of people here can only remember the most recent game and that any previous form should not be held to judge the talent of the coach. Am I often befuddled by Nelsen's choices? yeah. But he's got as playing more as a team than I can remember in our history and we are obviously better than many teams in this league. I don't belive in judging a coach midseason, especially when we're not in a particularly bad state at all. If we don't make the playoff then sure, there's no excuse. But There's no reason we can't turn this mini-slump around. The incessant need for immediate gratification by some here is a little off-putting. every team goes through slumps, I said that when we'd lost three straight to put us at 3-4-0 and everyone said that that wasn't true and that it was the end of days and we were doomed to yet again rot at the bottom of the table. I said that, when we do come of of this slump, we'll have another one later in the season, or maybe two, because EVERY SINGLE TEAM in this league goes through rough patches during the season, that is most definitely including the good ones.

But as usual, whoa is me at TFC.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 07-30-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I missed the game but what the hell?

In a single sentence, what did Nelly do that was different from the last time everybody wanted him gone? I have some questions still but I'm curious to what it is about this game.

Also, writing on the wall for Ol'Gil? Same thing, what changed? Because I'm pretty sure everybody on here was fully behind him now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post

In a single sentence, what did Nelly do that was different from the last time everybody wanted him gone? I have some questions still but I'm curious to what it is about this game.

Nothing. People are irrational. it was a bad game against a team that very much has its shit figured out. shit happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, writing on the wall for Ol'Gil? Same thing, what changed? Because I'm pretty sure everybody on here was fully behind him now.
    People upset after a terrible loss, only thing to do is move onto Saturday and hope we see a better effort. Team selection could be criticized but if Oduro/Moore could have finished opportunities or Defoe had gotten the PK call team selection would not have been brought up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC with one DP and 1/3 of our budget cleaned our clock tonight..they had a huge roster turnover like us but they seem to be gelling..its coaching...
    Last edited by reggie; 07-30-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I'm not even going to bother arguing. It seems like a significant amount of people here can only remember the most recent game and that any previous form should not be held to judge the talent of the coach. Am I often befuddled by Nelsen's choices? yeah. But he's got as playing more as a team than I can remember in our history and we are obviously better than many teams in this league. I don't belive in judging a coach midseason, especially when we're not in a particularly bad state at all. If we don't make the playoff then sure, there's no excuse. But There's no reason we can't turn this mini-slump around. The incessant need for immediate gratification by some here is a little off-putting. every team goes through slumps, I said that when we'd lost three straight to put us at 3-4-0 and every said that that wasn't true and that it was the end of days and we were doomed to yet again rot at the bottom of the table. I said that, when we do come of of this slump, we'll have another one later in the season, or maybe two, because EVERY SINGLE TEAM in this league goes through rough patches during the season, that is most definitely including the good ones.

+10000
    also don't forget the ppl that come on here only when we're losing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing. People are irrational. it was a bad game against a team that very much has its shit figured out. shit happens.
    Late or non existent subs?

Man, I can't wait for the World Cup to start...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supporting View Post
    +10000
    to be fair, when we win we tend to drink together and out, when we lose , it's alone in front of the RPB board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He made no substitutions until the game was 2-0 in the 2nd half, despite some bad play early on from Jackson and Orr. When he finally subbed Orr and moved Jackson to LB, the 3rd goal happened. Gilberto was unused again until garbage time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+10000
    kinda hard not to come here when we are losing...its only been 7 yrs of losing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just terrible finishing tonight. That non call on the clear Defoe penalty changed the game.

Doesn't excuse Orr from being completely clueless in the back, jackson for being two steps slower then the entire team in terms of passing, Bradley being non existent tonight.

Hopefully it's just one of those games and we completely turn it around Saturday against Montreal.

If we don't, were in trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    DC with one DP and 1/3 of our budget cleaned our clock tonight..they had a huge roster turnover like us but they seem to be jelling..its coaching...
    Don't tell me that. Every single person in the beltway was calling for Olsen's head last season because of his (now tell me if this sounds familiar) negative tactics and awful team selection. Nelsen is just as good a coach as Olsen is.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 07-30-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+10000
    to be fair, when we win we tend to drink together and out, when we lose , it's alone in front of the RPB board.
    the sky definitely falls when we are away and lose!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    What a disappointing game. Understatement. We are hurting without Bloom and Caldwell. Gili should be starting. I am tired of Defoe gesturing and complaining every time he isn't given the ball. If we can just turn the corner and pulverize the Limpact, I'll be OK for now.
    This. Re: Defoe and gesturing

Clearly frustrating for him.

But equally frustrating for guys making less in a year than he makes in a week to be called out for not making a play.

Suck it up buttercup, it ain't the EPL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't tell me that. Every single person in the tri-state area was calling for Olsen's head last season because of his (now tell me if this sounds familiar) negative tactics and awful team selection. Nelsen is just as good a coach as Olsen is.
    come on man...DC had a great yr 2 yrs ago with a nothing roster,jus like this year...what has RN done this season?? one thing DEFOE...without him...we maybe hv 3 wins this season...ya great coaching job..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not even going to bother arguing. It seems like a significant amount of people here can only remember the most recent game and that any previous form should not be held to judge the talent of the coach. Am I often befuddled by Nelsen's choices? yeah. But he's got as playing more as a team than I can remember in our history and we are obviously better than many teams in this league. I don't belive in judging a coach midseason, especially when we're not in a particularly bad state at all. If we don't make the playoff then sure, there's no excuse. But There's no reason we can't turn this mini-slump around. The incessant need for immediate gratification by some here is a little off-putting. every team goes through slumps, I said that when we'd lost three straight to put us at 3-4-0 and everyone said that that wasn't true and that it was the end of days and we were doomed to yet again rot at the bottom of the table. I said that, when we do come of of this slump, we'll have another one later in the season, or maybe two, because EVERY SINGLE TEAM in this league goes through rough patches during the season, that is most definitely including the good ones.

Have to agree... DCU isn't this good, LA aren't that bad.... and parrity in this league means that there are a lot of ebb and flows.

New England can attest to this as can every other team in this league.

We are on course, this seems like a slump and run of bad luck. We owned KC first half, and should have had a few more goals in that game and vs DCU today 3-0 isn't fair considering the play on the field.

Feels like the team is trying too hard to gel and making things more difficult than necessary.

The sky is not falling, this team will gel.
    Last edited by Alonso; 07-30-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    DC with one DP and 1/3 of our budget cleaned our clock tonight..they had a huge roster turnover like us but they seem to be jelling..its coaching...

Over the course of the year DC will level back out.... they are not as good as their record, or this game shows.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

You might want to pick a better example.

The Revs have lost 8 in a row and are 3 back of TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    You might want to pick a better example.

The Revs have lost 8 in a row and are 3 back of TFC.
    Because they were the best team in the league over their first 12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched the highlights-

this season was supposed to be different, and it is.

Its just not the extant of difference some of us were hoping for. I fall into that group of hoping for more. I suspect some very influential team officials do as well.
    I'm pretty sure we can agree anything less than 3 points against Montreal will be reason for shelter against a falling sky.
    I know I will be.
    Last edited by Marc"2L"; 07-30-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand all the rationale in the world to not panic and I actually support Nelson, think he is a reasonable coach,I get the players are mixed in this league, however this product to watch and sell commercially sucks. That will be the real cost of all of this in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few years ago the defence was the big problem area.It seems that people do not talk about it as mutch.I still think that is our major problem even with the guys who did not play tonite.We make poor decisions,give up needless fouls and our distribution out of the back is poor.With a pay roll like we have we are a 500 team that has given up more goals then we have scored.I think this is best team TFC has fielded but it does not play well even when everyone is healthy.How many times have they shot themselves in the foot.It will be interesting if this team does not make the play-offs.They haven`t shown me that they want to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And for all of you who say Nelsen never criticises his players performances, go see his comments tonight. He knows when to call out his players and when to tell them to keep their heads high. He's not there just throwing out excuses willy-nilly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missed the game tonight. Were we as bad as the score indicates?

This is the first time we've been blown out all season as far as I can recall.