Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Few things I want to mention from yesterday game
    1.) Oduro is tired like hell. I just don't get it why RN put him on the lineup vs Spurs game
    2.) Hagglund is totally overrated. How many mistakes he made in the last few games? (he fucked it up in the home game vs DC too)
    3.) Creavalle should not play as RB. He just join the team and we can see he is total out of his position in last night game. When I saw the starting lineup, my mind just went WTF is RN thinking? give Morgan a chance. He played well in Spurs game and deserve some minutes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny, but it was Morrow and Jackson that DCU was attacking all the time.

That and I'm not sure Morgan or Morrow can play RB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I think it's time to start Gilberto. We've had 4 games without a win. Time to shake things up. This is his chance to show his quality and pull the team out of this funk.

Nelsen is also in a jam right now with the loss of Caldwell and Bloom. In their absence I'd say we've lost that defensive game that has gotten us points in the past.

Bez better be looking for a starting CB right now. Bleeding goals the way we did last night doesn't help on those days that we can't seem to find the back of the net.
    I agree with this. They need a shake up. Give him a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Caldwell would have prevented some of the goals against and caused a bunch of different goals against so it's no difference.

Caldwell was getting away with all kinds of borderline plays all season and with the way the officiating has gone lately….and Bradley making it an even bigger issue….Caldwell would not have been getting away with his fouls and handballs.

When he comes back we will be no better. We need to be better in the middle of the field and Nelsen doesn't seem to agree. That's where we're worse than most teams….and thats even with one of the most expensive players in the league in Bradley. (who I like)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point, with Caldwell's age and declining performance and likelyhood to continue to get injured we need another CB before the window closes. Someone to take Caldwell's role from last, a force in the defence and a guiding hand for Henry and Hagglund. Caldwell retires at the latest by the end of next season. we need another #1 veteran CB to take over the mantle until Henry and Hagglund can do it themselves.

Too bad, I wished we'd had Caldwell earlier in his career. great character and a stand-up guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back line is leaking goals now and until we get healthy, this will probably continue.

As for going forward, Moore out and Gil in should help fix a few issues. It's true that Oduro and Jackson look to (and often do) beat their men down the flanks but often keep the balls to themselves and ignore Defoe. They also blow a lot of chances. A lot of those two ignoring Defoe is that he is usually heavily marked in front of goal while Moore is ignored. For a big guy Moore is often playing too far from goal and hasn't shown he has a touch that can provide anything other than garbage goals, which all of his so far were. Easiest thing to try is to put Gilberto behind Defoe and let him float free. As it works now he should be free when we are on the break and he has a better potential to score than Moore regardless of their numbers right now. He starts getting too many touches and decent chances, converted or not, then a defender will have to pull away to mark him and possibly free Defoe up a bit more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Duck View Post
    2.) Hagglund is totally overrated. How many mistakes he made in the last few games? (he fucked it up in the home game vs DC too)
    He's a rookie defender. Some got ahead of themselves saying he was close to Henry's level. He's better going forward but years away from being able to defend half as well as Doniel does. Realistically: he should be 4th on the depth chart. Good enough if someone solid is next to him.

Now is the perfect opportunity to bring in a ball playing CB. We need better distribution back there and an otherwise steady presence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may have been the only one, but was anyone else watching last night's match on the US feed?

HOLY. MOTHER. OF. FUCK.

It's crystal fucking clear why they can't get people to watch MLS on TV, that was the most horrendous display of televised sport I've ever seen in my life.

-You have 2 dipshit announcers that are far better suited to Baseball, making mindnumbingly terrible comments about absolutely nothing for the most part. They contributing meager play by play at best, not adding any value...just taking away from the experience overall. Did not take me long to mute that garbage and put on music.
    -A sideline reporter they cut to at least 4 times during the match. I mean WHAT THE FUCK? Mid match, TWICE during goal scoring opportunities and I got a box-in-box picture of some annoying dipshit in a suit talking to a goalkeeping coach?
    -Constant jarring camera view changes, like you're watching the NHL. Sometimes the normal view, then flips into the corner, then the "Powerplay Cam" above the net. Holy fuck balls is that so wretched, so distracting, very hard to follow the play.
    -Big graphical camera swipes and other TV nonsense, it's just silly. STOP IT. THIS IS NOT AMERICAN SPORT, STOP BROADCASTING IT LIKE AMERICAN SPORT.

Watching footie is akin to throwing on your favourite album, you just want to tune in and be left undisturbed from start to finish. Disruptions are agony. This broadcast is NOTHING BUT DISRUPTIONS AND ANNOYANCE.

I really don't understand what the fuck MLS thinks it's doing here. You had record viewership in the US watching the World Cup, which of course, broadcasts footie in simple straightforward manner we all prefer (much like the most watched leagues, which sure as fuck aint ever going to be MLS at this rate). Yet they feel they need to have this Americanized fuckery which absolutely makes it utterly unbearable to watch.

I was literally pleased once DC went up 3, so I could turn that shit off and stop hating my life.

If MLS is too blind to see this absolutely massive problem they have with their TV presentation, they deserve to continue to have the putrid viewership ratings they get. Get on the god damn phone with the networks, fix this fucking mess TODAY.

/endrant

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sportsnet were a LOT worse.

Agree with the sideline interviews - do the coach at the beginning of the second half or the end of the first.

The camera angle from behind the net thing actually worked for me.

I though those two guys were relatively knowledgeable and were not as homerish as we usually get in the US - although the whole attempt to create a signature line ("Its in the NET (2x repeat)") thing is pathetic.

You want to see bad - watch Dallas - ugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Sportsnet were a LOT worse.

Agree with the sideline interviews - do the coach at the beginning of the second half or the end of the first.

The camera angle from behind the net thing actually worked for me.

I though those two guys were relatively knowledgeable and were not as homerish as we usually get in the US - although the whole attempt to create a signature line ("Its in the NET (2x repeat)") thing is pathetic.

You want to see bad - watch Dallas - ugh.
    haha how was sportsnet bad...? It was perfectly fine, camera seemed farther away than bmo, but that's probably cause of the larger stadium.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunleavy......ugh.

Him and Dolan spend the first 10 minutes discussing all the stuff they have prepared. The game could go 6-0 and they would barely notice for reading their cue cards.

Its not a freaking hockey game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The quality varies a lot between the various regional sports networks who do the local MLS broadcasts in the US. Rarely do you get both decent commentary crews and decent technical productions, usually one or both are lacking. I understand the new broadcast deal for next season also includes some higher general standards for local broadcast deals (which are set up by the teams individually).

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Why does the money matter?
    It doesn't matter to me anymore. Maybe to you if you renew…

I do appreciate the wit in your reply but the bulk if not all of that 4x increase comes from 2 players… neither of which we were discussing before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Missing 3 CB's certainly played a factor as well.
    Agree missing 3/4 starters on back line obviously not ideal on the road and one of the replacements being with the team for less than a week!. TFC got a draw v KC a man down on the road in a similar scenario. Bounce back on the weekend is important and they need to take advantage of teams like impact.
    Last edited by tfcocd; 07-31-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He's a rookie defender. Some got ahead of themselves saying he was close to Henry's level. He's better going forward but years away from being able to defend half as well as Doniel does. Realistically: he should be 4th on the depth chart. Good enough if someone solid is next to him.

Now is the perfect opportunity to bring in a ball playing CB. We need better distribution back there and an otherwise steady presence.
    Would you expect to find one at the level we are at, that would not be a DP? Decent ball playing defenders aren't that common, especially outside of the elite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Would you expect to find one at the level we are at, that would not be a DP? Decent ball playing defenders aren't that common, especially outside of the elite.
    Former Atletico starter and Caldwell's backup at Birmingham is on a free:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_Ib%C3%A1%C3%B1ez

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Former Atletico starter and Caldwell's backup at Birmingham is on a free:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_Ib%C3%A1%C3%B1ez
    Good eye, jloome!

Maybe we could get a friendly out of it with 3 City transfers?

Seriously though, sometimes this is all it takes to build a relationship/partnership between foreign clubs.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER