Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC top spending MLS squad, interesting salary graphic.

Interesting graphic showing MLS salary spending, our TFC is at the top.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Interesting graphic showing MLS salary spending, our TFC is at the top.

Would you mind providing the link? Apparently you can click on each team to break it down even more....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who's junior?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supporting View Post
    who's junior?
    Gilberto Oliveira Souza Júnior

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dv23 View Post
    Truu, i thought it might be that junior hoilett guy and was thinking wtf when did we sign him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's gotta be some weird moments for Bradley or Defoe with making more than the entire salary of 15 of the 19 teams in the league. That's gotta lead to some awkward conversations right?

Also this graphic is a little old - SKC now has Zusi and Besler as DPs so I assume they'll jump up this chart. But it's still incredible to see where they are and how good they are.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeeez... how little is Mike McGee making

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Would you mind providing the link? Apparently you can click on each team to break it down even more....
    http://www.stathunting.com/2014/04/1...es-visualized/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh you're never gonna believe usssssssssssssssssss.........WE'RE GOING TO BUY THE LEAGUE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting to compare us to DC United - the only team that did worse than is last season. Quite a turnaround on a fraction of the cost that we've shelled out. I wonder what their secret is?

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Interesting to compare us to DC United - the only team that did worse than is last season. Quite a turnaround on a fraction of the cost that we've shelled out. I wonder what their secret is?
    They traded allocation for MLS veterans. Their turnaround won't likely be sustainable and may be short lived based on injury risk.

They built a solid core. A solid US Domestic core is key to competing in this league. We went the flashy route and are now adding to the core.

Ours is risky too but should be enough to be in the top 50% of the east.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DCU decided to take the risk on an older team in order to keep momentum from their new stadium announcement going in the community.

Both the stadium and their roster have the potential to unravel.

Their supporters deserve better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder where NYCFC would stack up right now with only 4 players?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I wonder where NYCFC would stack up right now with only 4 players?
    Lamps apparently signed for 7 mil. Villa has to be around same amount. You can bet NYCFC is going after another big name and surpass TFC and any other MLS team for that matter on wages.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Lamps apparently signed for 7 mil. Villa has to be around same amount. You can bet NYCFC is going after another big name and surpass TFC and any other MLS team for that matter on wages.
    Started work last week so haven't been able to be on top of the lampard transfer but i saw originally that he was reported closer to 8mil per (7.8 to be exact)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Started work last week so haven't been able to be on top of the lampard transfer but i saw originally that he was reported closer to 8mil per (7.8 to be exact)?
    That's crazy spending...Lamps is 36 now...37 when the season is on next year! He has been past it for several years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting Laba is getting $300k at Vancouver and isnt a DP. We paid Alvero Rey $204k before he was found out as not being very good. Not sure why we couldn't have found a deal to keep him. Btw if we think this team's problems are over when the coach thinks that Alvero Rey should be the 2nd highest paid Non-DP player in the squad...they are not.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Interesting Laba is getting $300k at Vancouver and isnt a DP. We paid Alvero Rey $204k before he was found out as not being very good. Not sure why we couldn't have found a deal to keep him. Btw if we think this team's problems are over when the coach thinks that Alvero Rey should be the 2nd highest paid Non-DP player in the squad...they are not.
    Rey's contract and salary are paid by, and ultimately signed off on by the league. Toronto didn't pay him anything.

Laba is listed as a "Young DP" on Vancouver's roster and through the MLS website.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    They traded allocation for MLS veterans. Their turnaround won't likely be sustainable and may be short lived based on injury risk.

They built a solid core. A solid US Domestic core is key to competing in this league. We went the flashy route and are now adding to the core.

^Yep. Our team was rotten to the core, so the FO took more drastic measures to turn things around short term - and now they are making more low-key, prudent moves to build a core.

The one big risk is a cap-related one if Defoe falls apart physically, but I understand and agree with Leiweke/Bez's thinking on doing what they did. I mean, look at us this season - talking about strategy, and how many points we need from teams, instead of lamenting what a colossal mess our team is, and looking at another lost year.

I like Bez. I think he's a solid manager.

Also, let this chart put to bed the idea that MLSE are "cheap" They aren't. Incompetence isn't the same as thriftiness.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ an interesting chart in the years ahead will be to put another bar on it… ticket prices

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ an interesting chart in the years ahead will be to put another bar on it… ticket prices
    Sure, but personally, I'd be okay with TFC becoming the New York Yankees of MLS - high ticket prices, coupled with high expectations of a return on that investment.

Right now we are in a phase where TFC is spending the money, but not trying to recoup on that investment, because they understand how close to the cliff they were (are?) with the fans. If TFC settles into a groove of competence and competitiveness, I fully expect ticket prices to rise quickly.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Sure, but personally, I'd be okay with TFC becoming the New York Yankees of MLS - high ticket prices, coupled with high expectations of a return on that investment.

Right now we are in a phase where TFC is spending the money, but not trying to recoup on that investment, because they understand how close to the cliff they were (are?) with the fans. If TFC settles into a groove of competence and competitiveness, I fully expect ticket prices to rise quickly.
    I'd rather they add the caveat of consistently filling the stadium before they rise ticket prices too. It's filling up more and more every game but we're still not back to the year 1 capacity, even in the south.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That certainly seems to be Bez's plan in my eyes. We do know that we'll have Defoe and Bradley for a few more seasons yet, and over that time we're going to continue to strengthen and supplement the roster as they see fit. At least he deals for Warner, Oduro, etc seem to suggest that, I think.

With Bez in charge, we seem to finally have a direction for this club that is looking beyond the current season.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see the north end be converted to a Youth players section. Sell the tickets through soccer clubs for $10 each - fill it to capacity every time.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^. Great idea except a seat in the north end sells new for $700. To do that would require them to give up $500 a seat. Don't see that happening... Ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they actually overpaid in the re-entry draft

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^. Great idea except a seat in the north end sells new for $700. To do that would require them to give up $500 a seat. Don't see that happening... Ever.
    http://tfcseasonseats.ca/NEW/assets/...ting-chart.pdf

$703?

I think that is wrong because based on the information, new yellows were costing $342...I paid $285 to add 2 new one's to my account (while my other 2 renewed cost $190)...not sure where TFC came up with these numbers, maybe they are the total face value of the tickets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post

I'm guessing this goes out the window if/when we make the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Oh you're never gonna believe usssssssssssssssssss.........WE'RE GOING TO BUY THE LEAGUE.
    Hahahaa-aaaaaaaaa Shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much appreciated.

This team is finally spending up to it's potential, I don't think the team on the field is too far behind that potential either.

This is going to be a fun three to four years to come.

Here's to hoping the team and fans can bring glory to BMO.