Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    I'm unbiased. Being a supporter doesn't mean you're supposed to sound like the fucking commentators. It's sad and a HUGE reason why this franchise has sucked from day one.

Too many supporters cheering and supporting stupidity and whining about everything except what's important....which is the type of football we play and the players and coaches we pick.

Loving this team no matter what they do is not a good thing.

Of course this is just my opinion but I have 8 years of TFC and decades of the Canadian national approach to soccer backing me up.
    Dude, you were shitting on the team when we were playing well. I really don't want to go back in this thread and find the posts. Nobody's got a gun to your head - you can stop watching or "supporting" whenever you'd like. Your post is hypocritical when you're still here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team relies on one or two exceptional players and otherwise basically competes on a physical level. Not enough when you're facing a good team or trying to come back from behind.

Set pieces have been awful which makes no sense considering the makeup of our team.

Tactically we are dinosaurs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanO View Post
    You're right, nobody should ever complain about a bad call.
    Have you ever played this sport?

If and when the ref sucks you quickly ignore the ref. you tell your teammates to do the Same and focus on accomplishing the type of game you wanna play despite the officiating. Don't let whining about the ref distract you from what you're trying to do in the game.

My coach taught me that very early on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm unbiased. Being a supporter doesn't mean you're supposed to sound like the fucking commentators. It's sad and a HUGE reason why this franchise has sucked from day one.

Too many supporters cheering and supporting stupidity and whining about everything except what's important....which is the type of football we play and the players and coaches we pick.

Loving this team no matter what they do is not a good thing.

Of course this is just my opinion but I have 8 years of TFC and decades of the Canadian national approach to soccer backing me up.
    This is our second loss in our last 11. Calm down. This, despite the loss and without Defoe, Was our best attacking performance of the season against the second best team in the league, with a core and a coach who have been together for four years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought we were clearly the better team all the way through and this loss is really not a big deal... However one issue.

WTF happened to Bradley. Warner has been outplaying this guy big time and it's not even close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brutal. I don't even know where to start. Should have been a win. Man advantage from 75-95 and you couldn't get a chance better than the 2 posts, 3 Jackson scuffs and 2 Henry scuffs.

One of those games I guess? Feels like a big waste though we had them on the ropes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    Dude, you were shitting on the team when we were playing well. I really don't want to go back in this thread and find the posts. Nobody's got a gun to your head - you can stop watching or "supporting" whenever you'd like. Your post is hypocritical when you're still here.
    Dude…I didn't think we were playing well. That's the difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mitchf View Post
    I thought we were clearly the better team all the way through and this loss is really not a big deal... However one issue.

WTF happened to Bradley. Warner has been outplaying this guy big time and it's not even close.
    Bradley hasn't been at his best for the last ~2 months including World Cup. Wonder if he's carrying an injury.. didn't he have foot surgery in May or June?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so fucking pissed.

We dominated the 2nd half especially. I don't want to hear about possession or play style today. We outchanced them 3 to 1, quality chances too. And they bunkered and panicked exactly like we do with a one goal lead.

Only reason we lost today is because we couldn't finish. We should've embarrassed them 6-2. Defoe would have scored a hat trick today.

Fuck this shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoot ourself in the foot again.This team still struggles defending.We are no doubt better,but continue to shit the bed.We still need some players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this was Bradley's best game in a while. A big reason why we creating from the midfield despite having one less guy in that area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I thought this was Bradley's best game in a while. A big reason why we creating from the midfield despite having one less guy in that area.
    Errr maybe midfield but not the centre of midfield. Most of the balls went directly to the flank.

You can credit him for keeping sporting out of some dangerous spots. They didn't really have the buildup play they might have in other games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The amount of TFC choking this game was legendary.

Also, not that he is to blame at all, but Bendik's game is pretty bleh. Average shot blocker and needs serious work on positioning, distribution and communication.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We won this game, we just didn't score more goals. This game was a statistical anomaly.

If we can play like this against SKC, we can play like this against anyone.

LOOK THE FUCK OUT MLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could see this coming a mile away. You can't squander 4 point blank chances and expect to get a result. Of course it was going to be Jacob fucking Peterson.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daveisonfire View Post
    We won this game, we just didn't score more goals. This game was a statistical anomaly.

If we can play like this against SKC, we can play like this against anyone.

LOOK THE FUCK OUT MLS
    if Defoe played tonight, he'd have had a hat trick. we are going in the right direction (esp Oduro on beast mode), but games like these are frustrating
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Embrace the loss Nelsen. It's all your fault. Fucking idiot.
    No.

Colin should have been off in the first half. Everything follows from that.

Worst ref I have seen in this league.

We were killing SKC down the wings.

BUT, our defence let us down. We are missing Caldwell badly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    "classic TFC"
    "Nelson is an idiot"

I disagree, very entertaining game, and the better team lost tonight. KC got their bounce and Toronto couldn't buy a goal in the 2nd half. This happens sometimes. Toronto was better, they played great and deserved a better fait. It hurts, but we move on... we will take them out in the playoffs.

THIS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, at least we're not New England, who have lost 8 in a row. Jay Heaps conjuring the spirit of Aron Winter
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ref is outside anyone's control so it is pointless to spend any time focusing on it.

It's like the weather in a round of golf. You don't control it, you just deal with the conditions and try to make the best shot you can.

Entertaining game for the most part as far as MLS goes. We had chances. They has chances. Good saves at both ends. Oduro was fun to watch on the wing and made some great crosses and passes all night long.

Jackson probably won't sleep well but game tape will show that he was open most of the night. If SKC don't fix that, it could be a playoff nuance we could exploit if we end up as one of the 50% that remain after they have collected all the regular season ticket money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    if Defoe played tonight, he'd have had a hat trick. we are going in the right direction (esp Oduro on beast mode), but games like these are frustrating
    I have a hole in my chest. Those points were ours and they stole them away.

I'm concerned about the finishing, especially Jackson (even before this match), I might even say I wish it was Dwayne out there instead.

Oduro, my god man...is that sustainable?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto should have won that game. They were the better side against a group of chippy thugs in Kansas City. If it weren't for the missed opportunities, TFC would have been well ahead.

And that ref was a fucking disgrace. He's supposed to be an up and comer? Not with the way he called that match he's not.

Games like this make me depressed.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody told me there would be games like these, nobody told me there would be games like these, nobody told me there would be games like these, strange games indeed....strange games indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care if we win all the time...I hate the way we play. Our style and mentality is just not what I like to watch.

Never thought it could happen but I'm falling out of love with this team.

And it's so strange that it's while we're succeeding.

It's like the brutal style of play is easier to stomach when we're failing. When it gets us some success it's worse because it will be entrenched which will make me stop watching them.
    What on earth are you talking about? Not what I am seeing. I am seeing solid progress. Ball retention, efforts at football, lots of chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just forget about this, there's nothing good that comes out of discussion after a loss at home while up a man. Take the tactical positives with the strategic negative, whatever, I'm drinking.
    Last edited by Marc"2L"; 07-26-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley was named the third best player if the game on MLS.com. I'd agree with that. He was really effective at launching balls out to the channels and starting our counter-attacks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time we play SKC, I say the same thing. I am so glad that guy is not our coach. Yes, they play well and he has them ready. But the constant whining and the on the edge thuggery is unwatchable.

And turning the teams around is a dick move.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-26-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care if we win all the time...I hate the way we play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back from the game. Still pissed about the result, but I have to say, that's the best the crowd has sounded all season. It was also one of the most exciting matches, ruined by the ref.