Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Toronto Swaps Allocation Ranking With Houston for Warren Creavalle

HTML Code:
    http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2014/07/tfc-acquires-creavalle-houston
    Toronto FC announced Wednesday that the club has exchanged allocation ranking and has acquired midfielder Warren Creavalle from the Houston Dynamo. Toronto FC now holds the 14th allocation ranking position, while Houston takes over the top spot. As per club and league policy, additional terms of the deal were not disclosed. Toronto also sent allocation money to Houston.“Warren is a player that we have been watching closely for some time now and we feel his versatility will be a welcomed addition to our club,” said Toronto FC General Manager Tim Bezbatchenko. “Houston expressed interest in switching allocation positions so combined with our interest in Warren this move was a win-win for both clubs.”Creavalle, 23, is currently in his third season in MLS, and has made a combined 72 appearances, scoring three goals, with two assists all with the Houston Dynamo.
    Creavalle was originally selected by Houston in the second round of the 2012 MLS SuperDraft out of the University of Central Florida.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like this paves the way for Beasley, Jermaine Jones, and Brek Shea's(?) return...I'll wait to see how Creavalle pans out, but I can't help but feel we could have had more.

Any enlightened thoughts on Warren's play?
    Last edited by Daveisonfire; 07-23-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody else surprised we had to send allocation to Houston for this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really, might need it to pay down Beasley. Also we dont know how much the allocation is, could be for 50k really.
    Either way got faith in Bezza to have made the right decision. Have seen Creavalle around and was happy to hear we got him in return for a player we were never going to sign. Gotta remember too that Houston doesnt have much going on right now for assets to trade off and im sure that the FO has done us a solid with Bradley blah blah blah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Anybody else surprised we had to send allocation to Houston for this?
    Eh. It's probably a minuscule amount.

We got a young domestic who's proven he can contribute in this league at multiple positions. I'd say that's pretty good value especially considering we don't need Beasley, and don't have the room to sign Jones or Shea.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garber bucks have an expiry date sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like Oduro, we're picking up another player that has screwed us in the past.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes he's been a starter DM for Houston throughout the season and this is in no way instead of Damarkus Beasley. Looks like a smart aquisition.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Early days but I think Oduro will be making up for every one of those. Creavalle has less to "attone for".
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our lineup in that Houston game only 15 months ago.

Bendik

Agboss
    O'Dea
    Richter
    Logan Emory

Lambe
    Hall
    Silva
    Ephraim

Earnshaw
    Braun

Subs:

Bekker
    Osorio
    Califf
    Frei
    Bostock
    Weideman
    Henry

Gosh things have changed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Bendik

Agboss
    O'Dea
    Richter
    Logan Emory

Lambe
    Hall
    Silva
    Ephraim

Earnshaw
    Braun

Subs:

Bekker
    Osorio
    Califf
    Frei
    Bostock
    Weideman
    Henry

Wow!

Seeing that in writing is shocking... in a good way

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Bendik

Agboss
    O'Dea
    Richter
    Logan Emory

Lambe
    Hall
    Silva
    Ephraim

Earnshaw
    Braun

Subs:

Bekker
    Osorio
    Califf
    Frei
    Bostock
    Weideman
    Henry

Look at that midfield. Terrible. Actually kind of amazing the successful turnover that's been done since then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Look at that midfield. Terrible. Actually kind of amazing the successful turnover that's been done since then.
    It's a regular thing in the MLS, just amazing it took so long for TFC to finally accomplish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good move.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    It's a regular thing in the MLS, just amazing it took so long for TFC to finally accomplish.
    Amazing that some of the albatross contracts were shed. Usually they hang on you like a wet blanket until they expire.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's a good pick up.

Beasley is rumoured to be getting a DP contract. TFC can't have another one of those. Trading partners are limited to teams with fewer than 3 DPs and sounds like Houston is far down the road in pursuing him… MLS gets what they want. Houston gets what they want. And TFC parlay an unusable asset into a roster player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post

jezzz...I remember that play.what a bonehead play by Odea giving up the corner on the last play of the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Beasley is rumoured to be getting a DP contract. TFC can't have another one of those. Trading partners are limited to teams with fewer than 3 DPs and sounds like Houston is far down the road in pursuing him… MLS gets what they want. Houston gets what they want. And TFC parlay an unusable asset into a roster player.
    Pretty much sums it up and no matter how much better than Bloom DMB may be, I would never burn a DP spot and that cap hit on a FB. We basically did that already for a few Eckersley years and it wasn't worth it. That's a position to find value for money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Pretty much sums it up and no matter how much better than Bloom DMB may be, I would never burn a DP spot and that cap hit on a FB. We basically did that already for a few Eckersley years and it wasn't worth it. That's a position to find value for money.
    That's why I find it a bit odd from their perspective. Corey Ashe is a decent left back. They don't really have a need there. Granted, their defence has gone to shit this year, but that's more due to their centre halves than fullbacks. And they have Brad Davis wide left, so they're unlikely to use Beasley there. Not sure why they really needed him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it be Beasley they'd use the spot on though?

Fully approve of this acquisition. Another ball winner in the middle was needed for depth. Jeremy Hall can't be in there plans for much longer, unless I'm missing something?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    That's why I find it a bit odd from their perspective. Corey Ashe is a decent left back. They don't really have a need there. Granted, their defence has gone to shit this year, but that's more due to their centre halves than fullbacks. And they have Brad Davis wide left, so they're unlikely to use Beasley there. Not sure why they really needed him.
    I was going to say to sell tickets but they are drawing better than last year so far (19K+ per match). For the buzz maybe? Although Houston is traditionally a strong squad and has had a lot of success, especially in the playoffs, they usually are on nobody's radar of big MLS clubs. One of the only reasons I can think of.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good pick up. Creavalle is an utility player and I think his best position is DM as pure destroyer type. Won't add much on offence, but he uses his athleticism well and is tenacious with good work rate. He was a late 2nd rd pick in 2012 and IIRC that 2012 Dynamo team had a lot of good players at midfield so that says something. He can do RB and has also filled in at CB. And he's only 23. One of those jack of all trades sort of player that every MLS team needs.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Jeremy Hall can't be in there plans for much longer, unless I'm missing something?
    Only reason I can think of keeping him is for expansion draft bait.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beasley is going to be used at LM I think. Houston is also shopping Corey Ashe around.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hall will be kept as expansion draft bait. Can't say I know anything about this new guy. But he's cheap and has experience at a young age, so that's something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Beasley is going to be used at LM I think. Houston is also shopping Corey Ashe around.
    And Davis moved to where?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Hall will be kept as expansion draft bait. Can't say I know anything about this new guy. But he's cheap and has experience at a young age, so that's something.
    Creavalle is twice the footballer Hall is.

I also like the fact that with 2 solid DMs in Warner and Creavalle (plus Orr), Bradley has free role to do whatever without worrying too much about defence and can play box to box role. And between Warner and Creavalle, you get 2 different guys at DM. And depth.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can he play right back?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Davis moved to where?
    CM/AM. Haven't been too successful in the past, but Davis is at the age where he won't be effective at LM anymore. Never had too much pace and he's starting to lose a lot of whatever he had left. Still has good footballing brain and passing ability

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Creavalle is twice the footballer Hall is.

I also like the fact that with 2 solid DMs in Warner and Creavalle (plus Orr), Bradley has free role to do whatever without worrying too much about defence and can play box to box role. And between Warner and Creavalle, you get 2 different guys at DM. And depth.
    Yep. MLS is at the point now where some teams have enough depth to rotate the mids. We can do that more heavily now.