RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Bradley- Where and How Should He Be Positioned In Our Midfield?

There's a lot of chatter about Bradley and his play in the midfield.

My question is not whether he's any good. He's obviously the best passer on the team, and has a heart just as big as anybody else.

My question is:

Where should Bradley be played in the midfield?

Box to Box

DM

AM

Is this dependent upon the opponent (SKC coming up provides a different style to a NYRB, for example)?

What do people think of how Bradley should be played here at TFC?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say box to box as it utilizes more of his abilities and seems to be what he is comfortable with and reverts to no matter where he is played. I could see it being situationally dependent on opponent, home/away, and situation within a match to determine. For instance; if we get a lead late and are under pressure then maybe drop him back to shield the D or if we have a weakened opponent at home maybe we toss him in more advanced positions to use his passing ability to it's fullest. For me, with Warner, who is positionally aware enough of pull it off, I like the pendulum center mid we utilized in the earliest parts of the season. Worked okay with Oso but he isn't the strongest defender and was a miss with Bekker who isn't sound enough positionally to move forward or track back into space. I think with Warner this would be the best way to let Bradley do his thing and also where he looked most comfortable and dangerous for us so far this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prefer DM at this point, we are finally scoring goals. we need to lock up the barn door and he can do it.

beside, osario is at his best at AM, and is more than willing to drop back for MB when needed.

If this pairing works out that way Laba will be an excellent trade/sell for to shore up the D or get a real winger.

When using warner as the DM, then MB can move up to create something or help destroy any midfield play.

Its a good problem to have.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Its a good problem to have.
    Every time I see this expression used in regards to our team a gremlin turns back into a mowai.

I like the sound of pendulum centre mid. It's closer to what I want to see than box to box. I want Bradley to have to run less, direct more. I'm happy to see progress with Warner and Oso. Not perfect by any means but more control in midfield than most years I watching this team.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Every time I see this expression used in regards to our team a gremlin turns back into a mowai.

I like the sound of pendulum centre mid. It's closer to what I want to see than box to box. I want Bradley to have to run less, direct more. I'm happy to see progress with Warner and Oso. Not perfect by any means but more control in midfield than most years I watching this team.
    Yes direct more. Control the game.

hes got the shaved head, he can be our Zizi. In a few years I expect a well placed headbutt to the chest

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Yes direct more. Control the game.

hes got the shaved head, he can be our Zizi. In a few years I expect a well placed headbutt to the chest
    HA!

Dude, he's already bled from the head for us!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Klinsmann made it clear enough (as if it wasn't already) that he's mostly wasted at AM.

I think Warner-Bradley is our best option in midfield. Warner stays back and has enough ability to control the ball and play simple passes. Bradley can roam a bit and jump into the attack when appropriate like he was doing before he left for the WC. Box to box.

I think for most games it's important we have a more defensive player in the middle to anchor Bradley. Warner or Orr are good options. With Osorio there's a risk of having them both caught too far upfield (e.g. Dempsey's goal in the season opener).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley has actually really struggled since his injury at the start of the year. I don't think any evaluation of his recent game would help us make a good decision on this. Based on his play earlier in the year, playing deep at as box to box is his best role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Klinsmann made it clear enough (as if it wasn't already) that he's mostly wasted at AM.

I think Warner-Bradley is our best option in midfield. Warner stays back and has enough ability to control the ball and play simple passes. Bradley can roam a bit and jump into the attack when appropriate like he was doing before he left for the WC. Box to box.

I think for most games it's important we have a more defensive player in the middle to anchor Bradley. Warner or Orr are good options. With Osorio there's a risk of having them both caught too far upfield (e.g. Dempsey's goal in the season opener).
    Klinsmann really said that? Yet then went and proceeded to play him at AM in every match?!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Klinsmann really said that? Yet then went and proceeded to play him at AM in every match?!!
    I meant he played him there and he was ineffective.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bench him for the rest of the year, he missed a penalty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I meant he played him there and he was ineffective.
    Oh I see. I was starting to get mad at Klinsmann. Although he should probably have known.