Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    I think 114 shows what happens if you suddenly try to change things up in an area with established ticket holders (That's not a knock on anyone, just a statement of fact)
    yup it's all tfc fault thinking it would work and I will not go back to my seat in till it's fixed
    Last edited by nascarguy; 07-21-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 114 shows what happens if you suddenly try to change things up in an area with established ticket holders (That's not a knock on anyone, just a statement of fact)

What's the back ground story on this, I haven't heard?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I'd like to chime in on that.

You're not wrong in that there are more tourists, new people, I see every week but the passionate people are still in there. If given time, some of those new people come back and many who return participate. I see it.

Agree about CCL. It's always my priority.
    Yeah I'd agree with all of this. Last game saw some good activity from the top parts of 113, more so 114, trying to get involved. Sucks that the front half of 113 is a complete fuckin deadzone right now. Sorry to the faithful few who still try up there, but fucks sake it makes it hard to get the south end bumping with that roadblock of silence inbetween us and the rest of the stand.

Tough muddin right now, all you can do is keep singing. Everyone just do their part, lead by example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    As supporters we should not be trying to push the "tourists" out but to engage with them and convert them to Supporters, that is the only way we grow as a supporter base. The only issue I ever have is the people who want nothing to do with a supporters section other than the price point but that will be the way it is unless the FO ever has cheaper non SS tickets available.
    we have been saying this for several years now...it is not happening..everyone wants to have their pic taken with the drum or in the section; they don't care about support

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Another Issue with GA is the idea that people will show up early to make up the supporters areas.

I simply don't think that will happen and here is why: The SG's all pregame in liberty village(U-Sec may be a little outside of LV?) and the pregame festivities are part of the game day experience for many of us. For a 7pm game i'm usually in liberty village by 430-5 and then in my section at 630 to set up drums/chase down anything that has not been put out for us. To get to BMO for 630 I have to have paid my bill by 615 which means asking for the bill by 6pm(530 if at Brazen head) and so on.

I'm fine and actually enjoy most of my saturday being devoted to TFC but for those that are not a mid 20's single male it is tough to devote enough of your day to TFC.

It's simply not realistic to think that GA will magically change peoples habits of when they show up to the games and how they act while at the games.
    There is a lineup starting 3 or 4 hours early at Portland games so some of the Portland supporters can get the spots they want

I'd like to chime in on that.

You're not wrong in that there are more tourists, new people, I see every week but the passionate people are still in there. If given time, some of those new people come back and many who return participate. I see it.

Agree about CCL. It's always my priority.
    Just last game the person behind me spent the WHOLE game chatting with her friend...45 minutes of it was about her trip to the Bay Area...how do I know this, well because she was right behind me and you can hear it quite clearly as they raise their voices to be able to hear each other whenever we do make some noise...someone else than told me they are there every game...this is an example of what a great successful conversion we have made...these are exactly the type of people we need to get rid of...they are only there because the ticket is inexpensive and have 0 passion for supporting the boys on the field

I use to be so excited going to TFC games and being in the supporters section and supporting the boys, now, every game I go to I wonder what stupid shit I am going to hear about all game as I try to support the boys on the pitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    ...these are exactly the type of people we need to get rid of...
    And this is exactly the type of arrogant, elitist attitude that keeps people from getting more involved

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is possible to discuss GA without personal attacks.

------------

There seems to be a notion here that if they institute GA you won't need a ticket in that section to get in and that anyone can walk in. That can't possibly be how it works, in bmo's case. If it is, I agree that it won't work.

If they want to avoid the casual tourist/unenthusiastic supporter walking in or even getting a ticket in a GA section all TFC has to do is let the SG's determine who gets a ticket to the GA section and then have security enforce it. That way only recognized supporters who want to actively support will be there. It seems pretty simple to me.

In regards to the displacement of the established people in the south end I can only hope that when the redesign takes place TFC holds back non-renewals and has a list of people willing to move into GA and then makes a new section for it. That way no one has to move unless they want to.

Many people simply do not like the idea of GA, and I am sure many people have many different reasons for being against it. Please don't stand in the way of it though. It does not have to negatively affect your experience. No one needs to be threatened by the idea. We all stand/sit for TFC in our own way.
    Last edited by Yagbod; 07-22-2014 at 02:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    What's the back ground story on this, I haven't heard?
    SG111 were moved to 114 after talks with the front office so that they could do the banners, flags etc. Problem being, nobody consulted the existing folk in 114 about this and when the new season kicked off, there was a bit of resentment among the existing and new guys about the hows and whens and ifs that go along with it.

That's the short diplomatic answer to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    It is possible to discuss GA without personal attacks.

------------

There seems to be a notion here that if they institute GA you won't need a ticket in that section to get in and that anyone can walk in. That can't possibly be how it works, in bmo's case. If it is, I agree that it won't work.

If they want to avoid the casual tourist/unenthusiastic supporter walking in or even getting a ticket in a GA section all TFC has to do is let the SG's determine who gets a ticket to the GA section and then have security enforce it. That way only recognized supporters who want to actively support will be there. It seems pretty simple to me.

In regards to the displacement of the established people in the south end I can only hope that when the redesign takes place TFC holds back non-renewals and has a list of people willing to move into GA and then makes a new section for it. That way no one has to move unless they want to.

Many people simply do not like the idea of GA, and I am sure many people have many different reasons for being against it. Please don't stand in the way of it though. It does not have to negatively affect your experience. No one needs to be threatened by the idea. We all stand/sit for TFC in our own way.
    Chris, what about those of us not in SGs who have been in the supporters seats since day 1 and do actively enhance the atmosphere? At the top of 115 it took us about 5 years to get everyone on the same page. We all like to stand together and contribute to the support. I don't really see why we should suddenly have to line up 2 hours prior to a game now just to continue any of that or join an SG.

Congrats on the little one btw!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but is this YOU volunteering the hours involved in the interview process in knowing who to accept or turn away in a section? How is this simple? Even to submit members to the club would mean how many approved members in a section? Four rows? I think you'd still have room. And how did you want to go about the initiation process for the GA? Because the above posts have pointed out how welcome people feel.

Us talking here does not stand in the way. If anything what I'm addressing is a more realistic approach to the process, that is still in no way simple, that you could bring to the club.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 07-22-2014 at 09:55 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SG111 were moved to 114 after talks with the front office so that they could do the banners, flags etc. Problem being, nobody consulted the existing folk in 114 about this and when the new season kicked off, there was a bit of resentment among the existing and new guys about the hows and whens and ifs that go along with it.

That's the short diplomatic answer to it
    yup I was apart of the group that moved in to 114 and the FO said they consulted the existing folk in 114 about this and when the new season kicked off and I found out that was a lie. The FO is still working to fix
    Last edited by nascarguy; 07-22-2014 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    And this is exactly the type of arrogant, elitist attitude that keeps people from getting more involved
    there is nothing elitist about it...the section is called SUPPORTERS section...not shoot the shit section...that is what a bar and some beers are for

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, what about those of us not in SGs who have been in the supporters seats since day 1 and do actively enhance the atmosphere? At the top of 115 it took us about 5 years to get everyone on the same page. We all like to stand together and contribute to the support. I don't really see why we should suddenly have to line up 2 hours prior to a game now just to continue any of that or join an SG.

Congrats on the little one btw!
    Thanks Wull! TFC's newest supporter will be a loud one, if early indications of lung power are any sign.

I don't think there is a perfect solution to allocating people into the section. I agree with your sentiments. I would rather there were no supporters groups at all or maybe just one. I just can't think of a better way to keep scalpers and non-active supporters out.

In my idea I think the SG's could put people on that list that they know, not necessarily those who are members. Ie a 'vouching' system.

As for going in early: 1) you could still keep your seats with your friends in 115. I don't think anyone needs to be displaced. They could just add a new section using the empty space in the corners, squeezing the existing sections by the number of people who don't renew (or make them bigger going up) and by generally realigning the section dimensions under the redesign. 2) the GA section would be capped and enforced by tickets so you could show up late and still get in. You would just have to take whatever space was left over.

I think this can work. I welcome feedback. Not that I have much say in the matter either way. Just tossing out an idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but is this YOU volunteering the hours involved in the interview process in knowing who to accept or turn away in a section? How is this simple? Even to submit members to the club would mean how many approved members in a section? Four rows? I think you'd still have room. And how did you want to go about the initiation process for the GA? Because the above posts have pointed out how welcome people feel.

Us talking here does not stand in the way. If anything what I'm addressing is a more realistic approach to the process, that is still in no way simple, that you could bring to the club.
    Apologies in advance if I misunderstand you here. You raise a lot of points in one paragraph.

I would be happy to spend hours in that process if that meant there was that much interest. I doubt interviews would be necessary. We all pretty much know each other. As I mentioned in Wull's reply there is no perfect solution to allocating people into the section. If GA were to happen some sort of system would be needed to try to keep non-GA minded people out. I can't think of a better way to do it unless they open up so much space that anyone can get a GA ticket, in which case this discussion would require a new direction. I am assuming, given the other issues raised already, that any GA section would be limited to one to (hopefully) three sections.

Sorry, I don't understand the 'four rows' comment. Perhaps you could elaborate on that and what you mean by initiation?

As for standing in the way, I certainly do not mean by this discussion. Discussion is essential in developing ideas. I mean the 'real life' discussions and actions that can actually affect policy for TFC. I am convinced that adding a GA section(s) can be done without negatively impacting anyone else's experience at BMO. This includes people who do not want to be a part of it and supporters groups that have their own sections already and want no part of it and do not want their sections impacted by it. Individuals should decide on their own if they want to move to a GA section, they should not be prevented from doing so by supporters groups or other individuals. At least that is what I am asking people. As Wull pointed out not everyone wants to be in a supporters group so I hope the existing groups will not stand in the way of this idea out of any fear of losing members or impact of their group. Most supporters groups have members outside of their home sections already so a new section for some of their supporters to stand in should not be a new or threatening concept. What I am afraid of is the Front Office asking people and groups if they want this and those people and groups saying no simply because they themselves do not want to move. No one needs to change a thing if they do not want to so please do not prevent others from trying something new. We can all support in our own way. We all support TFC and that is the bottom line.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apologies in advance if I misunderstand you here. You raise a lot of points in one paragraph.

I would be happy to spend hours in that process if that meant there was that much interest. I doubt interviews would be necessary. We all pretty much know each other. As I mentioned in Wull's reply there is no perfect solution to allocating people into the section. If GA were to happen some sort of system would be needed to try to keep non-GA minded people out. I can't think of a better way to do it unless they open up so much space that anyone can get a GA ticket, in which case this discussion would require a new direction. I am assuming, given the other issues raised already, that any GA section would be limited to one to (hopefully) three sections.

Sorry, I don't understand the 'four rows' comment. Perhaps you could elaborate on that and what you mean by initiation?
    Yeah you get my gist here. We all know each other and it's about 4 rows of guys that would want a GA section of their own. The rest are content so this whole section for 4 rows of guys means if you wanted to fill it you'd need to interview almost an entire section of new people with the club rep present.

Initiation: would there be anything past the interview to ensure they would act they way you want?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by prizby

...these are exactly the type of people we need to get rid of...

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    ^He doesn't speak for me or the group. Please do not use him alone as an excuse.

"Those people" are exactly the type of people we need to convert.

I think I may add "There is no on/off switch" to my sig soon.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    I sit in section 107 and the atmosphere sucks. It was maybe 60% full last game.

Which section should i move too? Which is the best section.
    Also, with some of the derail in this thread I will answer this question less apologetically

Section 112 is the best section. It's my favourite section and I help make it the best section by trying to make the best atmo we can.

It's our section. The Red Patch Boys section so fuck yea I can simplify it.

There are other sections good for other things to other people- Some of them Red Patch Boys as well but you asked for the best and there you go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Those people" are exactly the type of people we need to convert.
    yes lets convert the people who have clearly shown for a half a season 0 interest in joining in on the support...all I see is lets convert, convert, convert and be inclusive, inclusive, inclusive...the fact is, the net result is more people in the supporters section sucking the life out of the atmosphere...reality will seriously kick in on October 18th and hopefully, when it does, than maybe we will finally get a shift in attitude

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes lets convert the people who have clearly shown for 8 SEASONS 0 interest in joining in on the support...all I see is lets convert, convert, convert and be inclusive, inclusive, inclusive...the fact is, as I see it, the net result is more people in the supporters section sucking the life out of the atmosphere...my reality will seriously kick in on October 18th and hopefully, when it does, than maybe we will finally get shamed into supporting in the off-season
    There ya go, bud. I know you're concerned about being out supported. I'm not sure how scare tactics help, though. Have they before? Or ever?

EVERYONE has a first time in 112. Most like it. It's their challenge to join in the atmo. It's our challenge to be patient with the learning curve. A lack of patience just drives people away.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 07-23-2014 at 08:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes lets convert the people who have clearly shown for a half a season 0 interest in joining in on the support...all I see is lets convert, convert, convert and be inclusive, inclusive, inclusive...the fact is, the net result is more people in the supporters section sucking the life out of the atmosphere...reality will seriously kick in on October 18th and hopefully, when it does, than maybe we will finally get a shift in attitude
    These people can still be converted. Have you approached them about support and RPB ? Told them our philosophy on support? Have you worked with them if they try to start anything in the stands?

Its not a black and white issue. These people are there for a reason. If its to be in the atmosphere well then there probably more inclined to join in if you work with them and get the ball rolling for them.

And what's the other option go to a GA system as people have been talking about.

Rubbish. It wouldn't solve the problem but only make a larger one by making support exclusive. Who are any of us to say who is a supporter or not? How do you classify supporters in a GA system?

If I lost my voice or like last game silly me completely jammed my toe walking up the stairs in 112 and losing a beer in the process lol...... am I not supporting by not jumping? What'going to happen if I don't support they way you want support done in the GA section?

Its a load of rubbish. The only way support is grown is by being inclusive and not pushing what support is on people. You'll get a lot of people on board that way. Heavy handed tactics and complaining about people not supporting makes groups look like tools and completely turns these people against groups to the point they won't support ever.

And to answer the OP question. If your looking to support and stand and sing 111-114 if your looking for a good sightlines the north stand and the upper part of the west stand gives you a great view.

Whatever this isn't the place to have this conversation anyways the OP just wanted to know the best place to sit in the stands. Back to the original topic please.
    Last edited by BuSaPuNk; 07-23-2014 at 08:40 AM.