Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Whats the best section to sit in?

I sit in section 107 and the atmosphere sucks. It was maybe 60% full last game.

Which section should i move too? Which is the best section.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depends on what you like....near the south end parts of 127, 111-110 all have supporters and most standing......definitely fun and many super fans , although it is not easy to get into because they're good value . (for now at least).........
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The supporter standing sections are 111 thru 119 plus the top of 110 and all of 127, so if you want that vibe it will work for you.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To sit? 109-110
    to stand 111-114

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the section with all the forced season seat holders that Leafs premium seat SSH buy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    the section with all the forced season seat holders that Leafs premium seat SSH buy
    I already sit in that section

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    To sit? 109-110
    to stand 111-114
    Ivy, jazzy, red CB ... Thanks, really good feedback.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Assuming you can't get into the south -

mid to upper 110 is good if you want to stand to watch the match. Some chanting, but not as intense as the south
    Upper 110 is good if you want to chant. They chant pretty regularly up there.

Lower 110 is a sitting section.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you do go into 110, see what you can do about keeping their chanting in sync with 112. Us poor folk in 111 are stuck in a strange audio vortex where we can't decide if we should speed up or slow down our singing. It gives me vertigo.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    If you do go into 110, see what you can do about keeping their chanting in sync with 112. Us poor folk in 111 are stuck in a strange audio vortex where we can't decide if we should speed up or slow down our singing. It gives me vertigo.
    Yeah, it's almost impossible to sync up the chants. Up in 110 we try to view the drum or the capo's arms in 112 but as you can tell, it doesn't work too well. Wait until there is a roof! Not sure if that will make this issue better or worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker View Post
    Yeah, it's almost impossible to sync up the chants. Up in 110 we try to view the drum or the capo's arms in 112 but as you can tell, it doesn't work too well. Wait until there is a roof! Not sure if that will make this issue better or worse.
    Get someone to volunteer as capo and cordinate with the capo in 112.

See GA would fix this problem because all the ppl that wanted to sing could go in one section, instead of being so spread out. Hopefully, it will happen in the renovations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supporting View Post

See GA would fix this problem because all the ppl that wanted to sing could go in one section, instead of being so spread out. Hopefully, it will happen in the renovations.
    Most people that are in 110, choose to be there. Has nothing to do with GA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GA would open up the possibility of more "tourists" then supporters. Imagine everyone in the stadium knowing that its a free for all in the south. You'll attract the wrong type of people.

Different sections do there own thing. 110 tries to be on time with what's happening in the Southend however that's almost not realistic with the way sound doesn't travel in BMO.

Not to mention how people like there seats for sightlines ect. The system works well now we just new to find ways to spread the words to songs for people to learn them.

We will have a way soon. Just in production right now.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One section is what we deal with already. Every section needs its own capo to sync people. GA in the south, ALL of the south, would take years to co-ordinate and sync. There is no quick fix to this. The renovation may help but at what cost?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At 110, we kind of do things are our own way a bit. We have couple of our own chants we do, and we do follow along on the chants from 112 sometimes, or we do/start our own.

Just depends on who is there, and how the game is going. We do not want to keep looking towards 112 the entire game to wait on chants.

We can't really do a capo, because the supporters section is in reality row 19/20 and up, be tough to see the capo from 112 or coordinate with them from there.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to disagree with your posts.

@Busapunk: While it would open it up to tourists, the majority of the people that would get into the ss would actually be true supporters because you would have to get their early...(tourists don't really do that). You would attract the right type of people, not the wrong ones.

@FortYorkRedCoat: Portland did it in one year...? Why can't we?

In general, we have a pretty good ss but there's no room for growth. 112 is amazing every game but with GA i think 113 and even 114 would be equally as awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GA IMO is not the answer, if GA were ever put in then GA by section managed by the groups would be the only way I could see it working reasonably well and even then we would have some growing pains.

As supporters we should not be trying to push the "tourists" out but to engage with them and convert them to Supporters, that is the only way we grow as a supporter base. The only issue I ever have is the people who want nothing to do with a supporters section other than the price point but that will be the way it is unless the FO ever has cheaper non SS tickets available.

In terms of what section is "best" it comes down to what you want from your game day experience. We can say section 112, 113, 114, 127 are the "best" best sections but if you are just looking to enjoy the game while sitting down they are not for you.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    GA IMO is not the answer, if GA were ever put in then GA by section managed by the groups would be the only way I could see it working reasonably well and even then we would have some growing pains.

As supporters we should not be trying to push the "tourists" out but to engage with them and convert them to Supporters, that is the only way we grow as a supporter base. The only issue I ever have is the people who want nothing to do with a supporters section other than the price point but that will be the way it is unless the FO ever has cheaper non SS tickets available.

In terms of what section is "best" it comes down to what you want from your game day experience. We can say section 112, 113, 114, 127 are the "best" best sections but if you are just looking to enjoy the game while sitting down they are not for you.
    Oh this post has so many good points, thanks for putting this up Pint.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Busapunk: While it would open it up to tourists, the majority of the people that would get into the ss would actually be true supporters because you would have to get their early...(tourists don't really do that). You would attract the right type of people, not the wrong ones.

In general, we have a pretty good ss but there's no room for growth. 112 is amazing every game but with GA i think 113 and even 114 would be equally as awesome.
    Portland did it in one year, as they converted into the MLS and hit the restart button. They opened up on a new sales front and sold the tickets with designated zones.

Changing that mid stream would be a nightmare for MLSE who have their own standards and commitments to existing seasons ticket holders.

The expansion may offer opportunities to change that, but its a process that we will be looking at with the team as an SG.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty obvious which sections are best atmosphere wise, but how about which areas offer best value for sight lines?

I like behind the goals, especially lower rows of North End. The side-corners are good when the action is in the same end, but if at the other end then its hard to follow.

I haven't tried the 2nd level or higher up in East stand.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While it would open it up to tourists, the majority of the people that would get into the ss would actually be true supporters because you would have to get their early...(tourists don't really do that). You would attract the right type of people, not the wrong ones.

Why do you think that early birds that just want the atmo experience wouldn't get there and have every right to just stand there and watch the people sing and chant around them? That happens. So what you get to start is the very few who want GA for the reason to gather together in one area that are surrounded by many who will continue to want the experience and pricepoint of that supporters section. This in no way guarantees any growth in participation. That comes with patience, understanding and co-operation. Also a heavy dose of respect.

We will see by next year.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    It's pretty obvious which sections are best atmosphere wise, but how about which areas offer best value for sight lines?

I like behind the goals, especially lower rows of North End. The side-corners are good when the action is in the same end, but if at the other end then its hard to follow.

Sightlines were best mid field front of the upper deck. It looked most like the tv view. I sat there once first season. I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post

I'm loving 119 for the value & view & atmosphere...

It's not rowdy or rocking, but people stand and there's some chirping & lots of cheering...

BUT the big thing, no more sun in the eyes. I was on the east-side in 109, and evening games were almost un-watchable when the action was anywhere from halfway to the North end of the pitch...

The SSH are dirt cheap, we stand 15 rows up so we can see the play at the other end - and no more blasting sun in the eyes...

Its also a good 'mid-way' section between hardcore supporters, and those who enjoy the atmosphere, get into it, chant, cheer, and chirp, but don't sing for 90-strong...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree completely. As soon as word got out that people can come into 112, 113, 114 to be in the atmosphere they will show up early. Doesn't mean they will contribute.

Portland again as pointed out by Phil had the luxury of starting fresh. We have SSH that have had the same seats for 8 years. MLSE isnt going to basically tell 5,000 plus SSH that they have to move.

And there is room for growth we have mechanisims to bring in members every year to 111, 112.

Between that and bringing in new people that want to get involved in what supporters groups do we have all the tools for growth.

Its up to each one of us to spread the vibe of support and engage people to become involved in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a walk around the stadium - tell the usher you just want to have a look at the view and will come back up - they'll let you check it out

all seats good seats for my beloved TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's pros and cons for every place I've been in BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The atmosphere is more touristy than passionate these days...Champions league nights are going to be missed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Issue with GA is the idea that people will show up early to make up the supporters areas.

I simply don't think that will happen and here is why: The SG's all pregame in liberty village(U-Sec may be a little outside of LV?) and the pregame festivities are part of the game day experience for many of us. For a 7pm game i'm usually in liberty village by 430-5 and then in my section at 630 to set up drums/chase down anything that has not been put out for us. To get to BMO for 630 I have to have paid my bill by 615 which means asking for the bill by 6pm(530 if at Brazen head) and so on.

I'm fine and actually enjoy most of my saturday being devoted to TFC but for those that are not a mid 20's single male it is tough to devote enough of your day to TFC.

It's simply not realistic to think that GA will magically change peoples habits of when they show up to the games and how they act while at the games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 114 shows what happens if you suddenly try to change things up in an area with established ticket holders (That's not a knock on anyone, just a statement of fact)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    The atmosphere is more touristy than passionate these days...Champions league nights are going to be missed.
    I'd like to chime in on that.

You're not wrong in that there are more tourists, new people, I see every week but the passionate people are still in there. If given time, some of those new people come back and many who return participate. I see it.

Agree about CCL. It's always my priority.