Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question New supporter coming to town, looking for ideas/help/ticket

Hello Reds!

I hope this is posted on the right category/board. Please let me know if I should move it.

I am a Milwaukee native and soccer fanatic. I have mainly followed EPL football, mainly Tottenham, but I have yet to become emotionally invested in an MLS team. I have really enjoyed watching TFC play this season with Bradley and Defoe and I am planning on driving up to Toronto for eight days to see both Reds/Caps on July 16th and the friendly vs Spurs on the 23rd. Pending Milwaukee or Minneapolis getting a MLS franchise, I will most likely become a Red Patch Boy myself!

Here is what I am looking for help with:

- I am a solo, so I'm looking for one ticket. There are some in the supporter section on StubHub, and that is my back up plan, but I would prefer to buy from one of you guys and know the people I'm sitting by. I am not looking for a free ticket, just someone who might have an extra looking to sell.

- Advice for pre-game activities/locations. I am from Milwaukee where tailgating is a religion, so I would love to do that if anyone has a tailgate party that could use an extra beer-drinker.

- Any other advice of what to do in Toronto since I'll be there for eight nights. Any nearby day trips I should look into? If any supporters are into outdoor activities (biking, hiking, etc.) and want to show off their passion, I absolutely love seeing people do what they love and participating in it with them.

Thanks everyone!

Dan
    (30 yr old male in case you were hoping if I was a hot girl. Sadly, I'm not)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The official Spurs supporters are apparently sitting up high in 222-224 near the TV camera angle - as some wag on here suggested because that's the White Hart Lane view they are mostly used to.

Friendly people will give you advice in here about all you asked eventually, but I would suggest getting to Joe's before the Caps game. Tailgating is kinda illegal in Ontario.

The Spurs game will be nowhere near the same atmosphere, BTW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MilwaukeeSpurs View Post
    Hello Reds!

I hope this is posted on the right category/board. Please let me know if I should move it.

I am a Milwaukee native and soccer fanatic. I have mainly followed EPL football, mainly Tottenham, but I have yet to become emotionally invested in an MLS team. I have really enjoyed watching TFC play this season with Bradley and Defoe and I am planning on driving up to Toronto for eight days to see both Reds/Caps on July 16th and the friendly vs Spurs on the 23rd. Pending Milwaukee or Minneapolis getting a MLS franchise, I will most likely become a Red Patch Boy myself!

Here is what I am looking for help with:

- I am a solo, so I'm looking for one ticket. There are some in the supporter section on StubHub, and that is my back up plan, but I would prefer to buy from one of you guys and know the people I'm sitting by. I am not looking for a free ticket, just someone who might have an extra looking to sell.

- Advice for pre-game activities/locations. I am from Milwaukee where tailgating is a religion, so I would love to do that if anyone has a tailgate party that could use an extra beer-drinker.

- Any other advice of what to do in Toronto since I'll be there for eight nights. Any nearby day trips I should look into? If any supporters are into outdoor activities (biking, hiking, etc.) and want to show off their passion, I absolutely love seeing people do what they love and participating in it with them.

Thanks everyone!

Dan
    (30 yr old male in case you were hoping if I was a hot girl. Sadly, I'm not)
    Welcome.. not a RPB but from a supporter and we want to welcome you with open arms to the TFC family should you choose join.

Tickets: Ticket trader forum on here is the best place to find a single at face value ($20 for supporters section). 112 is the red patch boys area... the entire south and 127 are supporter section but if you plan to become an RPB then i would suggest trying to get a single in 112.

Pregame activities are more limited here as tailgating is prohibited (mainly just the alcohol in public part i believe). RPB go to a bar called shoeless joes close to the stadium (usually show up for away games as well).

If this is your first time to Toronto then CN Tower/Niagara Falls(1-2 hours away depending on traffic) are the typical tourist things to do.

enjoy and feel free to ask for any more suggestions

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the boards, Milwaukee! As other have said, you should try the ticket trader if you ever need a single seat. Most people prefer transfers via email (EMT for payment and email the ticket in PDF format), but you may be able to meet-up with someone before the game as well. Again, as others have said Shoeless Joe's at 1189 King St. is your best bet to do just that.

One thing that sucks about Toronto's sports scene is the distinct lack of tailgating. There's a city-wide ban on drinking in public places without permits and all that, but there are quite a few bars and restaurants in the are around BMO Field you can visit.

As for other things to do in and around Toronto, there's always the CN Tower and the Ripley's Aquarium located at its base. If you like baseball, you might be able to catch the Jays play at Rogers Centre which is a stone's throw away from the CN Tower and accessible from Union Station. To be honest, most of the holiday spots/tourists attractions in the area are outside of Toronto itself. You got Niagara Falls as Pint said which is located a few hours to the West. Also to the north of the city is Canada's Wonderland in Vaughan. It's pretty much the premier amusement park in the country and has a metric assload of roller coasters and rides. Downtown Toronto does have the Art Gallery of Ontario and Royal Ontario Museum. There's also Fort York (also near BMO Field) and Fort George out near Queenston/Niagara Falls.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello there, i am new to this forum too but i have been a TFC fan for quite some seasons.
    Im a season ticket holder in section 111. very close to the 112 RPB usual spot, and i usual chant along with them.
    As ppl have already mentioned, tailgating is illegal but the pre-game drinking just outside the field is usually enough to hype you up.
    I am not sure about the spurs game but in regular games there is $5 beer just outside prior to the game. from time to time there are DJs and music where u can dance along and meet some ppl.
    Toronto welcomes you, my friend

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool You may be interested in......this

"Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As other people have said, the red patch boys home is at Shoeless Joes at King and Dufferin. Feel free to join us there before the game, as tailgating is illegal in Canada. (Pro-tip: There is a burrito place called "Fat Bastard Burrito Co." just around the corner from Shoeless. Best drunk food around)

As for things to do, Toronto has all the normal things, like the Royal Ontario Museum, Eatons Center (Largest mall in the city), Art Gallery Of Ontario, Ontario Science Center.

For the more touristy things, there is Kensington Market (http://wikitravel.org/en/Toronto/Kensington_Market) Yonge & Dundas Square (Toronto's version of Times Square), Fort York (A historical fort used in the war of 1812) and the
    Distillery District (http://www.toronto.com/guides/distillery-district/). Toronto also has an old Mansion/Castle called Casa Loma which you may find interesting.

If you like hockey, then definitely check out the Hockey hall of fame and see the real Stanley cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Summertime in T.O, and easily my favorite place to hit up on a day off are Toronto Islands. A return ferry ticket is only 7 bucks, and there are so many things to see and do there. Perfect day trip for those in the downtown core who don't have the time/means to head 2 hours outside of the city on a hot summer day.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome MilwaukeeSpurs! Always good to see the interest in TFC Check out the ticket trader and I hope to see you in the stands.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a group of us who venture from afar via train/plane/automobile/etc to support TFC. We call ourselves the 75 Mile Bastards (with love). Since you are definitely more than 75 miles from Toronto we would gladly count you in our number. It is an informal group but we do have a bit of a home on the board here at http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...ficial-Chapter

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to everyone for such great advice, especially the ticket trader as I was easily able to find a good seat for a bargain there. I will be using a combination of all ideas and I look forward to the game tomorrow night!

Thank you again!!!

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to everyone for such great advice, especially the ticket trader as I was easily able to find a good seat for a bargain there. I will be using a combination of all ideas and I look forward to the game tomorrow night!

Thank you again!!!

Dan
    Where r u sitting? IMO most fun is in 112,113,114 under row 15

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you again!!!

Dan
    If you need a single for the Tottenham Match - mine is available...

I purchased my single ticket in Section 112 - but now will be attending the match in a work/social function...

Let me know if you're interested...

We can even meet tonight at the match (pre/post) if you want as I'll e down at the TFC/Caps match...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supporting View Post
    Still finalizing today, but hoping for a ticket in 113, row 15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still finalizing today, but hoping for a ticket in 113, row 15.
    Be advised that in many areas of supporter sections that row/seat number are a suggestion. Not a GA section but if someone is in your exact spot just find something around it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Be advised that in many areas of supporter sections that row/seat number are a suggestion. Not a GA section but if someone is in your exact spot just find something around it
    Thanks for the tip! It is standing the whole game too right? I don't like sitting during football(soccer) games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the tip! It is standing the whole game too right? I don't like sitting during football(soccer) games.
    If you're sitting you're doing it wrong lol 113 should be all standing

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supporting View Post
    Just so you know. 112/113 are general admission-ish. I haven't seen my actual seats in 113 ever. Typically you find an empty spot. Just make sure you sing/chant otherwise that spot is best left to those who will.